Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 85

Author Topic: [0.97a] Ship/Weapon Pack 1.15.1  (Read 1108084 times)

Hrothgar

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Ship/Weapon Pack 1.10.4
« Reply #585 on: October 18, 2019, 06:53:15 AM »

El Psi dont have any recoverable ship. That's why i think it reward in cash should be much greater, as it dont give you some nice ship in reward. Unless there is something in future to add for it.

Tartiflette

• Admiral
  • MagicLab discord: https://discord.gg/EVQZaD3naU
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: October 18, 2019, 07:04:22 AM »

Maybe El Psi should reward some unique weapons instead

Green Ghost

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: October 18, 2019, 09:53:30 AM »

Unique weapons sounds pretty cool, would love some blueprints as well but maybe that defeats the purpose.

Green Ghost

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: October 21, 2019, 02:26:34 PM »

Concerning the IBB, do multiple bounties show up at the same stations as time goes by or are they distributed all at once over all existing stations/planets? i've started to run dry on bounties but i haven't gotten them all yet.

miles341

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: October 21, 2019, 04:05:14 PM »

Concerning the IBB, do multiple bounties show up at the same stations as time goes by or are they distributed all at once over all existing stations/planets? i've started to run dry on bounties but i haven't gotten them all yet.

They show up randomly to random stations over time, you could get all of them from a single station from what I know. I believe the IBB guy only shows up on certain faction's stations though, mostly Independant, and I believe maybe Hegemony? But they seem to spawn mostly in the same order.

Jedib1

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: October 22, 2019, 12:45:52 AM »

Would there be any easy file tweak to make El Psi recoverable? It would be neat to have it in some capacity after the tough fight. It would surely need some 'battle damage' if it was ever turned into a reward vessel, though.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2019, 01:17:09 PM by Jedib1 »

czarry

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: October 28, 2019, 06:54:18 PM »

Struggling to modify the Extreme Modifications hullmod. I can modify the amount of OP it removes from a design no problem, but whenever I try to change the ENGINE_MALFUNCTION_PROB float or the weapon one for that matter in swp_extrememodifications.java, the ship systems seem to fail the same amount whether I change the value up or down (even when I set the value to 0). Am I trying to change the wrong value?

edit: playing around with it more, trying to change the hullmod to instead act as a percentage increase to malfunction chance (so theoretically no malfunctions unless below 40CR) and still the same problem. Nothing changed, and the ships engines will still fail at 100CR.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2019, 09:41:43 PM by czarry »

AxleMC131

• Admiral
  • Amateur World-Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: October 28, 2019, 10:01:05 PM »

Struggling to modify the Extreme Modifications hullmod. I can modify the amount of OP it removes from a design no problem, but whenever I try to change the ENGINE_MALFUNCTION_PROB float or the weapon one for that matter in swp_extrememodifications.java, the ship systems seem to fail the same amount whether I change the value up or down (even when I set the value to 0). Am I trying to change the wrong value?

Technically speaking, yes, you are.

The Java file you're trying to edit isn't the one the game actually reads. The game reads the mod's java files from a single JAR file, which is compiled for the mod by the author. Loose Java files in the mod folder are there purely for players or other modders to look at and reference - changing values within them won't change the actual in-game implementation.

This is only really the case for Java files by the way, which is why you can edit the hullmods.csv file and witness the results in-game just fine.

(TLDR: The file you're trying to edit is a copy of the real file and exists purely for the purpose of letting humans read it. The real file that the game reads is hidden within the mod's code and can't easily be changed.)

czarry

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: October 28, 2019, 11:41:35 PM »

Technically speaking, yes, you are.

The Java file you're trying to edit isn't the one the game actually reads.

Holy *** that explains so much! Thanks for the response!

Yunru

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: October 31, 2019, 07:11:39 AM »

Getting the following when enabled with Nex:
Code
212539 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.RuntimeException: Failed to find script of class [exerelin.plugins.NexCoreLifecyclePlugin]
java.lang.RuntimeException: Failed to find script of class [exerelin.plugins.NexCoreLifecyclePlugin]
at com.fs.starfarer.loading.scripts.ScriptStore.new(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.settings.StarfarerSettings.OO0000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.launcher.ModManager.getEnabledModPlugins(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.loading.ResourceLoaderState.init(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Disabling this mod fixes it (as, obviously, does disabling Nex :P ), but that's not really a desirable solution :P

EDIT: My GraphicsLib was corrupted

sepion

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: November 02, 2019, 03:06:42 AM »

Does this mod need me to start a new game?

And when is it compatible with the Nexerelin 0.9.5d?

AxleMC131

• Admiral
  • Amateur World-Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: November 02, 2019, 01:26:45 PM »

Does this mod need me to start a new game?

It shouldn't since it's for the most part just a ship pack, but it may not include some campaign content if you try to add it to an existing save - I don't know if the IBB missions will show up, for instance. But all the ships and weapons will definitely spawn in, they'll just take some time, an in-game month or three to start filtering into the various faction fleets and markets.

And when is it compatible with the Nexerelin 0.9.5d?

It should be already, unless something weird is going on that I've missed.

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: November 03, 2019, 02:06:18 AM »

El Psi dont have any recoverable ship. That's why i think it reward in cash should be much greater, as it dont give you some nice ship in reward. Unless there is something in future to add for it.
Maybe El Psi should reward some unique weapons instead
I think that an alternative solution to this conundrum would be moving El Psi's bounty to after Mosolov's. It's perhaps biased, but IBBs provide one of the hardest fights. Mosolov's bounty rewards you with three powerful ships, but there are no more challenges left after that, only seal clubbing. That would be less of a case, however, if there's still El Psi to defeat.
It's biased mainly because I consider the fights to be the main attraction, not the ships themselves.

Wolas3214

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: November 08, 2019, 05:07:07 PM »

Is there any way to remove a ship from the modpack? This is by far my favorite ship pack but i really dislike the cathedral, mostly because the AI will show up with like 6+ in a single fleet. I tried just removing all the cathedral files i could find but that just resulted in a crash on startup with the mod enabled

AxleMC131

• Admiral
  • Amateur World-Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: November 08, 2019, 10:58:31 PM »

Is there any way to remove a ship from the modpack? This is by far my favorite ship pack but i really dislike the cathedral, mostly because the AI will show up with like 6+ in a single fleet. I tried just removing all the cathedral files i could find but that just resulted in a crash on startup with the mod enabled

If you find the mod's faction files, specifically the one for the Luddic Church (since I'm pretty sure they're the only guys who use the ship), you should be able to remove the Cathedral from all their "known ship" references. That means the ship will still technically be in the game and you don't have to worry about breaking things, but it will no longer spawn under CGR control - assuming it doesn't have some kind of scripted spawning rules - and therefore shouldn't spawn in-game, except perhaps as a derelict shipwreck.

The Cathedral's a special ship, so I wouldn't be surprised if it has a couple of scripted additional features involving its spawning or appearing in fleets or just loose in the campaign, but even if that means you can't remove it entirely, just preventing factions from spawning it under normal circumstances should make it incredibly rare if not unspawnable.
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 85