Fractal Softworks Forum
September 20, 2017, 11:48:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New blog post: Economy & Outposts (9/19/17); Starsector 0.8.1a is out!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 24
  Print  
Author Topic: [0.8.1a] Dassault-Mikoyan Engineering v.0.9.5f  (Read 68870 times)
SainnQ
Commander

View Profile
« Reply #225 on: May 18, 2017, 10:55:51 AM »

Are there any intentions to introduce a proper ship of the line utilizing the MIRAGE systems? Something along the tonnage of the Kormoran or heavier?
I'd be willing to pay a premium in REDACTED goods.  Grin
Soren
Captain

Secret Beef Cultist

View Profile
« Reply #226 on: May 18, 2017, 11:11:54 AM »

No, no plans for any more MIRAGE ships. The recall teleport might get shifted around to a supercarrier, provided I don't think of another system for it. Teleportation/mobility systems like that are dangerous to put on cruisers as it is; I would probably design a new system for a cruiser to take account of the balance issues.

"The law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread."
SainnQ
Commander

View Profile
« Reply #227 on: May 18, 2017, 03:51:55 PM »

No, no plans for any more MIRAGE ships. The recall teleport might get shifted around to a supercarrier, provided I don't think of another system for it. Teleportation/mobility systems like that are dangerous to put on cruisers as it is; I would probably design a new system for a cruiser to take account of the balance issues.

I -really- like your MIRAGE system equipped ships and fighters.

They've got a great level of finish to them.
Soren
Captain

Secret Beef Cultist

View Profile
« Reply #228 on: May 18, 2017, 03:57:44 PM »

Why thank you. Another reason not to make more of them is to keep them feeling special and unique.

(not to mention a Snow Goose is effectively a light cruiser as it is; it can certainly kill cruiser-weight opponents on a regular basis, in player hands.)

"The law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread."
Tufted Titmouse
Lieutenant

Fire the missiles. All of them.

View Profile
« Reply #229 on: May 19, 2017, 09:43:00 AM »

Don't know why, but the carriers are giving off some major wing commander vibes
cjusa
Captain

Missiles and Mecha, my boys. Missiles and Mecha

View Profile Email
« Reply #230 on: May 19, 2017, 11:24:45 AM »

Are we going to get a medium/large Itano AMM version? I want more spammy missiles on a Venture or something.

Very few problems can't be solved with gratuitous violence and epic explosions.

I am pro at Paradox-Billiards-Vostroyan-Roulette-Fourth-Dimensional-Hypercube-Chess-Strip-Poker. Fight me.

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Eagles and Falcons on fire off the L5 of Sindria. I watched Tachyon beams glitter in the dark near the Perseus Nebula...
Soren
Captain

Secret Beef Cultist

View Profile
« Reply #231 on: May 19, 2017, 11:43:30 AM »

There is one, the AMM Blister Launcher.

I'd like to do a Large AMM weapon as well, but it's lower down the priority list.

cjusa
Captain

Missiles and Mecha, my boys. Missiles and Mecha

View Profile Email
« Reply #232 on: May 19, 2017, 12:32:12 PM »

There is one, the AMM Blister Launcher.

I'd like to do a Large AMM weapon as well, but it's lower down the priority list.
Good to know.

Very few problems can't be solved with gratuitous violence and epic explosions.

I am pro at Paradox-Billiards-Vostroyan-Roulette-Fourth-Dimensional-Hypercube-Chess-Strip-Poker. Fight me.

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Eagles and Falcons on fire off the L5 of Sindria. I watched Tachyon beams glitter in the dark near the Perseus Nebula...
Jay2Jay
Lieutenant

View Profile Email
« Reply #233 on: May 19, 2017, 06:25:51 PM »

Dammit, now I have to come up with a new idea for a faction style  Grin

Honestly though I love the look. I'm getting a sort of Saturn V mixed with Star Wars vibe and I love it.

"The greatest pleasure is to vanquish your enemies and chase them before you, to rob them of their wealth and see those dear to them bathed in tears, to ride their horses and clasp to your bosom their wives and daughters." ~Ghengis Khan
Soren
Captain

Secret Beef Cultist

View Profile
« Reply #234 on: May 19, 2017, 08:31:24 PM »

Dammit, now I have to come up with a new idea for a faction style  Grin

Honestly though I love the look. I'm getting a sort of Saturn V mixed with Star Wars vibe and I love it.

You snooze, you lose Wink. Fortunately we live in a galaxy of aesthetic possibility.

Glad you enjoy it.

Bastion.Systems
Captain

Special Circumstances LCU

View Profile Email
« Reply #235 on: May 19, 2017, 08:43:16 PM »

No idea what's going on in here, supplies also cost 0 credits.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 08:47:52 PM by Bastion.Systems » Logged
Surge
Commander

Go big or go home.

View Profile
« Reply #236 on: May 19, 2017, 09:24:47 PM »

For some reason the Peremohy economy is really fragile and certain fluctuations basically break various commodities. My fix has been to disable Templar but ymmv
Soren
Captain

Secret Beef Cultist

View Profile
« Reply #237 on: May 19, 2017, 10:57:32 PM »

Pretty sure this is a Templar issue and not a DME issue. It's something I can look at, but a/the solution may be out of my hands.

Bastion.Systems
Captain

Special Circumstances LCU

View Profile Email
« Reply #238 on: May 19, 2017, 11:52:21 PM »

Thanks for the quick response, I will disable templar until it is sorted out.
arwan
Admiral

View Profile Email
« Reply #239 on: May 20, 2017, 06:52:10 AM »

i would love to see a "super carrier" for the mod to field a couple very expensive fighter wings with, something in line with an astral would be neat. as it stands the cruiser sized carrier feels a bit under powered IMHO with i think it was 101 OP with the 10% boost. in comparison to the other cruisers in the mod its quite low.

anyway just my 2 cents on carriers.

Alex
You won't be able to refit fighters and bombers at all. They're designed/balanced around having a particular set of weapons and would be very broken if you could change it. Which ones you pick for your fleet -out of quite a few that are available- is the choice here, not how they're outfitted.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 24
  Print  

Jump to: