Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 85

Author Topic: [0.97a] Ship/Weapon Pack 1.15.1  (Read 1108368 times)

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
Re: [0.7.2a] Ship/Weapon Pack 1.1.0
« Reply #45 on: May 26, 2016, 08:51:16 AM »

Adjust your monitor's color calibration; the XIV sunder definitely has a pair of orange stripes while the rest is a darker off-gray.

Kevin Flemming

• Commander
  • So say we all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 26, 2016, 09:39:30 AM »

Adjust your monitor's color calibration; the XIV sunder definitely has a pair of orange stripes while the rest is a darker off-gray.

Huh? I didn't say it had no stripes. ???

Perhaps it's just that particular layout. As you probably already know, colours can "change" depending on what shades they are used against. Red amongst white looks different than red amongst black, for instance. It's your... well, my... eyes playing tricks.

The newer striped design is definitely an improvement though. When you put the Hammerhead next to the Sunder, you can see the difference greatly (someone else try this, so I don't look mad or like I'm being an arse lol). It's the more-defined lines and the original ship colour that "pokes" through and makes the striping "pop". Get what I mean?

Just thought I'd offer my opinion is all. ;)

EDIT: Okay, this kind of explains it a little better. The two red circles show the difference in lines and seeing both side by side, you can see how much "darker" the Sunder looks in comparison due to the lack of lighter hull colour. And the orange striping is definitely a shade darker than on the Hammerhead.

Spoiler
[close]

Yeah, it's minor. I know that and it might not ever change. But as I said, I can't help but notice these things. I mean no disrespect or anything, so don't feel like I'm being overly critical. I love the ship sprites lol. I see some "cleaning-up" potential, is all. ;D
« Last Edit: May 26, 2016, 10:05:56 AM by Kevin Flemming »

Kitfox88

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 26, 2016, 10:23:57 AM »

How do you actually spawn in the XIV mod ships using the command line? I know it's a hullmod and not an actual hull itself but I can't quite figure it out. Sorry for the trouble orz

Type "addship NAME_xiv" (without the quotation marks, of course).

For instance, to gain the Conquest XIV, type "addship conquest_xiv" into the console. For a Hammerhead XIV, replace "conquest" with "hammerhead" and so on. ;D

Thanks a ton!

Kevin Flemming

• Commander
  • So say we all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 26, 2016, 02:12:10 PM »

Thanks a ton!

You're welcome, mate. ;)

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 26, 2016, 02:27:08 PM »

I've been playing quite a bit lately, and I have to say I really love the balance on the Vanguard. Not too strong, not too weak, but a nice light destroyer that can pack a punch. Well done!

(I know this is very late to the party: I finally upgraded my computer a few weeks ago, so have been playing with all of these mods that I couldn't before.)

Kitfox88

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 17, 2016, 09:48:22 AM »

I hope someday we get an XIV Victory. pew pew.

GNGSTRpenguin

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 03, 2016, 10:56:46 PM »

Turret cover crash!  (NullPointerException)
This problem is caused by a mod that has incorrectly-configured turret cover sprites interfacing with GraphicsLib's lighting engine.  You can fix this by updating Starsector to the latest version: 0.7.2_RC3.  Make sure that your version is exactly 0.7.2_RC3.  RC2 will not work.

So i read that in the mod trouble shooting guid, the only problem is that i am on RC3 but as soon as i enable this mod with all the other supported mods it gives me the fatal null crash. Is the ship/weapon pack working for others?

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #52 on: July 03, 2016, 11:08:35 PM »

It's impossible for SWP to cause that crash because the only hull style it adds has turret covers defined:

Code
        "slotCoverSmallTurret":"graphics/weapons/covers/cover_turret_hightech_small.png",
        "slotCoverSmallHardpoint":"graphics/weapons/covers/cover_hardpoint_hightech_small.png",
        "slotCoverMediumTurret":"graphics/weapons/covers/cover_turret_hightech_medium.png",
        "slotCoverMediumHardpoint":"graphics/weapons/covers/cover_hardpoint_hightech_medium.png",
        "slotCoverLargeTurret":"graphics/weapons/covers/cover_turret_hightech_large.png",
        "slotCoverLargeHardpoint":"graphics/weapons/covers/cover_hardpoint_hightech_large.png"

Are you sure that it's actually a turret cover crash?  When does it happen?  What is the stack trace in starsector.log? (It's impossible to tell what a nullpointerexception is unless you check the stack trace.)

GNGSTRpenguin

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 03, 2016, 11:47:02 PM »

It's impossible for SWP to cause that crash because the only hull style it adds has turret covers defined:

Code
        "slotCoverSmallTurret":"graphics/weapons/covers/cover_turret_hightech_small.png",
        "slotCoverSmallHardpoint":"graphics/weapons/covers/cover_hardpoint_hightech_small.png",
        "slotCoverMediumTurret":"graphics/weapons/covers/cover_turret_hightech_medium.png",
        "slotCoverMediumHardpoint":"graphics/weapons/covers/cover_hardpoint_hightech_medium.png",
        "slotCoverLargeTurret":"graphics/weapons/covers/cover_turret_hightech_large.png",
        "slotCoverLargeHardpoint":"graphics/weapons/covers/cover_hardpoint_hightech_large.png"

the crash happens even before i see the menu screen right after its done loading, and im not sure where to go to find this starsector.log im looking in the folder but im not finding something log related
Are you sure that it's actually a turret cover crash?  When does it happen?  What is the stack trace in starsector.log? (It's impossible to tell what a nullpointerexception is unless you check the stack trace.)

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #54 on: July 04, 2016, 01:47:47 AM »

Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\starsector.log

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 03, 2016, 07:12:36 PM »

Quick question for people: What is your preferred Alastor loadout?

I ask because I'm attempting to use one and... well... it seems like its utter trash. But other people seem to like it? Whenever I play against them I feel that they are just quick kill cannon fodder, and now that I'm using one my mind hasn't really changed.

borgrel

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 04, 2016, 07:16:22 AM »

i choose an alastor over a lasher .......
2 needlers, 1 harpoon mrm (or thunderbolts or rage if u want more shots) and either 3 PD or 2PD and an IR pulse laser (or tactical laser)

but wolf, manta and undine are prefered

and of course scarab is king frigate

at least alaster can catch a frigate thats disengaging to vent, a big plus over a lasher!
(also its a hell decent frigate for an AI ..... I lose fewer AI frigates that are alasters than anything other than undines!)
(AI's live in them through battle after battle even better than in the templar's frigate ..... and u always need to deploy 1 or 2 frigates as point capturers .....)
(for AI's change the harpoons to something longer lasting like salamander, darts, scalaron, swarmers or annihilators)
« Last Edit: September 04, 2016, 07:25:00 AM by borgrel »

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #57 on: September 06, 2016, 05:16:48 PM »

I find 2x Railgun, one suitably general purpose missile rack (Harpoon, Javelin, Hornet, maybe Atropos) and filling the energy mounts with (Burst) PD Lasers or Tac Lasers works well as a frigate duelist and support ship that the AI can be trusted with. For human piloting, an AM Blaster on the front might be good for some added punch against armored targets.

Phearlock

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 06, 2016, 06:22:30 PM »

I feel the Alastors are bit overpriced, but good frigates. Some Kinetics with a bit of range (railgun, needler, shard gun etc) in the ballistics with a tac laser or two makes the AI stay alive in them pretty well. I don't like flying them that much myself as I feel I can do more in an UI-SO Lasher even with the super-short peak performance time.

For its price I think it could have a tiny bit more OP or armor, but overall it's a very balanced frigate.

momerathe

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 17, 2016, 03:34:11 AM »

I can't seem to extract the archive. I get the message that a bunch of the sound files are corrupted. I'm using the latest version of "The Unarchiver"
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 85