Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Have anyone heard about Fairy Empire Mod?  (Read 4525 times)

jn_xyp

• Ensign
  • Ordinary Player, Fossic.org customer support
    • View Profile
    • Jn_xyp's Blog (In Chinese)
Have anyone heard about Fairy Empire Mod?
« on: March 21, 2017, 10:29:19 PM »

I remember in version 0.54 there was a mod called Fairy Empire, which has lots of giant ships and large ballistic weapons.
It is the best mod I have ever seen that achieved my dream about huge ships and large diameter cannons ;D
Someone said it is still updating, but I cannot find it on Internet :-\ There's only mod for Homeworld2

Spoiler
[close]

Maybe one of the ships in the mod?
« Last Edit: March 21, 2017, 11:05:52 PM by jn_xyp »
Ordinary Player, maintainer and customer support of fossic.org.

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
  • Your Friendly Forum Friend
    • View Profile
Re: Have anyone heard about Fairy Empire Mod?
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2017, 10:39:50 PM »

I remember in version 0.54 there was a mod called Fairy Empire, which has lots of giant ships and large ballistic weapons.
It is the best mod I have ever seen that achieved my dream about huge ships and large diameter cannons ;D
Someone said it is still updating, but I cannot find it on Internet :-\ There's only mod for Homeworld2

Spoiler
[close]

http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=6155.0 might be what you are looking for
A note: Chrome is giving me a warning page from this mod page. Be careful

And please spoiler the image?
Help out MesoTroniK, a modder in need

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too

Deathfly

• Modders' Vanguard
  • Commander
  • Murdered by T. H. Morgan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2017, 10:55:16 PM »

Yeah, that's a TC mod from China and the moder still trying to update is but seems like it will not finish until 0.8. And unfortunately, there is no plan to translate it into English ATM.
IIRC the last version is 0.34 for SS 0.6.2a. And the only English translate one is 0.33 for SS 0.54.1a.
A not-so-noob functional geneticist
And a free bug hunter
Code and decode almost everythings with a genomics approach.
Served in Neutrino corporation as a long-term services and supports staff.

jn_xyp

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2017, 11:04:08 PM »

Spoiler
[close]

http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=6155.0 might be what you are looking for
A note: Chrome is giving me a warning page from this mod page. Be careful
Sorry for the spoiler missing, this is the first time I use this kind of "plain text" editor

That is the mod I'm looking for, thank you very much ;D
When I used the search on upper right corner, it cannot give any result :P

By the way, I also received a lot of warnings when viewing other posts using Chrome, seems like something bad happend
« Last Edit: March 21, 2017, 11:10:25 PM by jn_xyp »

jn_xyp

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2017, 11:08:17 PM »

Yeah, that's a TC mod from China and the moder still trying to update is but seems like it will not finish until 0.8. And unfortunately, there is no plan to translate it into English ATM.
IIRC the last version is 0.34 for SS 0.6.2a. And the only English translate one is 0.33 for SS 0.54.1a.

That's a really good news for me, maybe I can translate this mod for you guys at that time ::)
But as you can see, I still need to improve my English level before that :-\
« Last Edit: March 21, 2017, 11:12:38 PM by jn_xyp »

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2017, 08:42:40 AM »

Just to provide a bit of perspective here: your English is better than some native speakers.  I would not have guessed that it was not your first language. 
Wyvern is 100% correct about the math.

Jay2Jay

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2017, 08:00:40 PM »

That's a really good news for me, maybe I can translate this mod for you guys at that time ::)

If you don't feel that confident in your abilities, you could just run the translation by a native English speaker. They could then correct small errors in grammar that you might miss.

The only problem with the grammar in your post above is the phrase "That's a really good news for me", which looks more like a minor typo than anything. In fact, the first time I read the post, I didn't even notice it, only when I specifically looked for errors did I see it. In my opinion, the errors you are making at this point are negligible and most people would be happy enough having the mod back at all.
"The greatest pleasure is to vanquish your enemies and chase them before you, to rob them of their wealth and see those dear to them bathed in tears, to ride their horses and clasp to your bosom their wives and daughters." ~Ghengis Khan