Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 85

Author Topic: [0.97a] Ship/Weapon Pack 1.15.1  (Read 1108796 times)

Titann

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Ship/Weapon Pack 1.10.2
« Reply #480 on: July 03, 2019, 09:40:52 AM »

Yeah most modded ships have very good arcs it seems like they all created to fight paragon. However if you take look at any of them, they don't have a weapon similar to Klutotekhnes. Like i said that weapon burns up even strongest armor like its nothing. Victory itself is completely fine ship i agree that once you get behind it, its nothing but piece of debris. Afaik even Paragon can't destroy  lets say Eagle within 10 second.

Just saying Klutotekhnes have too much fire power for 900 range/explosive weapon, maybe it doesnt for most people but im just saying that i think none of the battleships should take out cruisers in 10 second especially High Tier(not tech) cruisers at Max Range.

If i compare TPC with Klutotekhnes, TPC will be like baby weapon because Unlike TPC you get 15 ammo every 5 second on both Klutotekhnes. Is there any modded built-in forward weapon similar to Klutotekhnes?

lethargie

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: July 03, 2019, 12:53:55 PM »

Just out of curiousity, could you post the specific stats of the klutotekhnes? I dont have  them close by, it might be OP even thought i dont remember it so.

As for destroying a eagle in 10 sec with paragon, you can definitely do it with weapons from mod. 4 Plasma cannon will do it. I know Dassault miyokan got some ridiculous Energy/fragmentation burst beam that would erase it too. Ultimately, its a bit beside the points.

Titann

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: July 03, 2019, 01:28:35 PM »

How efficient is 4 plasma cannon though? Victory is super efficient with the loadout i have. A ship that can do everything better than any ship is big problem for balance

https://ibb.co/T1g6hv2

eidolad

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: July 03, 2019, 05:41:12 PM »

To me the Victory special salvo is comparable to the Onslaught's...both are dangerous but I think the Victory is the substantially better ship of the two for my personal piloting.

It is the combination of that "Maximum Drive" dash forward and the Klutos...makes the ship a top tier cruiser killer.  I even wrote a poem about the ship :).  It's basically the perfect linebacker for an end-game fleet.

However even if we removed the Klutos and let the player replace them with comparably pointed weapons we'd have the same effect.

Like putting pairs of HVD/Heavy Maulers on a Diable Avionics cruisers that can "flicker drive" towards their enemies and pour fire.  Just completely OUCH.

lethargie

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: July 03, 2019, 08:47:13 PM »

Might be a problem with the victory, but the kluthotekhness aren't anything special. Its sustained damage capacity are less than the Hephaestus, a really common large ballistic. Its got a nice burst, but its got poor penetration , bad accuracy and mediocre sustained damage

Plasma cannon are actually quite efficient in the current version. And while I might agree that the victory is a bit overtuned I would never agree to say that it can do everything better. Its slow as molass for turning,  has a very narrow full damage angle, and has very very poor back and side defenses. It perform really poorly if your are in inferior number. Because of its shape (large weapon are far on the back) it does not have super great range either.

You might have gotten used to your officer/personal skills too. Your setup on a officer less victory is not exactly impressive in the simulator even if it works.

Edit: Rereading, i realize I might come out a little hard as defending a mod I don't even maintain. I think the mod creator will enjoy your feedback. But I have played  with SWP for at least 2 years, and the victory has remained pretty much unchanged for as long. It had a very long period to get balanced and I enjoy it very much right now.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2019, 04:51:15 AM by lethargie »

joppe_k

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: July 04, 2019, 04:50:42 AM »

I mean, the Victory is strong if played to its strength, but what ship isn't? It shines in a 1v1 or with its flanks protected by a fleet, so that it is free to burn in and crush whatever is in front of it. It's like a battering ram in a siege. Its drawback is that it's easy to flank. All in all, I think it's a well balanced battleship.

Titann

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: July 04, 2019, 11:36:09 AM »

Victory is fine ship but i still think Klutotekhnes is little too strong. 900 range, very fast fire rate, adds 15 ammo every 5 second, explosive ammo. Seems too much.

ANGRYABOUTELVES

• Admiral
  • AE ALTADOON GHARTOK PADHOME
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: July 04, 2019, 12:30:31 PM »

In a 1v1 straight up manfight, the Victory is nearly unbeatable. It has incredible forward firepower; 2 larges, 6 mediums, and 2 built-in heavy burst DPS weapons. That's its job, that's its name; it is victorious. The Victory falters when it can't do that. Unlike the Onslaught, the Victory's anti-flanking weaponry is also its forward weaponry; the Victory has to split its firepower to deal with the flanker, where the Onslaught has dedicated side weaponry independent of its forward battery. The Victory has a terrible shield arc, only capable of defending against threats directly in front of it; the Onslaught's shield is 180 degrees and can at least catch incoming threats from slightly to the left or right.

The Onslaught is built to take on unfair fights and win. The Victory falters in an unfair fight. The Victory is severely vulnerable to EMP or HE flankers, bomber strikes from the side, and 2v1s in general. And the Victory's high DP cost (55!) means that you will be outnumbered. As a player, you can reliably avoid putting yourself in situations where the Victory's weaknesses are crippling, build the rest of your fleet around the Victory's weaknesses and strengths, and engage in a series of 1v1s with lesser ships that the Victory can chew up and spit out. This is a very powerful strategy, but ultimately so are many other endgame fleet-level strategies.

Vayra

• Admiral
  • jangala delenda est
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: July 04, 2019, 12:37:22 PM »

the most recent AI Fleet Building Tournament showcased the Victory quite well, I thought. Both its weaknesses (folding very quickly early on, when it was deployed without enough backup) and its strengths (doing a ton of work against enemy fleets later on, once its attendant fleet had been bulked up substantially enough to cover it properly)

in summary, ship is fine
Kadur Remnant: http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=6649
Vayra's Sector: http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=16058
Vayra's Ship Pack: http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=16059

im gonna push jangala into the sun i swear to god im gonna do it

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
[0.9.1a] Ship/Weapon Pack 1.10.3
« Reply #489 on: July 12, 2019, 01:59:39 PM »

Maintenance update!

Download Ship/Weapon Pack 1.10.3
Download Mirror
(Requires LazyLib 2.4e)
(Requires GraphicsLib 1.4.0)

- Supported by DynaSector 1.4.6 (Not yet compatible) -
- Supported by Nexerelin 0.9.2c (Updated!) -

Git Repository

Edit SWP_OPTIONS.ini to enable or disable Ship/Weapon Pack features!

We recommend Version Checker to notify you when an update is ready.

Having problems?  Visit the Mod Troubleshooting Guide!

Change Log
Version 1.10.3
- Fixed Extreme Modifications UI issue
- Fixed bizarre Arcade crash.  WTF Alex?
- Updated Yamato IBB
- Maybe fixed possible edge case that might have resulted in an IBB not being recoverable?
- Added Imperium-flavored Excelsior for a new IBB bounty, ft. HELMUT

Asauski

• Ensign
  • I'm fluent in google translate
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Ship/Weapon Pack 1.10.3
« Reply #490 on: July 14, 2019, 03:12:42 PM »

Phase boss ships fires continuous lasers even in phase

Spoiler

[close]

ANGRYABOUTELVES

• Admiral
  • AE ALTADOON GHARTOK PADHOME
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: July 14, 2019, 07:06:18 PM »

That is correct, the IBB phase ships are intended to be able to fire continuous beams while in phase, as long as they started firing the beam while out of phase. The IBB Shade can also activate its EMP system, then activate phase and have the EMP system continue to work.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2019, 07:09:14 PM by ANGRYABOUTELVES »

Murtagh21

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: July 21, 2019, 11:11:17 AM »

I updated to the latest version midgame and noticed all my IBB have stop spawning. Will it just take some time and they will come back or did I bork it?

Sinigr

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: July 24, 2019, 09:09:55 AM »

Titan-X (Hot Potato) is unrecoverable?
"officerMaxLevel":29,
"officerAIMax":36,
"maxOfficersInAIFleet":36
"tier1StationOfficerLevel":29,
"tier2StationOfficerLevel":29,
"tier3StationOfficerLevel":29,