Fractal Softworks Forum
November 18, 2017, 10:52:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New blog post: Economy & Outposts (9/19/17); Starsector 0.8.1a is out!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 25
  Print  
Author Topic: [0.8.1a] Dassault-Mikoyan Engineering v.0.9.6  (Read 76361 times)
majorfreak
Commander

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: March 26, 2017, 11:47:53 PM »

4) being rectified (and you're selling the Kentaurus short)
uhm...how come the kent has double the cargo capacity of it's (non-super) rivals? don't get me wrong! i love the look of it and i use it consistently when i'm not using the superfreighters

I don't actually like using the omnifactory anymore...it's great for getting a feel for the game and testing out mods one just installed for loadouts and ships. it's great...but, really kills immersion quick
Soren
Captain

Secret Beef Cultist

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: March 31, 2017, 05:57:47 PM »

Because it's a cruiser freighter, not a destroyer freighter, and while it has cruiser armor, I'd argue it's less combat effective than a Mule in a number of ways. Starsector has had relatively few cruiser freighter options in mods, so I made one.

0.8 is going to change a lot of things. I would rather get a feel for the new universe before I start thinking too specifically about stuff, and focus on the changes I can anticipate (I expect to get a lot of 'OMG Tereshkova is so OP!' comments when it gets the Survey Equipment hullmod, and god help me once people notice Harridans are in fact good).

"The law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread."
SainnQ
Commander

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: March 31, 2017, 06:05:22 PM »

Because it's a cruiser freighter, not a destroyer freighter, and while it has cruiser armor, I'd argue it's less combat effective than a Mule in a number of ways. Starsector has had relatively few cruiser freighter options in mods, so I made one.

0.8 is going to change a lot of things. I would rather get a feel for the new universe before I start thinking too specifically about stuff, and focus on the changes I can anticipate (I expect to get a lot of 'OMG Tereshkova is so OP!' comments when it gets the Survey Equipment hullmod, and god help me once people notice Harridans are in fact good).

Out of curiosity, would Dassault shipwork's utilizing more composite turret hard points make things OP from a balance stand point?

Their whole utilitarian first mindset seemed to make a great justification for maybe a couple composite hardpoints.
Soren
Captain

Secret Beef Cultist

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: March 31, 2017, 06:08:20 PM »

I'm strongly considering making the Tereshkova's right-side med hardpoint a Composite under some circumstances (like losing the drone system and associated range bonus).

Composites are something I like to use, as I mentioned in the other thread, to provide a venue for some extra player choice on ships with mostly energy weapons, like the Wanderer or Kobra (Mk.3), where you have to choose between reliable ballistics but high-risk, high-reward missiles. Like most balance stuff, it's a work in progress.

"The law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread."
Elaron
Ensign

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: March 31, 2017, 06:16:24 PM »

Starsector has had relatively few cruiser freighter options in mods, so I made one.

I can't remember if the Circe is a vanilla ship or a added by a mod, but it's about the most equivalent that I know of. It's got slightly less cargo than the Kentaurus, but is slightly more heavily armed.
cjusa
Captain

Missiles and Mecha, my boys. Missiles and Mecha

View Profile Email
« Reply #140 on: March 31, 2017, 09:01:26 PM »

Starsector+ added it. I never enjoyed the ship personally.

Very few problems can't be solved with gratuitous violence and epic explosions.

I am pro at Paradox-Billiards-Vostroyan-Roulette-Fourth-Dimensional-Hypercube-Chess-Strip-Poker. Fight me.

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Eagles and Falcons on fire off the L5 of Sindria. I watched Tachyon beams glitter in the dark near the Perseus Nebula...
Midnight Kitsune
Admiral

Your Friendly Forum Furry!

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: March 31, 2017, 10:01:25 PM »

Correction: Ship and Weapons Pack added it

Stop trying to balance the game around a few minmaxers...
Programming is like sex:
One mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life.

Tired of having your game crash because of out of date mods? Then click here!
Get Version Checker today! Now with 90% less hassle! Simply toss it into your mod folder, activate the mod like a normal one and BINGO you will now be informed of any and all updates when you start SS campaign up!
Elaron
Ensign

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: April 01, 2017, 10:11:00 AM »

I'm not sure freighters, even armed ones, are really meant to be "enjoyable"! The main reason I dropped it from the fleet I was using it in was that it cost too much in maintenance compared to what it did.

Thanks! Didn't think it was a vanilla ship.

One of the things I wish the Codex has is a note to say whether the ship is base game, or added by a mod. Sure, it's obvious in most cases, but with the more vanilla-styled ships it can be tricky.
AxleMC131
Admiral

Amateur World-Builder

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: April 01, 2017, 01:18:52 PM »

Thanks! Didn't think it was a vanilla ship.

One of the things I wish the Codex has is a note to say whether the ship is base game, or added by a mod. Sure, it's obvious in most cases, but with the more vanilla-styled ships it can be tricky.

That's why I put a footnote in the codex descriptions of everything from my mod(s). "Introduced by [MOD NAME]" on everything that I add... Hey @Elaron reckon we could start a revolution of this method? XD

"I ain't one to punch first, but if the mil' wants a piece of me tonight, then they're sure as hell gonna regret it in the morning!"
- Johnson "Johnny" Parker
Soren
Captain

Secret Beef Cultist

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: April 01, 2017, 01:21:32 PM »

Probably a good idea although it breaks the fourth wall badly for me.

Also, I need to fill out the name spreadsheet to avoid overlaps. 'Wanderer' is one of mine.

AxleMC131
Admiral

Amateur World-Builder

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: April 01, 2017, 04:28:43 PM »

Probably a good idea although it breaks the fourth wall badly for me.

Only a little. I don't mind it too much.

Also, I need to fill out the name spreadsheet to avoid overlaps. 'Wanderer' is one of mine.

Aye, I saw your comment in the relevant thread. Looks like I've got another name to change...

"I ain't one to punch first, but if the mil' wants a piece of me tonight, then they're sure as hell gonna regret it in the morning!"
- Johnson "Johnny" Parker
cjusa
Captain

Missiles and Mecha, my boys. Missiles and Mecha

View Profile Email
« Reply #146 on: April 01, 2017, 06:08:48 PM »

It was originally part of SS+ along with Dynasector and Underworld, but the mod worked better as several smaller mods.
It was sooooo much easier to update a single large mod for me, because my internet hates several downloads at once

Very few problems can't be solved with gratuitous violence and epic explosions.

I am pro at Paradox-Billiards-Vostroyan-Roulette-Fourth-Dimensional-Hypercube-Chess-Strip-Poker. Fight me.

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Eagles and Falcons on fire off the L5 of Sindria. I watched Tachyon beams glitter in the dark near the Perseus Nebula...
SainnQ
Commander

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: April 03, 2017, 04:58:02 AM »

Out of curiosity are there any plans to flesh out the line of ships available off Dassault's manufacturing line?
Like heavy combat vessels, Capitals etc?

Also, damn it would be nice if you could directly monitor and influence a station/planets stability & help it actually increase to a greater size and therefor better weaponry/ship offerings.
Soren
Captain

Secret Beef Cultist

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: April 03, 2017, 11:54:16 AM »

1) Absolutely. There are two (a new frigate and a battlecruiser) I'm trying to get out before 0.8, and three more I'd like soon after. Then three last subfaction ships. Plus anything that comes to mind or is required by new features later, once my planned roster is filled out. And a weapon or three to fill out the list (another large missile and one or two treats). I'd say the mod as it is now is roughly... 90% content-complete? But that's excluding polish and adjustments between now and 1.0, which could entail a lot.

I'm not going to lie, I'm nervous about stations. Those could be, potentially, a lot of work, suck up a lot of modding time.

2) Yes, but I think, given the state of the sector, that's meant to be hard. I am constantly adjusting weapon availability; the new frigate should help get DME medium ballistics like the Howler into markets, and both it and the battlecruiser will get medium missiles into circulation more often.

Elaron
Ensign

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: April 03, 2017, 02:03:48 PM »

Considering how much I like the Kormoran and the Baikal, I'm looking forward to seeing what a DME battlecruiser will be like.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 25
  Print  

Jump to: