Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.9.1a is out! (05/10/19); Blog post: Personal Contacts (08/13/20)

Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 84

Author Topic: [0.9.1a] Dassault-Mikoyan Engineering v.1.18a  (Read 481719 times)

TaLaR

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Dassault-Mikoyan Engineering v.1.1
« Reply #1005 on: November 23, 2019, 07:27:02 AM »

Thanks for great mod.

With that said, why is Blade Breakers -> Black Lancer -> Phased Burst Jets system (istl_slammerjets) set as BURN_DRIVE aiType? It's clearly MANEUVERING_JETS type, and just changing this single value massively improves ship's combat performance (istl_bravejets has same problem, possibly more similar cases).

With BURN_DRIVE type system is used only to chase the enemy, but doesn't help with survivability at all.
With MANEUVERING_JETS system is used as general purpose mobility assist and Black Lancer suddenly becomes a good kiter. It seems to never store charges for sequential use, but compared to massive drawbacks of BURN_DRIVE AI that's a very low price to pay.

I mean even if it is a balance decision, there are better ways to nerf a ship than making it suicidally stupid under AI control (but still very good for player). That's just immersion-breaking.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2019, 07:29:03 AM by TaLaR »

Harmful Mechanic

• Admiral
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: November 23, 2019, 09:48:24 AM »

Straightforward error, fixed.

('Immersion' is a vastly overrated quality in a game.)
People need societies, but they don't necessarily need nations.

Trensicourt

• Ensign
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1007 on: November 23, 2019, 07:57:07 PM »

Can Sigma stars appear further away from the core systems and have more weaker blade breakers appear nearer the core worlds? I think the blade breakers the way they are distributed now to be too strong for how close they are to the core worlds. From my experience, it is much more difficult to deal with the blade breakers than remnant relative to how far I find them from the core worlds.

puffzor

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: November 24, 2019, 02:59:42 PM »

How do blade breakers support such supply-hungry fleets?

Harmful Mechanic

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: November 24, 2019, 03:07:49 PM »

Can Sigma stars appear further away from the core systems and have more weaker blade breakers appear nearer the core worlds? I think the blade breakers the way they are distributed now to be too strong for how close they are to the core worlds. From my experience, it is much more difficult to deal with the blade breakers than remnant relative to how far I find them from the core worlds.
Rest assured that Blade Breaker spawning is going to change dramatically. It just may take a few versions to get there.

How do blade breakers support such supply-hungry fleets?
Blade Breaker ships are only 'supply hungry' in the context of normal sector fleets and the common run of parts available to the player. Supply stuff is abstracted in Starsector, but the ubiquitous Supplies are more or less 'everything you need to keep ships running'. So normal power-switching equipment, coolant, wiring, etc. is usable but breaks, runs out, and wears out faster under the higher strain, reflected in higher supply use.

When they have access to original parts and materials, they're less supply-hungry than most ships in the Sector, and can 'lurk' for long periods of time.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2019, 07:02:04 PM by Soren »

Imperatrixx

• Ensign
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1010 on: November 26, 2019, 01:04:16 AM »

Hi Soren,

Just wanted to say that i'm a big fan of the original version of the Bladewood, the Conquest-esque one. Would you consider retaining it as a prototype version? Or perhaps an IBB... Pretty please.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2019, 01:10:19 AM by Imperatrixx »

OOZ662

• Captain
    • ICQ Messenger - 404184907
    • MSN Messenger - ooz663@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - OOZ662
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - OOZ662
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1011 on: November 26, 2019, 07:26:11 AM »

While not matching the sheer "walk up and break things" power of something like the Paragon, a Kormoran with frontal shield, twin and single Linear Cannons in the center turrets and nose hardpoints, and a High Intensity Laser in the main slot with PD and some kind of rapid kinetic spewer in the rear turret is one of the most vicious ships I've ever piloted, and that comes from a Crackrock addict who's spent years in love with the Nevermore. Jaunting up and melting faces until hopping back to vent is just wonderfully entertaining. The only things that tend to threaten me outside of running out of peak performance are the "oh you're 85% full of soft flux from your face melter? here's a full fighter strike package from offscreen" moments and the Imperium ship that can crack off some massive alpha damage from what seems to be a spinal-mount cannon the second the shield is lowered.
It is law that any specific ship you want will not be available. If it is available, it will be gone by the time you're capable of buying it.

Harmful Mechanic

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: November 26, 2019, 08:22:22 AM »

Hi Soren,

Just wanted to say that i'm a big fan of the original version of the Bladewood, the Conquest-esque one. Would you consider retaining it as a prototype version? Or perhaps an IBB... Pretty please.
Nope! It was a brief experiment and I didn't like the results, hence the new one.

While not matching the sheer "walk up and break things" power of something like the Paragon, a Kormoran with frontal shield, twin and single Linear Cannons in the center turrets and nose hardpoints, and a High Intensity Laser in the main slot with PD and some kind of rapid kinetic spewer in the rear turret is one of the most vicious ships I've ever piloted, and that comes from a Crackrock addict who's spent years in love with the Nevermore. Jaunting up and melting faces until hopping back to vent is just wonderfully entertaining. The only things that tend to threaten me outside of running out of peak performance are the "oh you're 85% full of soft flux from your face melter? here's a full fighter strike package from offscreen" moments and the Imperium ship that can crack off some massive alpha damage from what seems to be a spinal-mount cannon the second the shield is lowered.
'Be fast, do crimes' is my favorite playstyle as well.

Shad

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: November 26, 2019, 09:11:41 AM »

Now go get that 6th Bureau version for power-up version!

OOZ662

• Captain
    • ICQ Messenger - 404184907
    • MSN Messenger - ooz663@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - OOZ662
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - OOZ662
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1014 on: November 26, 2019, 09:18:00 AM »

Would i# I could find one without raiding my allies ;D
It is law that any specific ship you want will not be available. If it is available, it will be gone by the time you're capable of buying it.

Harmful Mechanic

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: November 26, 2019, 09:23:30 AM »

Would i# I could find one without raiding my allies ;D
This is something I'm working on, BTW, so expect that to get easier.

shoi

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1016 on: November 26, 2019, 10:49:30 AM »

THis is gonna be really vague but what's the ship that looks kind of similar to Brave Blade(the OP deserter frigate) but used by DME?

They have very similar aesthetics and have a module on the back, I fought one but couldn't find it in the codex. Name starts with an A I believe

TrainDodger

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: December 02, 2019, 06:22:30 PM »

Hi Soren,

Nope! It was a brief experiment and I didn't like the results, hence the new one.

I liked the look of the old Bladewood too... but I just had the weirdest idea. What if the old one was completely retooled into a battlecruiser with the fighter bays deleted and a more offense-oriented setup, to complement the new carrier design? ;)

The old design looked more like a pocket battleship than a carrier, anyway.

Harmful Mechanic

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Dassault-Mikoyan Engineering v.1.18a
« Reply #1018 on: December 03, 2019, 07:52:46 PM »

A big old balance and QoL update with plenty of new fun stuff. Get it >HERE<.

BREAKS SAVES
(new game required for some features, changes to hull files will crash the game).

Huge behind the scenes campaign changes; the most visible is curtailing the map presence of Blade Breakers to a single handmade constellation. That should please everyone who wants to avoid them, and procgen has been tweaked a bit although it's far from final.

Campaign balance including industries and nanoforges have all been brought into line with vanilla. Added a new light bomber, the Nymphe - four to a wing and firing Jongleurs, they're fragile and ineffective without backup. Deserters got a whole pile of new good stuff; try the Arcite Bomber and the Phased Buster Launcher.

The new Bladewood out for a stroll
[close]

Let me know if you discover any bugs, this one has been tested like mad, but I'm one guy, stuff gets by me.

1.18 - Fixes, balance, polish. More fun stuff. Breaks saves.

Content:
- Added Nymphe light bomber (4/wing).
- Added Reef light carrier (Deserter).
- Added light and heavy Cargo Rigs (Deserter).
- Added Arcite bomber (Deserter).
- Added Bantam fighter drone (Deserter).
- Added Phased Buster Launcher (Deserter) - (Hotfix for Prism blacklist).

Balance:
- Reduced Pup to 2 fighters/wing, increased HP to 600 and armor to 200. She bricc.
- Reduced OP costs of Canister Flaks to 12/8, improved base accuracy.
- Reduced Calliope missile damage to 200 frag, added on-hit HE damage, swapped over to fully-guided missiles.
- Fixed tooltip note for Voltigeur bonus damage.
- Removed Curse-class carrier from Deserter blueprint pack, restored slot types (now more fun to fly).
- Redesigned Bladewood-class Mothership (Deserter).
- Added Advanced Nav Relay to Shalaika, removed High-Res Sensors.
- Changed Zelenograd system to Focusing Lenses.
- Reduced Brisance flux cap and hullpoints as well as top speed.
- Replaced Itano AMM-3 with Aiguille SAM on Skink.

Campaign:
- Removed handmade Sigma constellations other than primary (Lenze), beefed up availability of Sigma Matter inside that one.
- Majorly adjusted Lenze's surrounds, recycled two new systems from other constellations.
- Added custom intel dialogue and intel icons for Hardened Warning Beacons.
- Rebalanced markets across the whole faction; should fit better into the sector economy. In particular, nanoforges have been trimmed back to a reasonable one on Peremohy.
- Integrated procgen Blade Breaker spawning with Adjusted Sector; Adjusted Sector now allows you to control the number of Blade Breaker spawns. Procgen Blade Breakers still need to be enabled in DMESettings.ini first.
- (Hotfix for beacon dialogue error)
[close]
« Last Edit: December 06, 2019, 08:49:13 PM by Harmful Mechanic »

DerpFaceCake

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Dassault-Mikoyan Engineering v.1.18
« Reply #1019 on: December 03, 2019, 11:30:15 PM »

When i open up my colony ship storage i get hit by an error about the Bladewood
Spoiler
1266632 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.RuntimeException: Ship hull [istl_bladewood] variant [sun_sl_75d89a]: slot id [WS0048] not found for weapon [istl_bbdecovent_lg]
java.lang.RuntimeException: Ship hull [istl_bladewood] variant [sun_sl_75d89a]: slot id [WS0048] not found for weapon [istl_bbdecovent_lg]
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.specs.oooo.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.title.Object.OO0O.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.title.Object.OO0O.render(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.coreui.intsuper.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newnew.renderImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.o00OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.render(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.v.renderImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ui.fleet.FleetMemberView.renderImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.o00OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.render(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.coreui.D.renderImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.e$Oo.renderImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.e.renderImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.coreui.O0oo.renderImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.coreui.oOOo.renderImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.String.renderImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.N.renderImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.O0oO.renderImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.N.renderImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.o0oOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.renderImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.Objectsuper.renderImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.render(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
[close]
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 84