Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 85

Author Topic: [0.97a] Ship/Weapon Pack 1.15.1  (Read 1108009 times)

iceball3

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Ship/Weapon Pack 1.10.5
« Reply #690 on: June 16, 2020, 03:25:06 AM »

Anyone try running dual/triple antimatter blasters on an arachne? they hit pretty hard for a weapon with 700 range with that hullmod :P

Mayu

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: June 19, 2020, 07:02:09 AM »

One of the best mods I tried so far. The additional ships really adds more variety to the game!

Also, Cathedral is my favorite and I tried to change its color scheme to make it more edgy and threatening.

Spoiler
[close]

Mondaymonkey

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: June 19, 2020, 07:10:46 AM »

One of the best mods I tried so far. The additional ships really adds more variety to the game!

Also, Cathedral is my favorite and I tried to change its color scheme to make it more edgy and threatening.

Spoiler
[close]

Cathedral is boring. Try a IBB recovered custom boss ships. Some are really fun to drive.
I dislike human beings... or I just do not know how to cook them well.

Yunru

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: July 02, 2020, 06:53:11 AM »

So... what does any of it do?
Hullmods especially, since ships fly and weapons go pew, but hullmods could do anything.

Mondaymonkey

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: July 02, 2020, 07:43:01 AM »

So... what does any of it do?
Hullmods especially, since ships fly and weapons go pew, but hullmods could do anything.

Mister, it do well, something...

1. First off all this is pack of vanilla-friendly, decent visual and fine balanced hulls. Some of them gives you really unique experience. From excelsior to cathedral. - enjoy them all. Also, those ships fitted into factions almost perfectly.

2. Couple of useful weapons and fighters. All vanilla-balanced. They not OP, but fill the niche empty in vanilla, so you probably would find them suit to your ships.

3. There are only three non-built-in hullmods, and they are no life changers. One increase projectiles speed and target leading, second gives you extra OP for constant risk of malfunctions, third gives you huge bonus to dissipation, but removes shield permanently.

4. Mod add IBB - custom bounty system. Mostly this is the way to obtain unique hulls if you manage to defeat them. Some of them are really fun to pilot.

Chikanuk

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: July 04, 2020, 03:43:33 AM »

Dunno about Cathedral... Its really tough, but have mediocre firepower. While cost alot of deploy points. Personally i use him as cargo\tanker ship for late late game, lol. It save me ship slots on important missions, have some firepower for dire situations and with right mods have decent upkeep and map speed (8 with speed hullmod).
Weapons are... okay, but i didnt use em very often. And its not about balance, its more about niches - for example EMP torpedos are ok for flux build and EMP, but in most situations cheap single reaper is just better in any way . Only thing what i use all the time - is flamer for SO ships. But its always good to have more options.

Except Lightning Gun - its really feels like this weapon are useless even if this is only mod installed.

Ships in over hand are great. And hullmods - on some ships they let me made really interesting combos. Like extra OP one made some light carriers to have big and expencive fighters. But in return they turn to be completely defenceless. Or with shield bypass on some *** pirate trashcans made then glass canons with top dps (and made cautious officers worth to hire) Great trades for early game, imho.

Mondaymonkey

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: July 06, 2020, 01:15:46 AM »

A question about Extreme modifications:

Does it actually do something <negative>?

I do not see any malfunctions. Is it need to be out of PPT? or low CR? Or is it because of skill, that decrease a chance of malfunctions?

Or can it be caused by other mods? Or is it just intended to be harmless while in PPT and 100% CR?

Thank you!

AxleMC131

• Admiral
  • Amateur World-Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: July 06, 2020, 02:08:04 AM »

It absolutely causes malfunctions - both weapon and engine failures, last I heard. If you aren't seeing them often, you've probably got a skill or something reducing the chance. If you aren't seeing ANY... something's not right.

(Bear in mind weapon malfunctions only have a chance of occuring while the weapon is firing, I can't recall if engines are the same with requiring active control inputs.)

Mondaymonkey

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: July 06, 2020, 02:14:10 AM »

Yes, I do have skills. Safety procedures and a Combat endurance. Both have influence on malfunctions. But both should decrease, not remove.

I will observe some more, currently see no malfunction at all.

EDIT: false alarm. I found mod caused that.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2020, 02:21:08 AM by Mondaymonkey »

AxleMC131

• Admiral
  • Amateur World-Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: July 07, 2020, 12:53:26 AM »

Might be worth reporting this to that mod's author.

Mondaymonkey

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: July 07, 2020, 07:29:06 AM »

Might be worth reporting this to that mod's author.

That would be easy. It is me... :-[

Few strings of random code were included by mistake... Did not feel something is wrong till try extreme modifications...

Lilly112

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: July 08, 2020, 11:22:39 AM »

I got a problem with this mod. It says ""Malformed JSON in remote version file at URL sc2mafia.com"

Seita

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: July 10, 2020, 11:10:12 AM »

Is there a way to disable the skins from the pack? I kind of like XIV ships to be exclusive & rare.

Mondaymonkey

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: July 10, 2020, 11:22:44 AM »

Is there a way to disable the skins from the pack? I kind of like XIV ships to be exclusive & rare.

There are a way. You should edit some files. Amount of files you need to edit is defined by what you think as "disable the skins". If you just wish to remove them from markets shops - edit faction files and set hullFrequency to 0 desired hulls. If you wish factions not to know that hull blueprint - you need to remove hulls from a same faction files in knownShips section plus you have to remove some tags in a ship_data.csv (that is lie. Skin files obey they own tags, so you should edit them instead.) from desired hulls, so they will not be in factions packs. Also, by removing tags you can exclude those ships from specific blueprints pack. Or even go to special_items.csv and erase whole blueprint packs!

However, if you do all of this - skins became unobtainable (if not rare_bp tagged). So...

Well...

Still wish to do this?
« Last Edit: July 10, 2020, 11:28:41 AM by Mondaymonkey »

Seita

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: July 10, 2020, 08:01:17 PM »

Ay thanks! I think I will at least try to locate the file and see if I'm up for it  ;D

EDIT: I think it worked. The reason I asked was because I always kind of treated XIV as rare ships. Seeing them in market makes me kind of sad. They are all great skins tho!
« Last Edit: July 10, 2020, 10:34:49 PM by Seita »
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 85