Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 85

Author Topic: [0.9.1a] Dassault-Mikoyan Engineering v.1.18a  (Read 490234 times)

Cyber Von Cyberus

• Commander
  • A professional Idiot
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Dassault-Mikoyan Engineering v.1.18a
« Reply #1080 on: February 08, 2020, 09:00:22 AM »

Hello, I wanted to ask what is the sigma matter used for and how ?

A future, not yet implemented use. The author has ideas, but they are down the road and likely past at least one breaking change that would require you to start a new game. Currently, you can either collect them as trophies/war booty, or just sell them as the high value items they are.
Ah I see, although it's strange that currently they only sell for 1 credit, I remember that they sold for at least 50k
"When life gives you lemons, throw them out of the window and show life the lemonade you bought from the store yesterday"-Cave Johnson

BringerofBabies

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: February 08, 2020, 12:21:24 PM »

Hello, I wanted to ask what is the sigma matter used for and how ?

A future, not yet implemented use. The author has ideas, but they are down the road and likely past at least one breaking change that would require you to start a new game. Currently, you can either collect them as trophies/war booty, or just sell them as the high value items they are.
Ah I see, although it's strange that currently they only sell for 1 credit, I remember that they sold for at least 50k
Ah, it must have been changed so that they are more clearly garbage rather than something of importance like a nanoforge.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Bitbucket profile
    • Email
« Reply #1082 on: February 08, 2020, 05:36:58 PM »

There's reportedly a bug where survey data sometimes sells for 1 credit unless you go to a different market, this sounds like the same thing.

Cyber Von Cyberus

• Commander
  • A professional Idiot
    • View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: February 08, 2020, 06:52:49 PM »

Oh, good to know. Thank you.
"When life gives you lemons, throw them out of the window and show life the lemonade you bought from the store yesterday"-Cave Johnson

Harmful Mechanic

• Admiral
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: February 08, 2020, 07:57:44 PM »

It may also be that I assigned them to their own unique demand class. Secure Data Storage shares the same demand class as survey data ('survey_data'), so that may also be bugged.

Regardless, I don't have any fixed plans; It's going to come down to what's practical. I do hate rules.csv with a passion, but if I can rig up an AI-core turn-in interaction or a couple of custom industry installation options, I'd really like to.
People need societies, but they don't necessarily need nations.

mora

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: February 10, 2020, 10:51:15 PM »

Can you add a market where only DME-Refit and Export ships are sold? I like using them early on but they're kinda hard to obtain due to them being sold only in independent markets.

TimeDiver

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: February 11, 2020, 12:17:46 AM »

Can you add a market where only DME-Refit and Export ships are sold? I like using them early on but they're kinda hard to obtain due to them being sold only in independent markets.
Not to rain on your parade (or to White Knight on behalf of Harmful Mechanic), but considering that you'd have to start a new campaign just to see said new market, you might as well get Console Commands and spawn any ships/weapons you want into your fleet/inventory, deducting an appropriate amount of credits IF you see fit as well.

Harmful Mechanic

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: February 11, 2020, 12:56:08 AM »

Refits have a blueprint pack, so you can snag that with Console Commands or perhaps find it in salvage or exploration loot. Export versions... are mostly down/sidegrades? It doesn't really make sense for them to be more available, since they're really just slight variations for flavor that I bashed out quickly.

If I think up something neat to do with them (like a fun start option), or a custom submarket for an existing market, then sure; otherwise I'll probably leave them as they are.

mora

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: February 11, 2020, 01:29:11 AM »

Not to rain on your parade (or to White Knight on behalf of Harmful Mechanic), but considering that you'd have to start a new campaign just to see said new market, you might as well get Console Commands and spawn any ships/weapons you want into your fleet/inventory, deducting an appropriate amount of credits IF you see fit as well.
I frequently start new campaigns because I have Vayra's Sector installed so I never thought new saves were a hassle. But yeah considering this mod is very popular the amount of people affected for some pointless market would be not worth it. But I just kinda like the idea of a specialized market even if its kinda pointless.
Refits have a blueprint pack, so you can snag that with Console Commands or perhaps find it in salvage or exploration loot. Export versions... are mostly down/sidegrades? It doesn't really make sense for them to be more available, since they're really just slight variations for flavor that I bashed out quickly.

If I think up something neat to do with them (like a fun start option), or a custom submarket for an existing market, then sure; otherwise I'll probably leave them as they are.
Indeed, blueprint packs exist but sadly, by the time I have heavy industry, I would be using Deserter ships fueled with salvage from hostile fleets.
So yeah a start option would be nice. But a market/submarket would be better so they're consistently available early game.

And speaking of start options, the Brave Blade has the UNBOARDABLE hint, making it unrecoverable if you somehow manage to destroy yourself before you destroy the enemies. Is it intended to be the drawback of choosing the easiest start for the deserters?

Harmful Mechanic

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: February 11, 2020, 01:41:12 AM »

Indeed, blueprint packs exist but sadly, by the time I have heavy industry, I would be using Deserter ships fueled with salvage from hostile fleets.
So yeah a start option would be nice. But a market/submarket would be better so they're consistently available early game.
I'll think about this. There are a couple places that would be good candidates (Brightheaven is a compelling pick for a submarket), and a third option would be to beef up the number of derelicts I place; the Nikolaev trojans already have ship graveyards with export hulls, and it wouldn't take too much more to make them practical for the early game.

And speaking of start options, the Brave Blade has the UNBOARDABLE hint, making it unrecoverable if you somehow manage to destroy yourself before you destroy the enemies. Is it intended to be the drawback of choosing the easiest start for the deserters?
Yeah, the eventual plan is to have a non-econ market/mission option to replace destroyed Brave Blades; for now, that means you lose it, it's lost forever.

mora

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: February 11, 2020, 05:31:19 AM »

Yeah, the eventual plan is to have a non-econ market/mission option to replace destroyed Brave Blades; for now, that means you lose it, it's lost forever.
Looking forward to this and the dyson sphere planet and sigma matter stuff. And actually meeting other deserters as written on the front page.(If I haven't missed them, that is)

I noticed that the medium sized ripper gun doesn't have the PD hint nor AoE properties in its .proj files. Is this intended? Asking this because it felt weird considering the other two sizes are PD capable and have AoE.

NaitNait

• Ensign
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1091 on: February 11, 2020, 03:53:46 PM »

Hey, the Brave Blade is deployed as destroyed when the module gets destroyed. The behavior is similar to that of the 0 OP module issue that Tart found. The module often can get destroyed through 360 shields when an explosion occurs directly above the ship and occasionally from Shadowyard's (and SAD) polarizers.

NephilimNexus

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: February 11, 2020, 06:45:08 PM »

I like the ship art.  Makes me think of the Institute from FO4.   8)

StarScum

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: February 11, 2020, 07:52:34 PM »

Speaking of blueprints, is there a "master" blueprint I can spawn to give me all the designs? I want to use the ships for my own faction exclusively.

TimeDiver

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: February 11, 2020, 08:17:33 PM »

Speaking of blueprints, is there a "master" blueprint I can spawn to give me all the designs? I want to use the ships for my own faction exclusively.
There are multiple such packages (pulled straight from '\mods\Dassault-Mikoyan Engineering\data\campaign\special_items.csv'):
Code
DME Civil Blueprint Package: istl_dmecivil_package - "Enables heavy industry to construct civilian Dassault-Mikoyan ship hulls, weapons, and fighter LPCs."
DME Core Blueprint Package: istl_dmecore_package - "Enables heavy industry to construct the common Dassault-Mikoyan ship hulls, weapons, and fighter LPCs."
DME Advanced Blueprint Package: istl_dmeadv_package,package_bp - "Enables heavy industry to construct advanced Dassault-Mikoyan ship hulls, weapons, and fighter LPCs."
DME Missile Blueprint Package: istl_dmemissile_package - "Enables heavy industry to construct a range of Dassault-Mikoyan missile weapons."
DME Ballistic Blueprint Package: istl_dmeballistic_package - "Enables heavy industry to construct a range of Dassault-Mikoyan ballistic weapons."
DME Energy Blueprint Package: istl_dmeenergy_package - "Enables heavy industry to construct a range of Dassault-Mikoyan energy weapons."

Sixth Bureau Blueprint Package: istl_bureau_package - "Tremendously rare blueprints for the Sixth Bureau fine-tunings of several Dassault-Mikoyan hulls."
Deserter Blueprint Package: istl_deserter_package - "Extremely rare blueprints for a few prototype Blade Breaker hulls."
Bladewood Project Blueprints: istl_bladewood_package - "Blueprints for an advanced prototype mothership and supporting weaponry."
DME Refit Package: istl_dmerefit_package - "Enables heavy industry to construct modified and obsolete Dassault-Mikoyan ship hulls, weapons, and fighter LPCs."
Basically, get the latest version of Console Commands from: https://github.com/LazyWizard/console-commands/releases

And after loading into your campaign save, use (does not need to be case-sensitive) "AddItem istl_insertname_package", from the above list.

Example: "AddItem istl_dmecore_package" (without quotation marks) will add the base military blueprints (ships & weapons), but not those of civilian make/export models.
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 85