Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: I need hardcore!  (Read 3536 times)

DrakonST

• Captain
  • Lizard-Wizard
    • View Profile
I need hardcore!
« on: July 17, 2016, 05:38:04 AM »

Hi, everybody. I created this subject to learn what there are ways to make game more difficult. Some speak "Starsector" difficult game but when the player collects large fleet that boringly to become. For such fleet there is no suitable opponent. How to correct it?
Some ways but them already are known to me:
- Mod "AI War" and this "Vengeance Generators" which are an opportunity to adjust on creation of huge fleets. Very huge fleet.
- Mod "Knights Templar" these are rather dangerous ships but against which there are ways of fight. In the presence of big kinetic tools they do not seem dangerous any more. Their fleet has too small size. At some point they don't pose threat any more.
- Mod "Ship/Weapon Pack/Starsector+" and IBB ships. IBB fleets very good challenge but 15 (approximately) of stages isn't enough of those. Against them it is interesting to be at war but it to small fleet count.
- Mod "ApproLight" fraction with the angry ships. And also "Boss fleets". But in "ApproLight v0.4.6a(f1) -Prime-" have delete their old generation this fleets and in "Nexerelin - non Corvus mode" there is no opportunity to battle against them.
- Mod "Extra System" this mod doesn't strengthen the enemy, he strengthens the player. AI doesn't use improvement in enough count.
Perhaps it would be worth changing system. To clean a possibility of improvements of the ship and to leave only his quality with completely improved indicators. It considerably would diversify game.

And what is known you?
I a Russian. And i communicate with the help of Promt Translate. And I am a color-blind person.

Tartiflette

• Admiral
  • MagicLab discord: https://discord.gg/EVQZaD3naU
    • View Profile
Re: I need hardcore!
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2016, 07:59:34 AM »

In DynaSector's folder you have a DYNASECTOR_OPTIONS.ini that contains an option to enable "rare ships", and in it's settings.json you can uncomment the "expensive ships" options. With those two enabled you have to rely on capturing ships rather than buying them, making it harder to get a end-game fleet with only the best ships possible. You can also activate the "Starfarer" mode when creating a new game in Nexerelin.

DrakonST

• Captain
  • Lizard-Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2016, 08:16:00 AM »

In DynaSector's folder you have a DYNASECTOR_OPTIONS.ini that contains an option to enable "rare ships", and in it's settings.json you can uncomment the "expensive ships" options. With those two enabled you have to rely on capturing ships rather than buying them, making it harder to get a end-game fleet with only the best ships possible. You can also activate the "Starfarer" mode when creating a new game in Nexerelin.
Yes "rare ships" it`s good variant. I used him earlier.
 "Starfarer" and how exactly the option "Starfarer" changes game? I haven't noticed changes except mounty paid.
I a Russian. And i communicate with the help of Promt Translate. And I am a color-blind person.

Tartiflette

• Admiral
  • MagicLab discord: https://discord.gg/EVQZaD3naU
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2016, 08:48:15 AM »

Other factions get hostile with yours much more often, thus you get targeted by more hit fleets.

DrakonST

• Captain
  • Lizard-Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2016, 09:04:33 AM »

Other factions get hostile with yours much more often, thus you get targeted by more hit fleets.
I have always all enemies and all chase me. Therefore I likely haven't noticed a difference. :D

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
  • Your Friendly Forum Friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2016, 06:51:29 PM »

Another thing that you can do is mod the easy mode settings in the settings.json file to make the game harder
Help out MesoTroniK, a modder in need

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too