Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Expending planetary warehouse functionality?  (Read 1235 times)

Sonlirain

• Commander
    • View Profile
Expending planetary warehouse functionality?
« on: April 28, 2016, 06:47:16 AM »

Ok so i played this game for the first time in... maybe a year now and like the addition of trade, CR ETC.
However the trading is kinda lacking due to not really allowing for trading in bulk outside of times when a planetary crisis of some kind takes place (Famine and food delivery of course).
But if i find a classic seemingly profitable trade route with a mining colony selling ore for 2c and refinery buying for 12c i can't take any advantage of that because the first price will start rising/dipping on a per unit basis (unlike X where the player can in buy and sell for one set price) so you likely won't make any profit past maybe the first 3 units traded because the prices will fluctuate immediately.

Now while that's more realistic economy wise compared to what X did it's still a trap for people who want to try trading.
A simple solution would be expanding the warehouse functionality by adding an automatic buy/sell functionality so i can tell my warehouse at the mining colony to buy ore whenever it's available for under 3c and my refinery warehouse to sell it as long as the price is above 10c (tariffs included).

Naturally if you try storing food on a planet prone to famine and set the selling price to 200+ (so it gets autosold when a famine event pops up) you will either anger the faction for hogging the food and being co-responsible for the famine or have an angry mod break into your storage and take what's theirs (possibly ending the famine as well if you had 1000 or more food there) without playing you a single credit (and angering the faction as well).