Fractal Softworks Forum
March 22, 2017, 07:14:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New blog post: Building Better Worlds (2/21/17)

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]
  Print  
Author Topic: [0.7.2a] Dassault-Mikoyan Engineering v.0.9.4b  (Read 23500 times)
Phearlock
Ensign

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: March 19, 2017, 05:30:16 PM »

Eh it's not that far off the stats of the vanilla Heavy Machine gun (120 flux 320 kinetic 450 range). I'd honestly say the weapon is a bit too similar to its vanilla counterpart. It could use something to further differentiate itself from the vanilla HMG.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2017, 05:33:29 PM by Phearlock » Logged
Soren
Captain

Secret Beef Cultist

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: March 19, 2017, 06:08:07 PM »

I would have thought that burst fire rather than continuous and somewhat greater utility as PD counted, there.

"The law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread."
Midnight Kitsune
Admiral

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: March 19, 2017, 06:52:21 PM »

I would have thought that burst fire rather than continuous and somewhat greater utility as PD counted, there.
I thought the HMG of vanilla WAS burst fire though

Stop trying to balance the game around a few minmaxers...
Programming is like sex:
One mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life.

Tired of having your game crash because of out of date mods? Then click here!
Get Version Checker today! Now with 90% less hassle! Simply toss it into your mod folder, activate the mod like a normal one and BINGO you will now be informed of any and all updates when you start SS campaign up!
Soren
Captain

Secret Beef Cultist

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: March 19, 2017, 06:57:11 PM »

Four-round alternating bursts, yeah, as compared to 24 spread evenly across four barrels. The latter is better for shredding little stuff.

It's always felt pretty different in practice. YMMV, I'm happy to hear suggestions, but not every weapon needs to be completely unique.

"The law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread."
majorfreak
Commander

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: March 19, 2017, 11:08:03 PM »

Hunh, I could have sworn I fixed that - yeah, it's meant to be more in line with the HMG.

Enjoy while it lasts?
hmmm...really? damn. Never noticed that before. Well, anyways, i did some playtesting and it suffers from spread (as one would expect) so i think it's actually okay. I'm beefing it up with gunnery hullmod and skill. Without it i find it's horrible at destroying missiles/fighters - you'd think otherwise because of the silly high DPS.
AxleMC131
Commander

Amateur World-Builder

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: March 19, 2017, 11:14:13 PM »

Without it i find it's horrible at destroying missiles/fighters - you'd think otherwise because of the silly high DPS.

It's always a trade-off: DPS for accuracy. A good way of balancing high-damage weapons.

"I ain't one to punch first, but if the mil' wants a piece of me tonight, then they're sure as hell gonna regret it in the morning!"
- Johnson "Johnny" Parker
cjusa
Ensign

Why don't we kill the Tyranids with bug spray?

View Profile Email
« Reply #126 on: March 20, 2017, 09:56:14 AM »

I find it makes it a bit more fun. Although your fire isn't as accurate, you can't help but hit something with the sheer amount of bullet.

Somewhere in the universe, an alien is taking a crap at this very moment.

Very few problems can't be solved with gratuitous violence and epic explosions.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]
  Print  

Jump to: