Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Officers maximum level  (Read 6979 times)

DrakonST

• Captain
  • Lizard-Wizard
    • View Profile
Officers maximum level
« on: August 29, 2016, 11:52:07 AM »

How to increase officers maximum level? Player officers and enemy officers. I want that officers had the same set combat skills(inclusive "gunnery implants") as well as at the player. It has to be quite interesting. ::)
I a Russian. And i communicate with the help of Promt Translate. And I am a color-blind person.

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
Re: Officers maximum level
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2016, 01:15:13 PM »

You should be able to edit it in the config file.
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
  • Your Friendly Forum Friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2016, 01:22:33 PM »

If you want them to be able to get all the skills possible for them to get, then you need to set "officerMaxLevel" to 36. But that is only if you want them to continue to do what they do now.
Help out MesoTroniK, a modder in need

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too

DrakonST

• Captain
  • Lizard-Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2016, 02:38:51 PM »

If you want them to be able to get all the skills possible for them to get, then you need to set "officerMaxLevel" to 36. But that is only if you want them to continue to do what they do now.
I know this, i changed this parameter but led to a game crash after a while. Also my officers (20lvl) have received new level(21lvl) but it was impossible to choose new skill. I haven't managed to notice whether NPC officers were updated. It is necessary to begin, a new game?

Here this error:
Spoiler
205344 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CharacterStats.getStatsEffects(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CharacterStats.refreshCharacterStatsEffects(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CharacterStats.increaseSkill(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.rpg.OfficerData.levelUp(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.events.OfficerManagerEvent.createOfficer(OfficerManagerEvent.java:194)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.fleets.FleetFactoryV2.addCommanderAndOfficer s(FleetFactoryV2.java:279)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.fleets.FleetFactoryV2.createFleet(FleetFactoryV2.java:169)
   at exerelin.utilities.ExerelinUtilsFleet.createFleetWithSSPDoctrineHax(ExerelinUtilsFleet.java:76)
   at exerelin.world.InvasionFleetManager.spawnFleet(InvasionFleetManager.java:154)
   at exerelin.world.InvasionFleetManager.spawnInvasionFleet(InvasionFleetManager.java:374)
   at exerelin.world.InvasionFleetManager.generateInvasionFleet(InvasionFleetManager.java:473)
   at exerelin.world.InvasionFleetManager.processInvasionPoints(InvasionFleetManager.java:611)
   at exerelin.world.InvasionFleetManager.advance(InvasionFleetManager.java:644)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
[close]
« Last Edit: August 29, 2016, 02:44:42 PM by DrakonST »
I a Russian. And i communicate with the help of Promt Translate. And I am a color-blind person.

Weltall

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2016, 03:17:01 PM »

I remember a long time ago, I wanted to try that too, but I failed. Some of the options were to change the level multiplier to negative, but I saw that solution, way after I cared to level officers over 20. Since I was used to it by then, I did not care to try that.

Sadly I do not know how and what to do though :/
Ignorance is bliss..

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
  • Your Friendly Forum Friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2016, 06:07:35 PM »

I know this, i changed this parameter but led to a game crash after a while. Also my officers (20lvl) have received new level(21lvl) but it was impossible to choose new skill. I haven't managed to notice whether NPC officers were updated. It is necessary to begin, a new game?

Here this error:
Spoiler
205344 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CharacterStats.getStatsEffects(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CharacterStats.refreshCharacterStatsEffects(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CharacterStats.increaseSkill(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.rpg.OfficerData.levelUp(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.events.OfficerManagerEvent.createOfficer(OfficerManagerEvent.java:194)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.fleets.FleetFactoryV2.addCommanderAndOfficer s(FleetFactoryV2.java:279)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.fleets.FleetFactoryV2.createFleet(FleetFactoryV2.java:169)
   at exerelin.utilities.ExerelinUtilsFleet.createFleetWithSSPDoctrineHax(ExerelinUtilsFleet.java:76)
   at exerelin.world.InvasionFleetManager.spawnFleet(InvasionFleetManager.java:154)
   at exerelin.world.InvasionFleetManager.spawnInvasionFleet(InvasionFleetManager.java:374)
   at exerelin.world.InvasionFleetManager.generateInvasionFleet(InvasionFleetManager.java:473)
   at exerelin.world.InvasionFleetManager.processInvasionPoints(InvasionFleetManager.java:611)
   at exerelin.world.InvasionFleetManager.advance(InvasionFleetManager.java:644)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
[close]
I think so (you can use save transfer to keep your progress) Also, did you by any chance mess with "officerSkillIncreasePerLevel" (IE change it to something other than 3) because if so, then you need to make it 3 again (if you set max level to 36, which you should)
Help out MesoTroniK, a modder in need

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too

Starasp

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2016, 06:49:01 PM »

you can't make it so that officers get more skill points when they have all their skills maxed, your game will crash if that happens. it's why at the normal skill progression rate, the max is 36, because at that level they have all the skills they can get maxed, so at 37 they now have points but nothing to put them in.

DrakonST

• Captain
  • Lizard-Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2016, 03:09:44 AM »

I have begun a new game and has to note that now everything works. I saw enemy officer 21lvl. Thanks.

DrakonST

• Captain
  • Lizard-Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2016, 08:51:56 AM »

It is simply delightful. With "DynaSector" amd new officers lvl20+ a game became such as I wanted. NPC to a really strong and equal now to the player having an opportunity to fight as equals. You have just a look that Hegemony made with a horde Templars! This Starsector from my dream! :D
The officer31lvl operated this "Onslaught" and he was similar to the player. It was just abruptly.
Spoiler
[close]

P.S. Yellow it is my ships
« Last Edit: August 30, 2016, 08:54:55 AM by DrakonST »