Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: [0.95a] Combat Alarm Sounds mod v1.4  (Read 132045 times)

Paul_Kauphart

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.7.2a] Combat Alarm Sounds mod v1.2
« Reply #30 on: September 04, 2016, 12:57:27 PM »

Yeah, I was thinking more of using a config file (which is more user friendly). In any case, I had a look at the script, it is definetly readable, even though there are no comments in it, and I noticed something :

To silence the hull alarms, you used the canPlay variable, set it to 0 when O is pressed, record the current hull value (stopHull), and only set it back to 1 si stopHull-hull3>200 (hull3 is the current hull value, for those who did not look at the script). Problem is, once you have damage control 10, hull3 will actually increase, and stopHull is never updated. So you could have someone shut the alarm off at 300, and then go back up to something like 10000, they will never get the hull alarm again, which could be a problem.

Since you already have a piece of code to detect negative hull variation, I would use that instead : if(hull1-hull3>200f) and scrap stopHull entirely.

jamplier

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 05, 2016, 05:34:31 AM »

Hah, I'd use a config file if I knew how to do it. It will happen eventually, but a relatively difficult year of school is starting in the mean time.

And yes, the stopHull problem was definitely an oversight on my part. Though I'll resort to updating stopHull if the ship's hull increases, as hull1-hull3 would only trigger it if you get bursted with 200 damage.
Thank you very much for bringing this to my attention!

Paul_Kauphart

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 05, 2016, 11:35:45 AM »

Good point actually, and no problem, I like the mod and I like to help, even if it's just a little :-D

jamplier

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.7.2a] Combat Alarm Sounds mod v1.3
« Reply #33 on: September 08, 2016, 08:46:47 AM »

Thanks again for helping me Paul!

I've updated the mod and everything should be working fine now, though if anyone finds any problems or has a suggestion then please do let me know.

jamplier

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.8a] Combat Alarm Sounds mod v1.3
« Reply #34 on: April 21, 2017, 06:53:33 AM »

Haven't run into any issues so far after some light testing with 0.8a. If you run into any problems with it, please do post here. This mod should generally work with any future version of the game.

Paul_Kauphart

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 08, 2017, 03:36:00 PM »

I've ran with it on 0.8.1a with no problem.

Jamplier, somehow, I still get the high damage alarm when I switch to the command shuttle, you might want to look into that.

jamplier

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 09, 2017, 03:24:14 AM »

Ok, I think I fixed for real this time. Updated the download link.

orolyn

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.8a] Combat Alarm Sounds mod v1.31
« Reply #37 on: November 18, 2018, 02:10:08 PM »

If anyone's waiting for this mod to be updated, in the mean time just add this to TheScriptTBH class:

Code
	public void processInputPreCoreControls(float f, List l)
{
}

jamplier

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.8a] Combat Alarm Sounds mod v1.32
« Reply #38 on: November 21, 2018, 11:10:49 AM »

I added those lines to the script. I can't play the game at the moment, so I won't be able to test the mod for a while. Download link updated.

arwan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9a] Combat Alarm Sounds mod v1.32
« Reply #39 on: November 28, 2018, 01:44:02 AM »

if its good for 0.9a now need to get it updated in the mod index to show :p .
Alex
You won't be able to refit fighters and bombers at all. They're designed/balanced around having a particular set of weapons and would be very broken if you could change it. Which ones you pick for your fleet -out of quite a few that are available- is the choice here, not how they're outfitted.

tzuridis

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 02, 2018, 11:31:57 AM »

Is there a way I can download the 0.8.1 version of your mod or (whatever the last version of the mod is for the previous version of StarSector) I want to play with Nexerelin and Dynasector.

jamplier

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 03, 2018, 02:01:13 AM »

Here's a link to the previous version, which was compatible with 0.8a.

if its good for 0.9a now need to get it updated in the mod index to show :p .
Thanks for pointing that out, I see the mods updated it in the meantime! ;)

tzuridis

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 03, 2018, 03:45:50 AM »

Thank you

Astraltor

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 14, 2018, 09:35:31 PM »

Hey, quick tip with the download link - you can change the dl=0 at the end to a dl=1 to have it directly download.

Would it be possible to:
1. make a configruation file so that
2. people can set their own thresholds for alarms, disable alarms, or disable looping?

I'd like to be able to have alarms for "taking some hull damage" and "took a lot of hull damage", and turn off the others

crypticorb

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 07, 2019, 02:52:11 PM »

-If you would like to change a sound's volume, or remove it completely (rather, set the volume to 0 to avoid actual errors when running the game), go to installation_directory/Starsector/mods/Combat Alarm Sounds/data/config/sounds.json, and adjust the corresponding sound's volume;

I love that you can change the volume levels for different sounds, and I love the mod.
I've found that the high flux level alarm is a bit too loud and piercing, but still very useful, but what inputs are valid for the volume numbers?
Default is 1, and you've said 0 suppresses it entirely, but will it cause errors if I add in 0.25 for flux level alarm? Is 2 or 3 a valid input for a higher volume?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4