Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Asking for support - my game on Greenlight  (Read 6093 times)

13branniy

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Asking for support - my game on Greenlight
« on: May 31, 2016, 07:26:11 AM »

Hello dear friends,

My name is Alexey, I became a fan of Starsector back in 2012 when it was called Starfarer. This great game was a part of the inspiration that formed me as a game developer. Now I am a commercial developer by day and indie dev by night.

Alex was so kind to let me post here about my game. So, I am here to tell you about my game and ask for your support.

The project is called Space Tactics. It's a turn-based tactics game with top-down perspective and holographic style visuals. We aim for a hardcore audience, the game is pretty tough.
Gameplay-wise it's quite close to SteamBirds and Crimson Pirates. We plan to release the game on Steam and then on iOS, Android and Windows Phone few weeks later. The game will be paid on mobile platforms, without ads and any paid content.
All content and feature updates on all platforms will be free.

There is about 20 hours of gameplay and good replayability thanks to the random battles generator.

Main features:
  • Two campaigns with different gameplay - one is focused on fleet battles, another - on dogfights;
  • Fleet and Dogfight Skirmish modes - randomized battles; Level up your Commander and access new ships;
  • Ships active abilities - afterburner, 180-degree turn, temporary invulnerability etc.;
  • Some ships provide significant broadside firepower, other go for frontal firepower;
  • Interesting, skill-based achievements;
  • Music by X3 and X-Rebirth composer.

Two days ago I submitted the game on Steam Greenlight and I'll be extremely happy and much appreciate if you can vote for Space Tactics here: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=693617739

Feel free to ask me anything about the game, I would be glad to share my comments!

Best regards,
Alexey

TJJ

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Asking for support - my game on Greenlight
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2016, 07:31:11 AM »

Looks quite 'Spesial'  ;)

13branniy

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2016, 12:34:25 AM »

Looks quite 'Spesial'  ;)

Hello TJJ, oh how I missed that :) Thanks for noticing!

Sabaton

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2016, 01:58:01 AM »

First things first, making an account just to advertise a game is generally frown upon and gets you nowhere.

Second, this is a rather small site with a small active community, don't expect a miracle.

And third, good luck with your game, looks better than most of the stuff on greenlight.

Kevin Flemming

• Commander
  • So say we all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2016, 02:44:47 AM »

First things first...
...stuff on greenlight.

I'm very, very picky with what I Greenlight anyhow. There are far too many "trash" games about lately (not saying this is trash, of course. I'm not that harsh lol), the market is literally saturated because of gaming's popularity growth, over the last ten years. With things like Blender, Unity, Steam's Greenlight, Kickstarter campaigns and whatnot, it's also far more accessible. Whether that is bad or good, is personal perspective. If you have a real talent for it and can earn a wage, fair enough.

13, while this isn't quite my thing (overall), you have good ethics regarding purchasing and keep at it. Don't let people sway you too much from your goal and best of luck! ;)

13branniy

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2016, 07:56:12 AM »

Hello guys,

I'm surprised and pleased by your support and good, thoughtful, meaningful comments!

@Sabaton
First things first, making an account just to advertise a game is generally frown upon and gets you nowhere.
I created this account back in 2012 when first heard about Starsector (Starfarer that days) for only one reason - to talk to Alex. So this is an old account and I'm just using an opportunity to reach this community. Because I think the community is great and might like Space Tactics.

Second, this is a rather small site with a small active community, don't expect a miracle.

I will be happy if I get a few sales from this forum :) The game is more 'let's make a game I will enjoy myself and maybe earn some money with it'.

And third, good luck with your game, looks better than most of the stuff on greenlight.
Thank you very much!

@Kevin Flemming
13, while this isn't quite my thing (overall), you have good ethics regarding purchasing and keep at it. Don't let people sway you too much from your goal and best of luck! Wink
I will follow this advice with pleasure, thank you!

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2016, 09:18:51 AM »

(I just want to add that he also asked me before creating this thread.)

Deshara

• Admiral
  • Suggestion Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2016, 11:25:06 AM »

Clearly Alex is in on this greenlight racket and has simply been playing the long game, using starsector as a platform.
Ban Alex!
Quote from: Deshara
I cant be blamed for what I said 5 minutes ago. I was a different person back then

Sabaton

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2016, 12:24:06 AM »

Clearly Alex is in on this greenlight racket and has simply been playing the long game, using starsector as a platform.
Ban Alex!

Ban the traitors! Make starsector great again!