Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 85

Author Topic: [0.97a] Ship/Weapon Pack 1.15.1  (Read 1108434 times)

solardawning

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9a] Ship/Weapon Pack 1.10.0
« Reply #390 on: February 18, 2019, 03:53:17 PM »

The Cathedral Hubship isn't able to appear in the game by any means in normal gameplay.
This is because the Luddic Church has no planets with Heavy Industry, so they only get access to the generic cross-faction import ships. Thus... their biggest raid fleets are just jammed with d-mod Dominators.

This would only not be the case when you have another mod active giving the Luddic Church a world with Heavy Industry.

Would you consider making an IBB mission with a salvageable Cathedral, so that non-Nexerelin players can see the Cathedral, too?

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #391 on: February 18, 2019, 05:00:25 PM »

The Cathedral actually is on the import list.  Gilead can spawn it occasionally, and it's certainly for sale.  It is, however, still quite a rare ship.

solardawning

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: February 18, 2019, 05:22:20 PM »

You sure about that? I was under the impression that they can't import it unless a faction with Heavy Industry knows the blueprint to import from.

I've put a few hundred hours of play in with your mod enabled and have never seen a Cathedral appear, whether in bounty fleets, raid fleets, system defense fleets, or shop on any Luddic Church world.
Are you absolutely certain you're not only seeing it with a mod enabled like Nex that could give them or another faction with the blueprint access to a Heavy Industry world?

I'll try upping the rarity to make it common, make sure it's in their preferred ship list, and get back to you.

solardawning

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: February 18, 2019, 06:17:25 PM »

Test complete:

I was able to get a Cathedral to spawn in defense fleets around Gilead... by editing my save to add the blueprint to the Hegemony's known ships list, and then flying around the core world for a few game months so that traders had time to export Cathedral ship hulls from the Hegemony to the Luddic Church.

Now they appear in every Luddic Church fleet large enough to have a capital.
This is easy to test, because otherwise the church had no available capital size battleships whatsoever- which is why their fleets were always jammed with Dominators. It was the largest ship they could import.

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #394 on: February 18, 2019, 09:29:10 PM »

The cathedral, prior to 1.10.0, couldn't spawn.  This was intentional.

In 1.10.0, I added it to the list of ships that spawn when the faction is importing ships.  There is no "exporting hulls" mechanic regarding blueprints and the like; adding it to the Hegemony lists won't affect how the Luddic Church spawns ships.  I tested myself - it will spawn, just infrequently, because LC fleets large enough to have capital ships are quite rare.

solardawning

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: February 18, 2019, 09:33:37 PM »

OK, thanks for the clarification. In that case; thanks for adding it. It's a very fun ship.

Julzjuice

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: February 19, 2019, 05:37:48 PM »

Hey Dark!

Thanks for your awesome ship packs as always but I think that the new version of the mod breaks the game? Can anybody else confirms they are having a crash at the loading screen since updating to the latest version?

This is what the crash log reports:

14452 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore  - Ship system [swp_fluxdisturber] not found in ship_systems.csv
14467 [Thread-7] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.scripts.ScriptStore  - Compiling script [data.scripts.shipsystems.SWP_FluxDisturberStats]
14564 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.RuntimeException: Fatal: ship_systems.csv is missing systems
java.lang.RuntimeException: Fatal: ship_systems.csv is missing systems
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore.ÖO0000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore.while(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.ResourceLoaderState.init(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Correct me if I'm wrong but the swp_xxxxx files are from your mod, correct?

Julzjuice

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: February 19, 2019, 05:41:56 PM »

Hey Dark!

Thanks for your awesome ship packs as always but I think that the new version of the mod breaks the game? Can anybody else confirms they are having a crash at the loading screen since updating to the latest version?

This is what the crash log reports:

14452 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore  - Ship system [swp_fluxdisturber] not found in ship_systems.csv
14467 [Thread-7] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.scripts.ScriptStore  - Compiling script [data.scripts.shipsystems.SWP_FluxDisturberStats]
14564 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.RuntimeException: Fatal: ship_systems.csv is missing systems
java.lang.RuntimeException: Fatal: ship_systems.csv is missing systems
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore.ÖO0000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore.while(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.ResourceLoaderState.init(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Correct me if I'm wrong but the swp_xxxxx files are from your mod, correct?

Disregard my post.

Completely deleting the mod is needed with this new version. You cant just copy and replace the files if this can help anyone having the same issue!

AxleMC131

• Admiral
  • Amateur World-Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: February 19, 2019, 09:13:56 PM »

Completely deleting the mod is needed with this new version. You cant just copy and replace the files...

Hint: This should be standard procedure for every time you update a mod. ;) Not just specific versions.

StahnAileron

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: February 28, 2019, 09:23:22 PM »

Are there any prerequisites to triggering IBB missions other than fleet size and completing IBB missions in general? I hit up the first few missions, but have yet to see anything pop up past the unique combat freighters. My fleet is sizeable (several capitals); I have colonies established. I've been itching to nab the late mission unique capitals.

My game install is also heavily modded. If you could tell me what the specific conditions IBB looks for are, I should (hopefully) be able to figure out why I haven't seen an IBB mission in ages. (The first two showed up easy enough. The third one showed up once I expanded my fleet. And I think it stopped around there.)

Shad

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: March 01, 2019, 01:04:08 AM »

IBB misions are more or less sequential. You get easy ones first, then harder ones. Just keep coming back Prism Freeport for new ones.

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #401 on: March 01, 2019, 02:41:54 AM »

They appear on specific factions’ markets, for lore reasons.  They actually tell you the list when you take the first mission.

Hrothgar

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: March 01, 2019, 08:19:59 AM »

Can someone put this list of markets here?

Shad

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: March 01, 2019, 09:42:53 AM »

I will once again repeat that if you have Prism Freeport on the map, you should be able to get every single IBB mission avaliable there (one at a time).

StahnAileron

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: March 01, 2019, 01:07:40 PM »

Huh... I hit up Prism several times recently and didn't see anything... Will have to check again.

As for being faction-specific otherwise: That sounds familiar now that you mention it. I do recall it seeming like that back in the mid-0.8.x era when I first started playing SS with mods.

Thanks for the replies!

EDIT: Okay, I see it now. Dunno why the Independent colonies aren't as forthcoming with the IBB missions, but apparently I need to hit up Hegemony and Persean League colonies as well to have a chance at the IBB mission posts. Both of them have been a tad pissy with me as of late (gotta love the diplomacy RNG), so I've been avoiding them. (AI Inspection fleets haven't been helping either...)

That explains everything now.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2019, 04:10:40 PM by StahnAileron »
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 85