Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.9.1a is out! (05/10/19); Blog post: Skills and Story Points (07/08/19)

Author Topic: Poor Windows 10 Pro users...  (Read 3431 times)

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
  • Your Friendly Forum Friend
    • View Profile
Poor Windows 10 Pro users...
« on: July 31, 2016, 06:05:13 PM »

I hope no one here bought Windows 10 Pro in hopes of being able to control it more because according to this, you just lost more of your freedom...http://www.ghacks.net/2016/07/28/microsoft-removes-policies-windows-10-pro/
Stop trying to balance the game around a few minmaxers...
Programming is like sex:
One mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life.

Tired of having your game crash because of out of date mods? Then click here!
Spoiler
Get Version Checker today! Now with 90% less hassle! Simply toss it into your mod folder, activate the mod like a normal one and BINGO you will now be informed of any and all updates when you start SS campaign up!
[close]

kazi

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Poor Windows 10 Pro users...
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2016, 07:26:31 PM »

All hail the glorious Linux master race.

TJJ

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2016, 04:05:16 AM »

Looks like win 7 will be my home until 2020; by then Linux will hopefully have gained more traction with game devs.

borgrel

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2016, 10:07:45 AM »

linux has already gained more traction as a game platform

a surprisingly large number of games are currently coming out with linux native versions.
GOG has started converting games to linux versions and has a linux section now
even blizzard has seen the writing on the wall and converted diablo 2! to linux native, with SC1 and WC2 to follow.

Laxard

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2016, 12:09:28 PM »

Well all this Valve experiments with Steam OS not without reasons too.

Schwartz

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2016, 04:16:24 AM »

I installed it briefly to get my key, but honestly W10's interface feels like a hydra. I'm happy with W8.1. Will have to do without DirectX12, but honestly if its main selling point is a new DirectX and the operating system at large is what you'd call a downside... no thanks. GPEdit is too important as well.

Weltall

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2016, 06:46:37 AM »

When it comes to Windows, people eventually will move to 10. I like its UI cause it feels like a mix of Windows 7 and 8. I never liked 8 and I love 7, so 10 was a refreshing change.

But DirectX if anything, always was a step towards killing and older system. The most amusing DirectX in history, must be 11. Windows Vista had 11.0, 7 had 11.1, 8 had 11.2 and now 10 have 11.3... what were they thinking XD

But Windows 10 feels indeed new. As a 7 user, I can say I prefer my Windows 7 more. Two friends I have that had 8, asked me to help them roll back (I kind of forced them to upgrade to get the free registration offer).

Now Microsoft shoves a hedgehog up the dark place, by telling to people that paid in hopes of more control and less *** "Oops, sorry. That 200 bucks you gave us.. yeah about that. Sorry you are not getting to disable anything." Thank god I decided to not buy the $130 offer I found one day..
Ignorance is bliss..

Cosmitz

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2016, 08:06:23 AM »

This comes a day after i just received a batch of 10 new computers running win10 pro. Lovely.