Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Can you suggest a nice new 4X space game?  (Read 13041 times)

Weltall

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Can you suggest a nice new 4X space game?
« Reply #30 on: July 17, 2016, 04:19:46 AM »

Thanks for sharing your thoughts TJJ. Well I can't get my hands on it for now. Looking at screens for me.. reminds me of the good (not so much) old Win 3.11 days.. >.> well I did not have many good games on Windows. Most  were DOS.

Ok since I will have to wait for DW for now, I will give a try to to Heagemonia.. maybe it has to do with Hegemony XD It is on sale on Steam for 2 euro, so I instaclicked it. Haegemonia: The Solon Heritage seems to be an expansion and it costs 5 euro, so I am reading it but will probably click that too XD

Starships Unlimited seems to be from the same company as DW? 25 euro is quite steep, at least if DW is better. I much prefer to keep the money to buy that when an offer will pop up, except if Starships Unlimited is really awesome for it's price.

Conquest: Frontier Wars has been instaclicked too. Wish Heagemonia was on GOG too.

Edit
Never mind I was searching Haegemonia wrong. It is on GOG.. >.> eh I should have not bought it on steam so fast.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2016, 04:32:14 AM by Weltall »
Ignorance is bliss..

kazi

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 17, 2016, 02:31:47 PM »

Best 4X game is the original Sword of the Stars. Sins of a Solar Empire was also pretty good. Also am enjoying Stellaris.

Conquest Frontier Wars has one of the best soundtracks of all time. Can't get it to work on anything newer than Windows 7 though :'(

Schwartz

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 05, 2016, 04:22:08 AM »

Master of Orion 2 is the only correct answer here. As far as I'm concerned no new 4X game has been able to nail that perfect formula.

There is some micro, but the starting phase is the least micro-intensive and the most important to do by hand. After that, once your production has grown to a healthy size and the most important buildings have been built, you can afford to set planets to auto and interject when you want spaceships.
Pages: 1 2 [3]