Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 85

Author Topic: [0.97a] Ship/Weapon Pack 1.15.1  (Read 1108023 times)

GigaVivian

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Ship/Weapon Pack 1.10.5
« Reply #630 on: January 14, 2020, 07:37:22 AM »

Hm any chance we could have another version of this mod with just the weapons; The before mentioned options only seems to deal with the boss ships and bounties.

Titann

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: January 16, 2020, 11:10:37 AM »

Would be that nice if arcade bosses appear in campaign for high bounty. Maybe drops some rare weapons for your ships or hullmods? Just an idea. There are many bosses but most of them are not used so it would be nice extra content for campaign
« Last Edit: January 16, 2020, 11:15:11 AM by tokmak333 »

Donahue

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: January 19, 2020, 04:17:22 AM »

Extreme Modification Hullmod shows 0% for flight dec refit time.  Is that just a UI bug?

Panpiper

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: January 21, 2020, 06:41:38 AM »

Newb question here. Where do I have to go, what do I have to do, for the best chances at a Vanguard?

Flix

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: January 21, 2020, 10:47:23 AM »

Newb question here. Where do I have to go, what do I have to do, for the best chances at a Vanguard?

Vanguard is a pretty common ship. You should have no trouble buying one from black markets. Just look at around at a few planets until you find one. You can also try capture them from fighting pirates.
It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose.

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #635 on: January 21, 2020, 09:34:24 PM »

Extreme Modification Hullmod shows 0% for flight dec refit time.  Is that just a UI bug?

Oops!  Yeah, that's a display bug.  It should say 30%.

RoquetheRogue

• Commander
  • personal text.
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: January 30, 2020, 08:22:23 PM »

Hello, is there a way to edit how often Mercury and Nautilus ships will spawn, I don't really fancy seeing them being used alongside with Low Tech ships on my faction, I think they would fit a lot better being exclusive to Tri-tachyon and blueprints despite them being common class ships, please help?
A mind that opens itself to a new idea never returns to it's original size.

AxleMC131

• Admiral
  • Amateur World-Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: January 30, 2020, 09:08:27 PM »

Hello, is there a way to edit how often Mercury and Nautilus ships will spawn, I don't really fancy seeing them being used alongside with Low Tech ships on my faction, I think they would fit a lot better being exclusive to Tri-tachyon and blueprints despite them being common class ships, please help?

You can mark ships as "Priority" ships in your faction doctrine. Just choose some small transports/freighters you prefer and mark them as a priority, and they should start outnumbering the high-tech ones.

(The Mercury is vanilla btw.)

RoquetheRogue

• Commander
  • personal text.
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: January 30, 2020, 09:19:25 PM »

You can mark ships as "Priority" ships in your faction doctrine. Just choose some small transports/freighters you prefer and mark them as a priority, and they should start outnumbering the high-tech ones.

(The Mercury is vanilla btw.)

I'm new to the game, I should have paid more attention to some things prior to modding I guess, but I'm not a total newb when it comes to modding, I did see some rarity things when looking around, but I didn't change anything, I just don't really like high-tech expensive ships around my early game ships and not even using the settings you mentioned works all the time, isn't there I way I can make them exclusive to the blueprint and TT?
A mind that opens itself to a new idea never returns to it's original size.

Broetchenholer

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: February 12, 2020, 06:00:06 AM »

Found a d-modded Zenith and made it mine. It seems to be a very powerful ship for all the enemies i currently face, being in the midgame and engaging mostly some cruisers + destroyers armies of pirates. The ship however seems to have trouble to make an impression on the battlefield. I've equipped it with 2 pirate beam lasers for 22 OP (not sure how they are called), 3 frontal PD lasers, 2 sabot pods, 2 salamanders at the sides and i think that's it. Bonus systems were the standard targeting core for cuisers and bigger as well as the system that specifically increases energy weapon range. In a simulation duel, the ship absolutely trashes eagles, falcons and Dominators, at least over time. I've put an aggressive commander in and thought it would be kill kill kill, but the fact that it's hard for it to pressure an enemy for a long time in a fleet battle seems to limit it's impact. it can't profit from other ships doing work for it as well, as the turrets are slow and it is slow itself. But at least it will absolutely not take any damage except when flanked. Any tipps on giving the ship more of a presence? I could replace the pd guns with ion or graviton beams, but i am really not sure that this is a good idea.

AxleMC131

• Admiral
  • Amateur World-Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: February 12, 2020, 08:55:51 PM »

Found a d-modded Zenith and made it mine...

What fighters are you using on it, out of interest? (The latest version of the Zenith has a fighter bay... right?)

If slow turret rotation is getting to you, take out Advanced Optics (it slows beams down) and perhaps even replace it with the Turret Gyros hullmod for even faster rotation. Alternatively you can try fitting some different large weapons - I'm not familiar with this "pirate beam laser", but the rest of the loadout looks... Well, not particularly punchy outside the Sabot pods, but it sounds solid. That said, beams + Sabots is an odd combination, keep in mind that the AI likes to keep a specific range from an enemy, based on the range of its main weapons, so the ship my be prioritizing using its missiles or beams at the expense of the other (the AI isn't very good at using a ship designed to do more than one thing).

Another note: A ship with primary beam weapons isn't often a ship that capitalizes on the efforts of other ships. Beams are generally support weapons (though not always (See: Tachyon Lance)), you might like to try something more punchy like Autopulse Lasers or equivalent. Alternatively, swap the Sabots for a more support-like missile and relegate the Zenith to that role.

TimeDiver

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: February 12, 2020, 09:50:08 PM »

In the 'Starsector Arcade' mission, if attempting to edit 'arcadeSetting.json' to use a .variant file for a ship with fighter wings, the game will CTD, unless the fighter wings are removed.

The error message, from starsector.log:
Code
4645236 [Thread-4] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils  - Loading JSON from [chatterConfig.json]
4645238 [Thread-4] INFO  org.histidine.chatter.ChatterDataManager  - Assigning character uaw_founder to officer
4645672 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.fs.starfarer.D.B.class$o.<init>(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.D.B.class.advanceImpl(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.o00OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.v.advanceImpl(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.D.B.F.advanceImpl(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.o00OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.v.advanceImpl(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatState.traverse(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Yeah, I know; but I really want to use a ship with Terminator drones in this (so I can ignore hostile fighter/missile threats).

Broetchenholer

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: February 13, 2020, 01:26:55 AM »

I am using a wing of 5 fighters with a light needler on one of them, really no plan how they are called. Posting only from work does not help :D In duels they deal with the enemy shields quite well, but it might be that actual fleet battles they are distracted or simply die from too much pd. The Sabots might be a poor choice for the AI, i really like them on my own ships and as this one had limited ways to disable shields, it seemed like the best choice. I migth have to fly the Zenith myself more often but i fear my Sunder will evaporate then all the time. Or maybe next battles will be better for it :)

AxleMC131

• Admiral
  • Amateur World-Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: February 13, 2020, 08:25:21 PM »

I am using a wing of 5 fighters with a light needler on one of them, really no plan how they are called.

Razor, I would guess. Pirate version of the Claw, added by Underworld. Don't be afraid to take time to learn the names of things, it'll make explaining it to would-be helpers much easier if we know what equipment you're talking about.

Starareo

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: February 22, 2020, 09:48:52 AM »

If I accidentally decline an IBB mission, will it show up again later?
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 85