Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: [0.95a] Combat Alarm Sounds mod v1.4  (Read 132050 times)

majorfreak

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9a] Combat Alarm Sounds mod v1.32
« Reply #45 on: August 30, 2020, 08:23:51 AM »

-If you would like to change a sound's volume, or remove it completely (rather, set the volume to 0 to avoid actual errors when running the game), go to installation_directory/Starsector/mods/Combat Alarm Sounds/data/config/sounds.json, and adjust the corresponding sound's volume;

I love that you can change the volume levels for different sounds, and I love the mod.
I've found that the high flux level alarm is a bit too loud and piercing, but still very useful, but what inputs are valid for the volume numbers?
Default is 1, and you've said 0 suppresses it entirely, but will it cause errors if I add in 0.25 for flux level alarm? Is 2 or 3 a valid input for a higher volume?
i'm also trying to lower the high flux level alarm and was going to say the exact same thing. it's a real pain that the default is "1" for all the sound settings.

majorfreak

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9a] Combat Alarm Sounds mod v1.32
« Reply #46 on: August 31, 2020, 11:05:55 AM »

C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\mods\Combat Alarm Sounds\sounds\fx\warnings\warning_2_flux.ogg

https://audioalter.com/volume/
select 'decrease' '20 db'
hit submit

download the .wav file, then go look online for a wav to ogg convertor. use that service and once downloaded remove the "volume_" prefix and you're good to go!

or you could just unzip this file i attached. (doesn't allow ogg to be uploaded here)

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: August 31, 2020, 11:14:32 AM by majorfreak »

jamplier

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Combat Alarm Sounds mod v1.4
« Reply #47 on: April 10, 2021, 10:10:52 AM »

Hello!

I've updated the mod so you can now swap in your own sounds, and there's also a Settings.ini where you can change sound volume and triggers and such. Let me know if anything's ambiguous or unclear about how you change those.

Really looking forward to do a playthrough; this new update seems to bring us an especially spooky sector.

Michihiri

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 10, 2021, 12:15:30 PM »

Is this a mod thread or a copyright infringement thread?

JDCollie

• Captain
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #49 on: April 15, 2021, 11:36:13 PM »

In case anyone was interested, I made a replacement for the low hull warning that sounds very similar to the collision klaxxon from The Empire Strikes Back. I think it sounds pretty awesome.

Here's the soundcloud source if you want to hear it (and yes, it is creative commons license with adaptation and redistribution permitted.)
https://soundcloud.com/christopher-leaptrott/imperial-alert-siren-sound

[attachment deleted by admin]

Helldiver

• Captain
  • space fruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 28, 2021, 12:24:17 PM »

Besides gameplay utility, I love this mod for increasing the immersion of controlling a ship in combat. Having an alarm ringing in the background as your ship is at low hull% makes it much more palpable that your ship is in pieces and hurting compared to the dead silence in vanilla.
Afflictor bean plushie that glows purple when you squeeze it
30$

Rudette

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 28, 2021, 03:26:09 PM »

Yeah I agree with Helldiver. This is such a great combo of immersion and utility.

A History Of Whales

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 25, 2021, 02:47:08 AM »

Hello!

I registered partly to thank you for this mod, it's a really helpful tool. A lot of the time in combat it can be easy to tunnel-vision on the enemy you're shooting at without paying attention to your flux levels, or damage you might be taking - this mod makes it easy to keep track of those kinds of things. It also adds an important element of immersion - sitting on the bridge as various sirens and klaxons wail builds a very nice (if tense!) atmosphere.

In fact, I liked it so much I decided to get creative and make some custom sounds for it:

Spoiler
Video demo
[close]

I also wanted to make a suggestion, if that's not too forward: would it be possible to include sound triggers for when weapons are damaged/go offline? That's one of the few things that are still hard to keep track of. Obviously, on a ship with a lot of weapons it'll be nigh on impossible to say which weapons are affected, but having even just a bleep or something subtle to go with the 'WEAPON disabled' pop-up text would be very helpful, I think.

Anyway, thank you again Jamplier.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2021, 02:49:39 AM by A History Of Whales »

UltimateZapZap

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 19, 2023, 02:03:59 PM »

Hey, great mod! However, i took the liberty to modify it for myself since i didn't like the alarms playing constantly. I wanted it to work similarly to FTL: I've modified the script so now alarms only play once per instance and also show warning text. Here's how it works with my version:

Flameout, high damage and hull alarms triggers once per event. Simple enough.
Flux warning triggers once and won't trigger again unless you get below 30% flux (configurable with a new variable in the settings ini, untested).

Video demo:
Download it here:
I do NOT own any of the sound assets, they all belong to Subset Games. If you're worried about copyright stuff, i've asked for permission:
Feel free to DM me about any bugs, but be advised, i literally don't know what i'm doing. I have absolutely no experience with Java (or any programming language at all lol) and everything was done by trial and error. It just works.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2023, 02:10:19 PM by UltimateZapZap »

Famelhaut

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 07, 2023, 09:15:26 AM »

Hi! Do you plan on updating this mod for 0.96?

PsychoZzzorD

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 09, 2023, 08:24:19 AM »

Hi, thanks you for the mod :)

Can it be taken off mid save without risk ?

Roibr

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 18, 2023, 02:33:00 AM »

Update for 0.96a?!

starman13

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 18, 2023, 06:33:11 AM »

Update for 0.96a?!

It works if you edit mod_info.json and change the version to 0.96a.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]