Fractal Softworks Forum
May 24, 2018, 07:54:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New blog post: Revisiting the Intel UI (05/07/18); Starsector 0.8.1a is out!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 29
  Print  
Author Topic: [0.8.1a] Dassault-Mikoyan Engineering v.0.9.8e  (Read 114846 times)
AxleMC131
Admiral

Amateur World-Builder

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: April 24, 2017, 01:44:34 AM »

... Right now I've got it to the point where only the campaign is broken, which I'm gonna call solid progress.

My kind of progress.  Grin

"I ain't one to punch first, but if the mil' wants a piece of me tonight, then they're sure as hell gonna regret it in the morning!"
- Johnson "Johnny" Parker
Jonlissla
Commander

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: April 24, 2017, 10:51:49 AM »

Out of curiosity since I'm not a modder myself, how much work is needed to upgrade a mod from 0.7 to 0.8?
Soren
Captain

Totally Not Omega

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: April 24, 2017, 12:51:17 PM »

It's substantial. Everything needs to be rebalanced for the new OP values, and so all variants need to be adjusted, fighter bays need to be added, autofit tags need to be added... It's a decently sized list. And I haven't got campaign integration working yet, so I can't tell you what all that entails (besides the vague 'procgen changes a lot of things').

The best news, from my perspective, is that none of the DME flavored REDACTED fun I concepted out years ago have been made obsolete; it'll fit in just fine.

"The law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread."
SainnQ
Commander

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: April 24, 2017, 01:19:07 PM »

Damn that sucks
Soren
Captain

Totally Not Omega

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: April 24, 2017, 01:28:03 PM »

No? I stayed up late last night getting non-campaign stuff working. That means I can start adding new content right away, and once the campaign is unsnarled it'll be ready.

The speed of ORA's update should tell you what's possible, although most mods are going to be slower. It's really not too bad.

"The law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread."
SainnQ
Commander

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: April 24, 2017, 01:34:02 PM »

No? I stayed up late last night getting non-campaign stuff working. That means I can start adding new content right away, and once the campaign is unsnarled it'll be ready.

The speed of ORA's update should tell you what's possible, although most mods are going to be slower. It's really not too bad.

I only from MesoTronic apparently the .8 update borked Exigency pretty badly.
Soren
Captain

Totally Not Omega

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: April 24, 2017, 01:35:24 PM »

Everything breaks Exi. That's the flipside of scripting so heavily.

(This is an area where my own very minimal programming competence is a blessing in disguise.)

Soren
Captain

Totally Not Omega

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: April 26, 2017, 04:03:19 PM »

New content proceeds apace.

Mystère Multi-Role fighter wing, armed with Voltigeur tubes and a nose-mounted Shockbeam.

SainnQ
Commander

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: April 26, 2017, 04:13:49 PM »

I don't recall Shockbeams being that good against shields good sir.

How will they deal with shielding?
Soren
Captain

Totally Not Omega

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: April 26, 2017, 04:21:01 PM »

Harsh language.

SainnQ
Commander

View Profile
« Reply #175 on: April 28, 2017, 12:57:59 PM »

This is probably an absurd thing to ask.

But aside from using the Command Console mod, is there an easy method of plainly seeing all the weaponry DME offers to it's clientele?

cjusa
Captain

Missiles and Mecha, my boys. Missiles and Mecha

View Profile Email
« Reply #176 on: April 28, 2017, 01:58:21 PM »

This is probably an absurd thing to ask.

But aside from using the Command Console mod, is there an easy method of plainly seeing all the weaponry DME offers to it's clientele?

Missions. They exist for a reason.

Very few problems can't be solved with gratuitous violence and epic explosions.

I am pro at Paradox-Billiards-Vostroyan-Roulette-Fourth-Dimensional-Hypercube-Chess-Strip-Poker. Fight me.

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Eagles and Falcons on fire off the L5 of Sindria. I watched Tachyon beams glitter in the dark near the Perseus Nebula...
Soren
Captain

Totally Not Omega

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: April 28, 2017, 02:05:15 PM »

Yeah, missions, the data files, eventually I'll add more weapons to the OP.

In other news:

The Vesper Tactical Frigate, a fast-moving pulse skipjet design.

AxleMC131
Admiral

Amateur World-Builder

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: April 28, 2017, 02:32:15 PM »

In other news:

The Vesper Tactical Frigate, a fast-moving pulse skipjet design.

Ooh, pretty! Sleek! Has the same weapons arrangement as the Vapour and a very similar name and... Is this based on the DA Vapour by any chance?

"I ain't one to punch first, but if the mil' wants a piece of me tonight, then they're sure as hell gonna regret it in the morning!"
- Johnson "Johnny" Parker
Soren
Captain

Totally Not Omega

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: April 28, 2017, 06:01:11 PM »

It's a Wolf clone. Should handily address the lack of medium missile action, among other things.

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 29
  Print  

Jump to: