Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 85

Author Topic: [0.97a] Ship/Weapon Pack 1.15.1  (Read 1108236 times)

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
  • Your Friendly Forum Friend
    • View Profile
Re: [0.7.2a] Ship/Weapon Pack 1.0.2
« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2016, 08:16:02 PM »

I got some BAAADDDD news Dark.revenant, the crash monster is still affecting my sector generation. It looks like it's crashing cause it's trying to find the mod hull for what used to be the HQ ship hull. Gonna need to find the .log file before confirming this however...
Disable the Nazi mod and maybe you won't get the error again
Help out MesoTroniK, a modder in need

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too

King Alfonzo

• Admiral
  • -- D O C T O R --
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2016, 08:52:22 PM »

If you want to keep NGO, then run BOTH Dynasector and SS+ 3.5 with this mod. Then, you'll hve to do some alterations to the NGO mod folder:

-Go to New galactic Order 1.04 -> data -> hulls
-Open ngo_battlefreighter.ship with notepad
-Find the 'built in hullmods' bit, and delete "mobile_headquarters".
-Save
-Run the game again

This, combined with running the new (emphasis, new) 3.5 along with dynasector enables NGO playability.

NightKev

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 18, 2016, 04:41:47 AM »

Doesn't the updated SS+ still have the hullmods/skills in it?

Diamondgolem16

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 18, 2016, 04:07:33 PM »

Thank you king! I will see if this works now!  :D

King Alfonzo

• Admiral
  • -- D O C T O R --
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 18, 2016, 04:51:26 PM »

The mobile headquarters one was removed by Rev because it was too OP.

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
  • Your Friendly Forum Friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 18, 2016, 08:05:06 PM »

The mobile headquarters one was removed by Rev because it was too OP.
Actually it was broken. Not OP broken but buggy and broken
Help out MesoTroniK, a modder in need

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too

braven25

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 20, 2016, 12:38:27 AM »

Quick Question, is this well balanced or is they a lot of Overpowerd stuff in here?

CaptainWinky

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 20, 2016, 04:29:18 AM »

Quick Question, is this well balanced or is they a lot of Overpowerd stuff in here?

This mod fits very well with vanilla ships and weapons IMO.  I sometimes forget that some of this stuff isn't from vanilla.  Probably the most "OP" thing you will come up against is a Luddic Church Cathedral ship, but even those aren't much more dangerous than existing capital ships and will go down fast once you rally your fleet to concentrate fire on them.

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 20, 2016, 09:18:10 AM »

Yup! Although one thing to consider is that, as the mod fills some niches missing in the base game, it can feel like things are more powerful because you can often find 'the right tool for the job'.

In my recent game with them, I needed something that was a) Cheap b) Decent cargo capacity c) Fast and d) A flanking buddy/distraction ship. In the base game I could use a Hound but... they tend to die quickly in pitched fights. In comes the Nautilus! Certainly not OP in that it has quite low killing power, but equip it with 2 Tac lasers and a Salamander and they fulfill all of my buddy requirements perfectly.

CaptainWinky

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 20, 2016, 09:48:07 AM »

Yup! Although one thing to consider is that, as the mod fills some niches missing in the base game, it can feel like things are more powerful because you can often find 'the right tool for the job'.

In my recent game with them, I needed something that was a) Cheap b) Decent cargo capacity c) Fast and d) A flanking buddy/distraction ship. In the base game I could use a Hound but... they tend to die quickly in pitched fights. In comes the Nautilus! Certainly not OP in that it has quite low killing power, but equip it with 2 Tac lasers and a Salamander and they fulfill all of my buddy requirements perfectly.

There are some very good niche ships in this mod.  I particularly like the Archer as a cheaper alternative to the Gryphon and I often have an Archer hang back with a carrier to provide fire support from afar.  The Nautilus is a nice little support ship and I make sure to have one or two in a fleet.

Ship/Weapon Pack also adds a bunch of (D) variants to vanilla ships.  I particularly like the Onslaught(D) as a budget battleship.

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
[0.7.2a] Ship/Weapon Pack 1.1.0
« Reply #40 on: May 21, 2016, 02:14:50 PM »

New Fourteenth Battlegroup ships!

Download Ship/Weapon Pack 1.1.0
Download Mirror
(Requires LazyLib 2.1)
(Requires GraphicsLib 1.0.2) (Updated!)

- Supported by DynaSector 1.0.3 (Updated!) -

Git Repository

Edit SWP_OPTIONS.ini to enable or disable Ship/Weapon Pack features!

If you want to convert a save (from vanilla or an old version), use Save Transfer to keep your progress.

We also recommend Version Checker to notify you when an update is ready.

Having problems?  Visit the Mod Troubleshooting Guide!

Change Log
Version 1.1.0
- Added Gryphon (XIV)
- Added Hammerhead (XIV)
- General compatibility update

Kevin Flemming

• Commander
  • So say we all.
    • View Profile
Re: [0.7.2a] Ship/Weapon Pack 1.1.0
« Reply #41 on: May 25, 2016, 11:36:38 AM »

Kind of minor, but I noticed a spelling mistake on the XIV variant of the Hammerhead. It reads "Hamemrhead" instead.

Can I change that myself by editing a file? It burns my eyes lol.

Loving the XIV variants, by the way. The Conquest, my GOD THE CONQUEST. It looks so sexy. I want to make sweet love to it.

Kitfox88

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 25, 2016, 12:31:06 PM »

How do you actually spawn in the XIV mod ships using the command line? I know it's a hullmod and not an actual hull itself but I can't quite figure it out. Sorry for the trouble orz

Kevin Flemming

• Commander
  • So say we all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 25, 2016, 12:54:29 PM »

How do you actually spawn in the XIV mod ships using the command line? I know it's a hullmod and not an actual hull itself but I can't quite figure it out. Sorry for the trouble orz

Type "addship NAME_xiv" (without the quotation marks, of course).

For instance, to gain the Conquest XIV, type "addship conquest_xiv" into the console. For a Hammerhead XIV, replace "conquest" with "hammerhead" and so on. ;D

Kevin Flemming

• Commander
  • So say we all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 26, 2016, 08:12:26 AM »

I was just looking through the XIV variants and I'm not sure if you see it but to me, the Sunder looks a little out-of-place aesthetically when next to the other XIVs. I think it's the lack of lighter tone on the hull, as with the others. They retain some of the original colour and have definitive striping whereas the Sunder is practically all orange. The orange on the Sunder could also be a shade darker, it looks a little too bright.

If I was any good with GIMP, I'd happily do this myself but I'm terrible with such things. :-X

Obviously, it's just personal preference in terms of design but the "ex-pen and colour artist" in me can't help but notice these things.

EDIT: In fact, the original XIVs (Enforcer, etc) could do with a face-lift to match the new striped ships perhaps? They look much better than the old ones. ;)
« Last Edit: May 26, 2016, 08:15:19 AM by Kevin Flemming »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 85