Fractal Softworks Forum
June 22, 2017, 03:16:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Starsector 0.8.1a is out!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Poll
Question: which is the good ship?
parrot - 58 (41.7%)
scythe - 30 (21.6%)
nevermore - 51 (36.7%)
Total Voters: 138

Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39]
  Print  
Author Topic: SPIRAL ARMS: Sprite Dump, Free to use, No Sprite requests, Free Puppies  (Read 189662 times)
AxleMC131
Admiral

Amateur World-Builder

View Profile
« Reply #570 on: June 02, 2017, 03:34:00 PM »

Want to confirm that all of the stuff in this thread is FTU even if it shows up in someone else's mod somewhere.

Most posters will have a note saying whether stuff is free for public/private use or not, or whether you have to contact them or another party for permission first.

But when in doubt, even though the thread itself claims stuff is "free to use", assume you always need permission. It's safe and considerate.  Wink

"I ain't one to punch first, but if the mil' wants a piece of me tonight, then they're sure as hell gonna regret it in the morning!"
- Johnson "Johnny" Parker
Jay2Jay
Lieutenant

View Profile Email
« Reply #571 on: June 02, 2017, 04:33:36 PM »

But when in doubt, even though the thread itself claims stuff is "free to use", assume you always need permission. It's safe and considerate.  Wink

Then get ready cause I am about to necro some super old threads.

"The greatest pleasure is to vanquish your enemies and chase them before you, to rob them of their wealth and see those dear to them bathed in tears, to ride their horses and clasp to your bosom their wives and daughters." ~Ghengis Khan
xenoargh
Admiral

View Profile
« Reply #572 on: June 02, 2017, 05:19:35 PM »

You don't need to necro old threads.  Contact the authors through PMs. 

In the case of authors who have literally not been back here in years, you might not ever get a reply, but there really aren't many mods worth resurrecting where the original authors aren't still here.
Jay2Jay
Lieutenant

View Profile Email
« Reply #573 on: June 02, 2017, 05:54:54 PM »

You don't need to necro old threads.  Contact the authors through PMs. 

In the case of authors who have literally not been back here in years, you might not ever get a reply, but there really aren't many mods worth resurrecting where the original authors aren't still here.

So if I don't get a reply from an author who has posted their sprites as FTU can I just assume permission would be given, or should I just play it safe?

"The greatest pleasure is to vanquish your enemies and chase them before you, to rob them of their wealth and see those dear to them bathed in tears, to ride their horses and clasp to your bosom their wives and daughters." ~Ghengis Khan
MesoTroniK
Admiral

I am going to destroy your ships

View Profile
« Reply #574 on: June 02, 2017, 06:21:53 PM »

Absolutely not, if you get no reply that is the same as them saying no. Regardless of the circumstances known or unknown.

HELMUT
Admiral

View Profile
« Reply #575 on: June 03, 2017, 02:37:20 AM »

I disagree with Meso here.

While contacting the original author is usually the best way to avoid issues, the sprites in this thread are free to use unless stated otherwise (like the second part of my own sprite dump). As far as i'm concerned, people don't need to ask my permission to use my free stuff, even though asking first is still safer, just in case.

HELMUT's sprites factory:

Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39]
  Print  

Jump to: