Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Thoughts on a Discord server?  (Read 4370 times)

Cyan Leader

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Thoughts on a Discord server?
« on: May 23, 2016, 07:21:37 PM »

Discord is essentially the new IRC. Many communities have one and I thought that since we have an active community of players and modders we could perhaps have one too?

During Homeworld: Deserts of Kharak launch I used to frequent its Discord server and it was really nice, people talked to each other all the time and the devs had a really fast channel to communicate with the playerbase. It's rare to see developers who like to interact a lot with their users and seeing how active Alex is I thought that maybe this is something that could help him and the SS community.

Gorgonson

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: Thoughts on a Discord server?
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2016, 08:23:48 PM »

I'd be happy to have a place to chat with you all.  I already lurk more than is healthy for me.

Sy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2016, 04:31:30 PM »

seems i'm a bit late, but i agree, Discord's a really good chat program from what i've seen so far, and it seems to be quite popular. an active SS server would be nice.

MesoTroniK

• Admiral
  • I am going to destroy your ships
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2016, 04:44:35 PM »

Then someone should make it, if one wants something like this done then unilateral action is the best way heh.

I am personally not a fan of Discord myself, but am forced to use it for some things...

Kevin Flemming

• Commander
  • So say we all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2016, 02:49:18 AM »

I don't really chat in games. I find it to be a distraction from my goals and there is always drama or bickering (unsure if I might be the catalyst for that, people often don't get my sarcasm and straight-talking nature when online lol).

Yes, I'm fun at parties. I know. ;D

Sy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2016, 11:12:20 AM »

Then someone should make it, if one wants something like this done then unilateral action is the best way heh.
if it's just a small one for a handful of people, yeah. looks like it would be. if it was bigger, might wanna let one of the mods create it.

@Cyan, want to create one yourself, or should i?

Deshara

• Admiral
  • Suggestion Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2016, 11:20:02 AM »

Are you guys going for a voice chat room or a global text chat? Cause I like the latter for games like starsector but maaan do I never use the former
Quote from: Deshara
I cant be blamed for what I said 5 minutes ago. I was a different person back then

Sy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2016, 11:27:02 AM »

same for me, i don't use voicechat unless i'm in a multiplayer game with a friend. but text chats can sit in the background for whenever i feel like 'talking' there.

Deshara

• Admiral
  • Suggestion Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2016, 11:29:29 AM »

I'm doing it right meow, have a link for you in a second once I get the icon pulled for it (and ask Alex for permission to use it)
I cant be blamed for what I said 5 minutes ago. I was a different person back then

Deshara

• Admiral
  • Suggestion Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2016, 12:03:44 PM »