Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Faction D&D alignments in the Modiverse  (Read 9017 times)

borgrel

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Faction D&D alignments in the Modiverse
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2016, 05:21:24 AM »

+1 .... i like it tartiflette

Weltall

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2016, 06:42:53 AM »

With what Tartiflette said, I wonder if Dark Spire is Chaotic Evil. I mean, they just want to destroy anything that is not them, like Knight Templar, but I do not think they would turn on their own kind. If anything, the way they are presented, looks like they act on instinct. Dark Spire reminds me of ants, to be precise Army Ants. They move and destroy anything on their path, only recognizing and protecting their own. Everything else is food. If anything I think they are Lawful Evil, their actions not harming their own people.

I am guessing by Tartiflette's way of thinking, Lawful Chaotic Renegade?
Ignorance is bliss..

Tartiflette

• Admiral
  • MagicLab discord: https://discord.gg/EVQZaD3naU
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2016, 08:22:21 AM »

The way I see it, Paragon/Renegade represent if you fight with your cards on the table, and only toward a precise objective without gratuitous collateral damage. The same way you can have Evil factions that fight with "honor" or not: like the difference between old school Mafia and gangs, or Klingons and Siths. The weird spot with this idea would be Evil Chaotic Paragon. Maybe that would be akin to a guild of professional Duelist? Every member is an independent gun-for-hire, but they all abide by the same code.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2016, 03:26:44 PM by Tartiflette »

Pages: 1 [2]