Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: So I saw this thing - A StarSector picture thread  (Read 20011 times)

King Alfonzo

• Admiral
  • -- D O C T O R --
    • View Profile
Re: So I saw this thing - A StarSector picture thread
« Reply #30 on: December 07, 2016, 02:56:42 PM »

Next after hammerheads buffalos XD

Buffaloes will be simultaneously easy and hard. Easy because it's pretty simple to get Tritach, Hegemony, Luddic, both Ds and normals from civilian markets. Hard because the Luddic Raider Buffalonearly never shows up in raider fleets, let alone trying to isolate and capture it.

RandomnessInc

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 12, 2016, 02:07:39 AM »

Good point, wolves or lashers would be a bit harder
May the fry be with you.

martinw

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 12, 2016, 06:14:15 AM »

PANIC
:P
Spoiler
[close]

Damm! How does the AI get such giant fleets? Is it via a mod or something?

King Alfonzo

• Admiral
  • -- D O C T O R --
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 12, 2016, 02:38:44 PM »

It's from Nexerelin.

Essentially in that game factions can capture other faction's markets. The Luddic Church fleet is (I think) an invading fleet. The invading fleet size is proportional to the thing it's invading, and the size of the market where the fleet is coming from. That fleet is from a very big market, going to invade another very big market. The pirate fleet is the type that spawns when an invading fleet attacks another market (hence, 'Response' fleet). Normally the response fleet and the invading fleet clash, and from the outcome of that battle the market ends up changing hands or not. Afterwards the fleet despawns. However, sometimes either fleet can end up getting distracted, chasing random enemy boats until they end up somewhere else entirely (See my earlier picture on the Hegemony Response Fleet).

Alternatively, that Luddic fleet is actually a hunter fleet - I'm not sure if Purification means 'hunter' or 'invader'. Hunter fleets spawn when you get to Vengeful against another faction. They end up sending fleets at you proportional to your own fleet; so if you have a scary fleet, the enemy will send scary fleets at you. Not sure if that's SS+, Dynasector or Nexerelin that does this.

Also, if anyone was wondering - The Sunder-D has managed to outlive all the Sunders. I am not joking. I have not needed to replace it or re-pick it up after battle, it just refuses to die. It's obscene that the half broken, piddly little (D) version lasts longer than the friggin over-worked, hot-tuned Fracture in heavy combat vs. Templar fleets.

Vind

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 12, 2016, 03:35:58 PM »

Linnis

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 12, 2016, 08:43:22 PM »

This is how I like to play, small battles, 500 battle-size (max I can go without major slowdowns)

Remember that space battle in the firefly movie where everything was everywhere shooting in every direction? This turns into that real quick.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2016, 08:46:28 PM by Linnis »

Takion Kasukedo

• Admiral
  • No longer drinking (Alcohol that is)
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 28, 2017, 09:18:58 PM »

I believe this thread could use an album, both of my design progress, but also my experiences with Starsector, all the way from 6.52a to current (I think it's 6.52a or 65.2a or probably even 7.0a)

- The Experiences.

Designs In Progress (also depicting the philosophy of said faction)
Is now able to cook a decent Creamy Salmon Pasta, amok other things.

Still loves purple. Still not skilled enough to make a mod that doesn't get that one damn error.
Pages: 1 2 [3]