Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 85

Author Topic: [0.97a] Ship/Weapon Pack 1.15.1  (Read 1108210 times)

Shad

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Ship/Weapon Pack 1.10.4
« Reply #540 on: September 13, 2019, 03:42:18 PM »

Just finished last IBB mission. Wow, what a ride. In my case the hardest bounty was not the last one though, it was El Psi. Had to hit and retreat with Odysseys until most of his fleet was gone, then finished him off. And Hot Potato was ridiculously fun!
El Psi is widely accepted as the hardest bounty (to do without major losses) due to the ability of the ship to melt your captitals in seconds. The final bounty by contrast is just "regular" (though stronger) capitals.

Tackywheat1

• Commander
  • Paragon is Perfection
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: September 13, 2019, 05:45:25 PM »

Just finished last IBB mission. Wow, what a ride. In my case the hardest bounty was not the last one though, it was El Psi. Had to hit and retreat with Odysseys until most of his fleet was gone, then finished him off. And Hot Potato was ridiculously fun!
El Psi is widely accepted as the hardest bounty (to do without major losses) due to the ability of the ship to melt your captitals in seconds. The final bounty by contrast is just "regular" (though stronger) capitals.

What........ I beat el psi on 1k battlesize while only losing 2 ships.... an Eos and a shrike.. and my fleet was only around 15 ships large

Hrothgar

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: September 14, 2019, 12:33:59 AM »

El Psi sporeship have giant Gungir-like cannons. If your ship cant handle flux and shields, they're doomed.

Shad

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: September 14, 2019, 01:37:17 AM »

What........ I beat el psi on 1k battlesize while only losing 2 ships.... an Eos and a shrike.. and my fleet was only around 15 ships large
Bigger battlesize is easier as:
1. IBB unique ships spawn over the regular deployment limits.
2. It's easier to focus firepower with more ships.

Sinosauropteryx

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: September 14, 2019, 03:02:21 AM »

Hi, I love this mod. I have a bug to report. Under some circumstances, Walls get extreme range.

https://youtu.be/906-BiTx620

As you can see from the video, the Wall's HVD has about 3000 range in the first test. I brought in a Conquest to compare, its HVDs are the normal 1600 with ITU. (Or slightly more with officer)

Then in the second test (1:30), I started with the Conquest and brought in the Wall as reinforcement. The Wall's range appears to be normal. It seems the Wall starting combat on the field gives it extreme range, but if it comes in from the bottom of the screen it has normal range. The same thing occurs if I join an ongoing battle (it gets extreme range) vs start a battle (normal range).

Tackywheat1

• Commander
  • Paragon is Perfection
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: September 14, 2019, 09:26:19 AM »

Bigger battlesize is easier as:
1. IBB unique ships spawn over the regular deployment limits.
2. It's easier to focus firepower with more ships.

oh that makes more sense.

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #546 on: September 14, 2019, 03:57:53 PM »

Hi, I love this mod. I have a bug to report. Under some circumstances, Walls get extreme range.

https://youtu.be/906-BiTx620

As you can see from the video, the Wall's HVD has about 3000 range in the first test. I brought in a Conquest to compare, its HVDs are the normal 1600 with ITU. (Or slightly more with officer)

Then in the second test (1:30), I started with the Conquest and brought in the Wall as reinforcement. The Wall's range appears to be normal. It seems the Wall starting combat on the field gives it extreme range, but if it comes in from the bottom of the screen it has normal range. The same thing occurs if I join an ongoing battle (it gets extreme range) vs start a battle (normal range).

Ruthless Sector.

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: September 14, 2019, 06:17:55 PM »

@Sinosauropteryx: Sorry about the trouble. The extreme ranges in the spore fight are something I need to fix. Ruthless sector doubles the range of all domain drones in a way that is only intended for fights against their faction, and causes the spore bounty fight to be far more difficult than it should be. The range increase can be changed by editing rangeMultForAutomatedDefenses in RUTHLESS_SECTOR_OPTIONS.ini. A far better solution is in the works, so I'll be removing the range bonus soon.

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #548 on: September 14, 2019, 06:27:33 PM »

@Sinosauropteryx: Sorry about the trouble. The extreme ranges in the spore fight are something I need to fix. Ruthless sector doubles the range of all domain drones in a way that is only intended for fights against their faction, and causes the spore bounty fight to be far more difficult than it should be. The range increase can be changed by editing rangeMultForAutomatedDefenses in RUTHLESS_SECTOR_OPTIONS.ini. A far better solution is in the works, so I'll be removing the range bonus soon.

Nice!

Ced23Ric

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: September 14, 2019, 10:23:15 PM »

Gonna make a drive-by post here. Out of all ships in the IBB rewards, the only one I kept throughout the entire game for its absolutely stellar performance, reliability and flat-out superior design to anything else, without question, is the Fang. What a brilliant ship. Thanks so much for this. I named mine after a friend that doesn't even play Starsector, and even they cheer it on when I send it into some wacky six invasion fleet fight.

Sinosauropteryx

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: September 15, 2019, 02:29:33 AM »

The range increase can be changed by editing rangeMultForAutomatedDefenses in RUTHLESS_SECTOR_OPTIONS.ini.
Thanks for your help!

captinjoehenry

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: September 16, 2019, 09:36:06 AM »

How do I start the IBB missions?  I installed this mod part way through a play through as I forgot it when I started.

Also what exactly does Extreme Modification do?  Does it increase malfunction chance at low CR?  Or does it mean I have malfunction chance at any CR?  As when I'm running simulations after the refit I'm not seeing any malfunctions happen so I don't know what it actually does.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2019, 09:49:23 AM by captinjoehenry »

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: September 16, 2019, 10:00:23 AM »

You can find IBB mission encounters in most bars. Look for a person with bodyguards.
Extreme Modification cause non-critical malfunctions at any time, randomly. IIRC it's something like 2% chance every second, but I'm not sure. It can be useful, if you really need that extra OP, but it comes at a price.

Sinosauropteryx

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: September 19, 2019, 10:32:31 AM »

Retreating with a Cathedral apparently does not trigger it as "retreated," maybe the modules are still considered on the battlefield? The bay modules' fighters stick around, and if the enemy retreats with its last Cathedral there is no way to end the battle outside of a full retreat. If I full retreat after deploying a Cathedral, I'm soft locked. (I've also got Nex and Ruthless Sector running, I don't know if they could be the cause.)

https://youtu.be/lb6dmYTAyxk

Unrelated: Love the Cathedral, don't know what all the talk about it being underpowered is based on. The thing is a monster!

e

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: September 19, 2019, 11:05:10 AM »

Retreating with a Cathedral apparently does not trigger it as "retreated," maybe the modules are still considered on the battlefield? The bay modules' fighters stick around, and if the enemy retreats with its last Cathedral there is no way to end the battle outside of a full retreat. If I full retreat after deploying a Cathedral, I'm soft locked. (I've also got Nex and Ruthless Sector running, I don't know if they could be the cause.)

I can confirm this issue as well as i have encountered it once where an enemy with a cathedral as it's last ship would retreat successfully but the battle would not end. Didn't mention this before because i didn't remember as i only had this happen once ever.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2019, 11:11:56 AM by DarkOmegaMK2 »
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 85