Fractal Softworks Forum
July 24, 2017, 11:35:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New blog post: Drawing [REDACTED] Battlestations, part 2 (7/15/17); Starsector 0.8.1a is out!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: [0.8a] Combat Alarm Sounds mod v1.31  (Read 10163 times)
jamplier
Ensign

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 04, 2016, 03:38:00 AM »

Ah, I see what you're saying now; yes, you can change those values in the script right now without breaking anything, though it's a bit trickier than it has to be; I won't go into a lot of detail right now since I'll make some changes to the code to make it more user friendly in the future.
Paul_Kauphart
Ensign

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 04, 2016, 12:57:27 PM »

Yeah, I was thinking more of using a config file (which is more user friendly). In any case, I had a look at the script, it is definetly readable, even though there are no comments in it, and I noticed something :

To silence the hull alarms, you used the canPlay variable, set it to 0 when O is pressed, record the current hull value (stopHull), and only set it back to 1 si stopHull-hull3>200 (hull3 is the current hull value, for those who did not look at the script). Problem is, once you have damage control 10, hull3 will actually increase, and stopHull is never updated. So you could have someone shut the alarm off at 300, and then go back up to something like 10000, they will never get the hull alarm again, which could be a problem.

Since you already have a piece of code to detect negative hull variation, I would use that instead : if(hull1-hull3>200f) and scrap stopHull entirely.
jamplier
Ensign

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 05, 2016, 05:34:31 AM »

Hah, I'd use a config file if I knew how to do it. It will happen eventually, but a relatively difficult year of school is starting in the mean time.

And yes, the stopHull problem was definitely an oversight on my part. Though I'll resort to updating stopHull if the ship's hull increases, as hull1-hull3 would only trigger it if you get bursted with 200 damage.
Thank you very much for bringing this to my attention!
Paul_Kauphart
Ensign

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 05, 2016, 11:35:45 AM »

Good point actually, and no problem, I like the mod and I like to help, even if it's just a little :-D
jamplier
Ensign

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 08, 2016, 08:46:47 AM »

Thanks again for helping me Paul!

I've updated the mod and everything should be working fine now, though if anyone finds any problems or has a suggestion then please do let me know.
jamplier
Ensign

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 21, 2017, 06:53:33 AM »

Haven't run into any issues so far after some light testing with 0.8a. If you run into any problems with it, please do post here. This mod should generally work with any future version of the game.
Paul_Kauphart
Ensign

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 08, 2017, 03:36:00 PM »

I've ran with it on 0.8.1a with no problem.

Jamplier, somehow, I still get the high damage alarm when I switch to the command shuttle, you might want to look into that.
jamplier
Ensign

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 09, 2017, 03:24:14 AM »

Ok, I think I fixed for real this time. Updated the download link.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: