Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 85

Author Topic: [0.97a] Ship/Weapon Pack 1.15.1  (Read 1109066 times)

Hrothgar

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9a] Ship/Weapon Pack 1.10.0
« Reply #420 on: March 13, 2019, 06:00:24 AM »

Excelsior can be something similar to obtain like Blade Breakers ships. There are (very few) ships like their Stealth carrier or cruiser scattered in Blade Breaker systems. Basically one ship per game of each kind. Mayby make it  like this, hidden in some high-lvl danger remnant system.

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: March 13, 2019, 09:09:29 AM »

...Have you actually tried to fly the Excelsior yourself, or are you judging it based on watching HELMUT's videos?

I ask, because I have tried flying it myself, and I find that it's just not worth it; the ship is incredibly unforgiving of even small mistakes, and accomplishing things like HELMUT's solo battlestation kills requires many, many attempts - and that's once you've gotten skilled enough to even give it a serious go.

So that's my advice: if you think the Excelsior is implausibly overpowered, give it a try.  Personally, I'd rather be flying just about any other premium-quality ship: Tempest.  Hyperion.  Aurora.  All of them are better for me than the unwieldy Excelsior.
Wyvern is 100% correct about the math.

Grizzlyadamz

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: March 13, 2019, 10:47:16 AM »

Your ship will having a random non-critical malfunction with Extreme Modification hullmod. It is like when you're at low CR.
Yes but my question was
how significant of a chance is 'significant'?
Is it the same exact chance as being low-CR or is it some other value like 10%/10s?

Vayra

• Admiral
  • jangala delenda est
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: March 13, 2019, 04:01:02 PM »

You have done a fantastic job with this mod. Congrats!

The mod is also well balanced and not over the top, without cheesy stuff.

- with one exception though -

The Excelsior Corvette. It has completely immersion breaking capabilities in my opinion because they are implausible and overpowered.
I would only continue to play and consider to recommend the mod if this ship was disabled by default. Making it only possible to disable it via config would make a recommendation appear too cumbersome.

if you wanna talk *** about the Excelsior you have to post a video of you killing something impressive with it them's the rules
Kadur Remnant: http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=6649
Vayra's Sector: http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=16058
Vayra's Ship Pack: http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=16059

im gonna push jangala into the sun i swear to god im gonna do it

Surge

• Captain
  • Go big or go home.
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: March 13, 2019, 04:05:45 PM »

The thing about the excelsior is that it's functionally an easter egg. Never in a million godamn years will the AI push an Excelsior to its fullest potential, hell it's up for debate if even HELMUT pushes the thing as far as it can go. In the hands of the AI the Excelsior is a threatening but far from game breaking super frigate, when in the hands of a player it's a challenge to see how far you can take a ship with no limits but CR. If you think it makes the game too easy well congratulations on being the best Starsector player in the world, fly something else. Let the Excelsior waste its potential and its life against your fleet and leave the husk behind.

MesoTroniK

• Admiral
  • I am going to destroy your ships
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: March 13, 2019, 08:16:04 PM »

The Excelsior has a higher skill floor *and* ceiling than anything else in the entire game including all of the Modiverse.

Talk is cheap, very few players can do with it what Helmut shows and even the things you see him do? He has died many times and in essence cherry picks what videos he actually shows :)
« Last Edit: March 13, 2019, 08:22:04 PM by MesoTroniK »

AxleMC131

• Admiral
  • Amateur World-Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: March 13, 2019, 10:14:54 PM »

Your ship will having a random non-critical malfunction with Extreme Modification hullmod. It is like when you're at low CR.
Yes but my question was
how significant of a chance is 'significant'?
Is it the same exact chance as being low-CR or is it some other value like 10%/10s?

Heh, sorry I was suggesting you equip it and find out for yourself via first-hand experience. XD

Regardless, the game takes malfunction chances as a float (decimal) from 0 to 1, representing a percentage chance for a malfunction to occur between 0% and 100%. Apparently these checks are made, on average, once per second, so a value of "0.02" as in Extreme Modifications means a chance of 2% every second (for each of weapons and engines, not both together). That means on average, every 50 seconds you'll receive a weapon and engine malfunction.

Grizzlyadamz

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: March 14, 2019, 10:40:26 AM »

FreedomFighter

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: March 15, 2019, 06:29:23 AM »

Just beware about using EM on any ship with a single engine. If it roll on the engine then your ship just flameout helplessly. It is pretty dangerous to use with Scy ship since a lot of them are single engine. Also, the EM malfunction follows the same rule as vanilla malfunction. iirc, if you have only 1 operational weapon on your ship, it will never roll malfunction on it (or skip it, am not sure). You can exploit the EM for one thing, malfunction will reset weapon cooldown the moment it repaired.

Cruis.In

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: April 07, 2019, 01:01:21 PM »

where can I get an old version? I forgot to do a save transfer before updating starsector to 0.9. Now I need to find old versions of the mods to reinstall on the 0.8.1.a version of starsector I was using so I can load my save game, copy it, then create a new saved game compatible with 0.9.

I didn't have the original mod files. So I need this, I got nexorilin, and the others are not updated to 0.9 anyway, graphicslib and those were updated but I don't think those will matter in loading the saved games, since they are compatible going forward

Nia Tahl

• Admiral
  • AI in disguise
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: April 07, 2019, 01:26:26 PM »

You can't transfer a save from 0.8 to 0.9 due to all the massive changes between versions.
My mods: Tahlan Shipworks - ScalarTech Solutions - Trailer Moments
It's all in the presentation

Cruis.In

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: April 07, 2019, 06:42:51 PM »

ok, but where can I get a previous version of this from?

Grizzlyadamz

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: April 07, 2019, 08:33:19 PM »

Look at the download URL & compare it against the previous versions in the OP's change log.
https://bitbucket.org/modmafia/ship-weapon-pack/downloads/Ship%20and%20Weapon%20Pack%201.10.0.7z
If you sub out the last part of that url (you'll notice the file is named after the version number) for the # of the specific version you're looking for, it might work.

So instead of 201.10.0.7z it would be 201.9.1.7z or what have you.

Embercloud

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: April 16, 2019, 03:09:47 AM »

Is the hectate shield still bugged while retreating?

Since the secondary shield is, in technical terms, another ship slapped on top of the actual hectate, when you retreat one of the ships sticks around and the battle goes on forever even though you don't have any ships in the battlespace.

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: April 16, 2019, 11:18:03 AM »

This is a vanilla bug with how modules work, which will be fixed whenever 0.9.1 drops.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 85