Fractal Softworks Forum
October 23, 2018, 12:41:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: In-dev patch notes for Starsector 0.9a (10/20/18); New blog post: Portrait Hegemonization (10/16/18);  Starsector 0.8.1a is out!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [0.8.1a] LowTech Armada  (Read 3370 times)
YuiTheModder
Ensign

View Profile
« on: April 18, 2018, 04:36:32 AM »

LowTech Armada V0.04

Hi all! I've made a ship pack mod that adds some ships to the pirates, derelicts, and Hegemony, and it's finally ready for release.

I'm going to be updating the mod fairly regularly to add more ships, weapons, and fighters, and balance those I already have released.

Go here for the download.

I'm open to opinions about my kitbashing and my balancing, so feel free to flame me below Tongue.

Changelogs

Update 0.04 "The Balance Hammer Falls":

Updated new stats for several ships to better suit their functions, namely:

Decreased fleet requirements for a Cravantia class cruiser.

Increased combat capability of Corsair classes by increasing hull, armour and maneuverability.

Changed the Ballista Attack Drone's Annihilator Barrage launcher to be less overwhelming, but shoot more dense arcs of missiles.

Minor fixes to the Tappah.

Various unlisted changes that were made before my four-month break.

Added new ship:

The Morias - A pirate cruiser battlecarrier with a big frontal gun and three flight decks.

Ships:

Lawful Lowtech (Mostly).
Mask class Frigate "Missing Link"

Defender class Light Cruiser "A Cuter Cravantia"

Cravantia class Super Heavy Cruiser "Underwhelmingly Overwhelming"

Mason class Blockade Cruiser "Keeping Logistics Small, Big Time"

Corsair class Artillery Ship "So What DO The Hegemony Do With Their Busted Onslaughts?"

Scourer class Super Heavy Cruiser "Why So Small?"

Unlawful Lowtech

The Epattcuds:
From First To Last, And Not Necessarily In Order:

I - "The Literal Hunk'A'Junk"

II - "A Cheapo-Dominato"

III - "A Bizarre Amalgamation"

IV - "Some Random Smeg Must Have Been Asked To Come Up With A Ship And He Must Have Just Said: "Gun", And Walked Off"

V (WIP) - "A Bigger Miner"

VI (WIP) - "Lovecraftian Mechanigore"

VII (WIP) - "A Broken Version Of... Something..."

VIII (WIP) - "What The **** Has Such A Huge ****ing Arm!?"

IX (WIP) - "Where Are They Getting These, This Is ****ing Scary..."

X (WIP) - "... ... ... My God... It's HUGE..."

More TBC...

Morias class Heavy Cruiser Carrier "What A Mouthful... Of Fighters"
« Last Edit: August 26, 2018, 07:05:16 PM by YuiTheModder » Logged
gundrik
Ensign

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2018, 01:16:05 PM »

nice, more low tech goodies to play with

I gave them a quick try just now, and overall I like it very much. the corsair, the skull and the Mason in particular are really nice, both sprite wise and stat wise. I specially like the corsair's artillery role, I have always liked the thermal cannon and being able to bring more of them into the battle is definitely a plus

two small things that I have noticed right away that bothered me tho:
-the caravania brings very little for 35 fleet points. we have the legion with 5 medium composite, 2 large ballistic and 4 fighter bays just 5 more fleet points away from it, and same story with the onslaught. hell, even an eagle outguns it for 22 fleet points
-I need to test this one more, but the tappah could go all the way up to 20 OP cost, maybe more, and it would still be well worth it. they are a really nice idea both for the burn drive and the armament, but they are way too good for what you can find at 16 OP, specially with reserve deployment. normally I would tell you to nerf the stats instead of making it more costly, but I really like the idea of a low tech, high performance corvette

Cheers

ClassicAngus
Ensign

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2018, 03:34:49 AM »

Good looking ships
MajorTheRed
Commander

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2018, 04:48:21 PM »

I've started a new game and added your mod on my list.
So far in the campaign I've appreciated meeting the new ships (pirates mostly). They fit in nicely, really looks like an Ork-made spaceships, I like the scrapyard aspect.
The most positive point for me: the sprite are top notch. The non-pirate low tech ships are gorgeous.
A comment about the balance. In campaign everything seems ok so far. I'm not always in agreement with space pirate equipped with Mauler and other high tech weapons but it's only me. However, I think the missions showed some pitfall of Starsector: battles between lumbering monsters with insane amount of armor are really boring for me. Most of the pilotable ships in the missions are so slow, and the new drones ships so painfull to destroy, I just give up. The last mission started well, it was a really nice exercice of outfitting the ship to fit against the drone. But god, once in battle, it takes forever to move and worse, to get reinforcement at the right place. Against the siege drone and its burn drive + wings, it's nearly impossible to outmanoeuver it.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: