Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 85

Author Topic: [0.97a] Ship/Weapon Pack 1.15.1  (Read 1108441 times)

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
Re: [0.9.1a] Ship/Weapon Pack 1.12.0
« Reply #780 on: October 09, 2020, 07:21:29 PM »

IBB Rylek spawned in my game captaining a bog-standard Nebula transport, with no special ships in his fleet. Is that supposed to happen?

You must not have updated Arkgneisis...

Drazhya

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: October 10, 2020, 04:59:02 AM »

You must not have updated Arkgneisis...

So it seems. Checked for mod updates, saw the ARS update, thought it looked cool, thought I downloaded it... apparently didn't.

fastdino

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: October 12, 2020, 01:13:54 AM »

The IBB bounty ship Nike, feels underwhelming when compared to the vanilla Conquest. Although the ship has great mobility with its extremely fast charging ship system, having one broadside heavy mount at each side really hurts the ships dps. The 4 front medium missile mounts, as well as the large front universal mount added for compensation does give this ship great alpha potential, however when compared to the conquest's 2 large front missile mounts and 2 off-bore medium missile mounts, it becomes apparent that it doesn't really outperform the vanilla conquest in a alpha strike noticeably. The ship just feels like a side-grade to the conquest, rather than a complete upgrade despite the built in hull mods and increased hull and armor. I don't think the nike currently is worth the 10 extra deployment cost over the conquest.

Chairman Suryasari

• Captain
  • The Deployer of John Lennon's.
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: October 12, 2020, 03:25:46 AM »

@fastdino

You'd be surprised how many IBB Ships that are much worse at combat than vanilla counter-part. IBB not supposed to be direct upgrade, think IBB Ships as trophy.
"Kids under 13 shouldn't have access to the internet. if 10yo me were on tumblr and read about suicide and depression 5 hours a day, every day, god knows i would jump off a bridge if my parents ever yell at me."

-Some random Youtube comment on video about Sonic OC.

Carl

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: October 12, 2020, 05:59:21 AM »

Hey guys ! Maybe it has been replied but I have a little problem : When you loose a battle with an IBB ship can you have it back ? So basically I loose a battle and I have to escape the system, since the IBB ship is destroyed I can't have it back ?

Serenitis

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: October 12, 2020, 07:35:11 AM »

Hey guys ! Maybe it has been replied but I have a little problem : When you loose a battle with an IBB ship can you have it back ? So basically I loose a battle and I have to escape the system, since the IBB ship is destroyed I can't have it back ?
If a ship is disabled in combat, you need to win the fight in order to recover it.
If you run, you lose it.
(There's a tiny possiblity that if you can return to the debris field before it vanishes, you can recover something. No guarantees.)

VICTORY IS LIFE!

Carl

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: October 13, 2020, 11:38:19 AM »

If a ship is disabled in combat, you need to win the fight in order to recover it.
If you run, you lose it.
(There's a tiny possiblity that if you can return to the debris field before it vanishes, you can recover something. No guarantees.)

VICTORY IS LIFE!

OK thanks Serenitis ! So ... VICTORY IS KEY!

Retry

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: October 13, 2020, 04:44:27 PM »

@fastdino

You'd be surprised how many IBB Ships that are much worse at combat than vanilla counter-part. IBB not supposed to be direct upgrade, think IBB Ships as trophy.
I honestly don't feel like any of the IBB Ships are much worse at combat than their vanilla variants (if they are, the DP value certainly doesn't reflect that).  They're not all "direct" upgrades (For example, Pony loses a medium turret to gain a Tachyon Lance), but they do seem to be more powerful than vanilla counterparts as a whole (and almost always more fun to pilot).

I'd probably say the only kinda-sorta sidegrade-ish ships is the ones in the final IBB bounty.  Other than the Paragon, I just don't really understand exactly how I'm supposed to fit those ships.  Their improved ship systems and the Nike's better shield efficiency is enough that I'd take them over their stock versions, even if fitting them is... kinda weird.

If you run, you lose it.

VICTORY IS LIFE!
Don't IBBs that you've missed or lost sometimes pop up in the Prism Freeport (assuming Nex)?

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #788 on: October 13, 2020, 05:42:29 PM »

If you run, you lose it.

VICTORY IS LIFE!
Don't IBBs that you've missed or lost sometimes pop up in the Prism Freeport (assuming Nex)?
IBBs only appear in Prism if they haven't been recovered in battle before (but there may be a bug where recovering IBB ships floating in space doesn't count). If you had it and then lost it, it's gone for good, although there's a config setting to change this.
If you don't want to savescum, mourn your loss like the end of Final Fantasy VII disc one and move on.

fastdino

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: October 13, 2020, 08:14:14 PM »

I've save-scummed and fought the last crusade bounty fleet at least 10 times, even reduced the number of ships in my fleet to 10 to increase my chances and get the caliph super dreadnought. I have had zero success, is this thing even able to be salvaged or I am I just getting the worse luck in the world right now? Does salvage chance have anything to do with the how big the ships are in my fleet or something? I've read online that the caliph is indeed able to be salvaged but after all my attempts I really don't know.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #790 on: October 13, 2020, 10:20:52 PM »

I've save-scummed and fought the last crusade bounty fleet at least 10 times, even reduced the number of ships in my fleet to 10 to increase my chances and get the caliph super dreadnought. I have had zero success, is this thing even able to be salvaged or I am I just getting the worse luck in the world right now? Does salvage chance have anything to do with the how big the ships are in my fleet or something? I've read online that the caliph is indeed able to be salvaged but after all my attempts I really don't know.
Caliph is from the HVB system of Vayra's Sector, not an IBB from SWP.

HVBs are claimed to be force-recoverable but this is currently bugged. You could just do addship vayra_caliph_revenant in console, if you want.

(Also make sure you have enough free space in your fleet; raise maxShipsInFleet in settings.json if needed)

Arcagnello

• Admiral
  • Arguably Heretical, Definetly Insane
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: October 14, 2020, 01:30:03 AM »

Question: do the Samsara and Karma Relic Cruisers come from this mod? I've virtually used them in either low tech or high tech setups in all my campaigns since I just love them to bits.

If they are from this mod, I just want to say that the Samsara may be just slightly too powerful with those wide, wide large weapon mount arcs. The fact they both have a 20 degree shield and can't modify it balanced both of them otherwise.

Edit: Samsara with double Storm Needler and an Assault Chaingun is an unholy terror to anything but the biggest, longest range capitals and I love it.
Arranging holidays in an embrace with the Starsector is priceless.
The therapist removed my F5 key.

Yubbin

• Lieutenant
  • i just play mods
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: October 14, 2020, 05:22:00 AM »

Question: do the Samsara and Karma Relic Cruisers come from this mod? I've virtually used them in either low tech or high tech setups in all my campaigns since I just love them to bits.
The Samsara, Karma, and all the other relic ships are from Tahlan Shipworks.

Arcagnello

• Admiral
  • Arguably Heretical, Definetly Insane
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: October 14, 2020, 05:43:54 AM »

The Samsara, Karma, and all the other relic ships are from Tahlan Shipworks.

Thank you kind sir!
Arranging holidays in an embrace with the Starsector is priceless.
The therapist removed my F5 key.

beyond247v

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: October 23, 2020, 04:23:46 PM »

Noob Question, but where do i get these ships? Im especially interested in the flying fortress ;-) Cant even see them in simulation.
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 85