Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Can somebody help me with the crash I keep getting?  (Read 3287 times)

SoulsSin

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Can somebody help me with the crash I keep getting?
« on: April 28, 2016, 01:52:27 PM »

Haven't played Starsector for a while, decided to jump back into it and basiclly downloaded Nexerelin, dynaSector and all mods listed in that mod that are up to date aswell as all requirements of the mods. Unzipped them in the mod directory. On generating a new world (I can start the game, chose all the options then on generating the world it crashes). I get a huge Crashlog. Saying Error loading  [graphics/ssp/backgrounds/ssp_arcade.png] resource not found in and the basiclly all the mods listed.

Where did I *** up?

SoulsSin

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: Can somebody help me with the crash I keep getting?
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2016, 01:53:37 PM »

Here are the last few lines of the starsector log starting from where I get an error:

392487 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.RuntimeException: Error loading [graphics/ssp/backgrounds/ssp_arcade.png] resource, not found in [C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\DynaSector,C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Autonomous Ships,C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Blackrock Drive Yards,C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\DIABLEAVIONICS,C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Interstellar Imperium,C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\JP_RC_255,C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\LazyLib,C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Nexerelin,C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\SCY,C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\shadow_ships,C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Ship and Weapon Pack,C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Templars,C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\mayorate,C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\TwigLib,C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Underworld,C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Audio Plus,C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\GraphicsLib,../starfarer.res/res,CLASSPATH]
java.lang.RuntimeException: Error loading [graphics/ssp/backgrounds/ssp_arcade.png] resource, not found in [C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\DynaSector,C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Autonomous Ships,C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Blackrock Drive Yards,C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\DIABLEAVIONICS,C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Interstellar Imperium,C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\JP_RC_255,C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\LazyLib,C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Nexerelin,C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\SCY,C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\shadow_ships,C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Ship and Weapon Pack,C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Templars,C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\mayorate,C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\TwigLib,C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Underworld,C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Audio Plus,C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\GraphicsLib,../starfarer.res/res,CLASSPATH]
   at com.fs.util.ooOO.Ó00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.util.ooOO.String(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader.Ô00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.util.ReplaceableSprite.update(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.BackgroundAndStars.renderBG(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.BaseLocation.renderBG(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.renderBG(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.render(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

xenoargh

• Admiral
  • naively breaking things!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2016, 03:18:16 PM »

Just read the error; it says what happened:

Error loading [graphics/ssp/backgrounds/ssp_arcade.png] resource, not found in [C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..
Please check out my SS projects :)
Xeno's Mod Pack

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2016, 08:40:21 PM »

To work around this, copy another background image from somewhere to graphics/ssp/backgrounds/ssp_arcade.png in starsector-core or one of the mod folders.
I'll fix Nexerelin over the weekend.

SoulsSin

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2016, 11:52:54 PM »

Just read the error; it says what happened:

Error loading [graphics/ssp/backgrounds/ssp_arcade.png] resource, not found in [C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..

Not trying to be rude, but why even bother with such a reply? I obviously did read the error. And sure it says resource not found, however since I did not delete anything / move anything around it does make me wonder what went wrong...
Also not everybody is that into modding that they will just fix it themself.

Anyway thank you for taking the time to reply =)

SoulsSin

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2016, 11:53:12 PM »

To work around this, copy another background image from somewhere to graphics/ssp/backgrounds/ssp_arcade.png in starsector-core or one of the mod folders.
I'll fix Nexerelin over the weekend.

Thanks. Worked perfectly fine =)