Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Displaying Missions and Paint Jobs  (Read 1497 times)

Barracuda

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Displaying Missions and Paint Jobs
« on: August 09, 2016, 04:11:47 AM »

Missions Displayed on screen
So the idea behind this suggestion is to making it easier for the player to see key pieces of information. Say for instance you are on a procurement contract and you want to know if its crunch time and you need to start using burn drive to make it in time. It would be alot easier to have a small icon displaying time sensitive missions or important items on the campaign screen. Not too large so that you can't see the Pirate doom fleet speeding towards you but, its just in the right spot to let you know if you are going to run late and possibly lose some repetition. Of course you can just press E and go to the missions tab but that takes you away from the actual game play and it would be better (In my opinion) to see info at a glance.

Changing Paint Job at Markets
Simple little point that has been mentioned before but I would like to make a mention about it. I think the game would be better off if ships which have different variants depending on what color scheme are consolidate into one ship. Lets take the many variants of the Hound for example: There is the standard hound, Luddic Path, Luddic Church and Hegemony of the non defective hound. Now the Hegemony and Luddic Path Hounds may warrant their own ship as they have specific Hull mods that only go to those ships but for the standard and the Luddic Church ones its just a color change. Instead how about having refit screen of the Markets an ability to paint you ship to color schemes friendly to those markets (So you can't paint your Lasher Tri-Tachyon Blue in Jangala). And as a bonus with a military commission from a fraction and a certain level of relationship with them, they will upgrade a ship to a fraction specific variant. (Base Hound->Heg. Military Auxiliary Hound).