Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 85

Author Topic: [0.97a] Ship/Weapon Pack 1.15.1  (Read 1108378 times)

chytis

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Ship/Weapon Pack 1.10.1
« Reply #450 on: May 19, 2019, 06:35:57 PM »

Oh ok np, thanks for the quick answer love all your mods :)

eidolad

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: May 20, 2019, 05:16:45 PM »

1.  Do I dream in vain of cathedral-class ship blueprints?  Or find derelict/salvage one in battle?  How about one for sale (um yeah like I can just see the price tag)?

Just had the dubious pleasure of seeing how long it takes to fully blow one up with a decent sized cruiser fleet with carrier support.  That thing...just...wouldn't...die.

2.  Am I assuming correctly that the only folks who field a Cathedral are the Luddic Path?  (assuming from what I read in the ship description that "militants of the Church of Galactic Redemption" seized the early "Explorer-class" ships).

I'm not saying that one of these could replace a Paragon with all the mods as the ultimate tanky ship...but still...the Cathedral is this big, green, Ogre of a mobile base ship.  Perhaps me wants to build an endgame fleet around it...that is, if a speed 20 mobile base would really be a fun thing on the StarSector battle map, say, after like the 10th time seeing enemies just fight around/away from it.

3.  A Nexerelin faction start...with the promise of a chance to buy/build one of these...is tempting despite the "the whole universe hates me and my faction" setup.

AxleMC131

• Admiral
  • Amateur World-Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: May 20, 2019, 11:10:01 PM »

2.  Am I assuming correctly that the only folks who field a Cathedral are the Luddic Path?  (assuming from what I read in the ship description that "militants of the Church of Galactic Redemption" seized the early "Explorer-class" ships).

Luddic Church*. The "Church of Galactic Redemption" is the full name of the Luddic Church. (Also holy cow I don't want to see a Pather Cathedral in my lifetime. :o )

Jonlissla

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: May 21, 2019, 07:26:12 AM »

Got a CTD from fighting a Luddic Church fleet attacking my station.

329305 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.fs.starfarer.api.combat.ShipAPI.getShieldCenterEvenIfNoShield()Lorg/lwjgl/util/vector/Vector2f;
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.fs.starfarer.api.combat.ShipAPI.getShieldCenterEvenIfNoShield()Lorg/lwjgl/util/vector/Vector2f;
   at data.scripts.shipsystems.SWP_MineStrikeLTStats.isLocationClear(SWP_MineStrikeLTStats.java:234)
   at data.scripts.shipsystems.SWP_MineStrikeLTStats.findClearLocation(SWP_MineStrikeLTStats.java:200)
   at data.scripts.shipsystems.SWP_MineStrikeLTStats.apply(SWP_MineStrikeLTStats.java:69)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.systems.F.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.entities.Ship.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advanceInner(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

I presume it's related to this mod due to it saying SWP but not sure, so please correct me if I'm wrong.

EDIT: I noticed now that Alex has released a few hotfixes that I have yet to install, so I'll check them out and see if the problem persists. After downloading RC8 there was no CTD.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2019, 07:47:37 AM by Jonlissla »

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #454 on: May 22, 2019, 05:51:57 PM »

1.  Do I dream in vain of cathedral-class ship blueprints?  Or find derelict/salvage one in battle?  How about one for sale (um yeah like I can just see the price tag)?

Luddic Church sells them sometimes.  Blueprints can be found by raiding only.  It doesn't appear in the wild.

Shoat

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: May 22, 2019, 09:01:26 PM »

Luddic Church sells them sometimes.  Blueprints can be found by raiding only.  It doesn't appear in the wild.

Oh, that cathedral can appear in the campaign?
That kinda scares me, seeing how it crashes the game every time I play the stained glass mission (is that bug already being worked on or should i boot up and crash the game again to take a look at the error message?).

Avanitia

• Commander
  • Local Egg Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: May 23, 2019, 12:45:12 AM »

Cathedrals show up pretty often for me in Prism Freeport's high-end seller (not uncommon to see two side-by-side). If that's not intentional, they should probably be blacklisted.

RNG is funny sometimes.

I don't really see them in Prism, maybe seen them once or twice.
The Scrapyard on Arigato on the other hand... while they aren't exactly common there either, it's not a bad idea to go there for heavily d-modded Cathedral, even early.
You haven't played Starsector unless your storage has one thousand Vulcans in it.

lethargie

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: May 23, 2019, 07:23:00 AM »

I haven't been able to make the cathedral work for me. How do yo outfit it?

solardawning

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: May 23, 2019, 08:40:36 AM »

Weapons: Missiles. Missiles everywhere.

Modules: Put Makeshift Shield Generator and Extended Shields on each. Now they will automatically raise a shell of shields that cover everything, under the player-controlled main shield.

Strip the center for maximum OP, put back ECCM Package (the built in missile is incredible), and use Hardened/Accelerated Shields and the mod that gives +25% vent rate. Then put remaining OP into vents.

In battle, you're invincible: You can tank shots on the shields until your flux is halfway or so, then quickly vent, and the 2nd layer of shields on your modules can take the hits long enough for you to finish venting and raise the main shield again.
Meanwhile they're wrecking everything close with massed fire, and everything at medium and long range has five cruisers' worth of missiles chasing it down.

Shad

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: May 23, 2019, 10:01:11 AM »

I also fit makeshif shield generators in all modules. Even without extended shields, it covers the ship quite well. I put a few long-range kinetics (to start stripping shields early. I stick Vulcans/IBIS for PD purposes. For the rest of the slots I go either missiles, similar to post above, or go with tyrador drone pods (which is outright frightening, when you see a salvo of like 50 drones from a single ship).

lethargie

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: May 23, 2019, 12:27:44 PM »

don't you run out of missiles in longer engagement? Or even in short one, since the ai like to waste them a lot

eidolad

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: May 23, 2019, 06:52:19 PM »

Thanks for the info regarding Cathedrals as being available! 

Lo, and then there was a Luddic Church playthrough.  Cause I just want to take my base with me at burn 6 cause orbiting is so boring.

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #462 on: May 23, 2019, 10:16:30 PM »

Oh, that cathedral can appear in the campaign?
That kinda scares me, seeing how it crashes the game every time I play the stained glass mission (is that bug already being worked on or should i boot up and crash the game again to take a look at the error message?).

Update Starsector to the latest hotfix!

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
  • Your Friendly Forum Friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: May 28, 2019, 10:02:06 PM »

And get Nexe or version checker as they will tell you not only if a mod has updated, but even if SS itself updates!
Help out MesoTroniK, a modder in need

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too

eidolad

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: May 30, 2019, 07:39:40 PM »

Ode to the Victory:

Diamonds are fine,
But you are mine.
Cut through the swine,
With salvo sublime.

Charge to the weak,
And deliver their fate.
Punish the fool...
Who defies your rule?

Editor's note:  The ancient term "swine" will be new to many of us.  Humans haven't eaten porcine animals for centuries since the heyday on ancient Earth where, in 2019 old calendar, there were over 1 billion "pigs" awaiting slaughter.   Even if we were insane enough to put up with them aboard ship as we head out to the new star sector colonies, they really are just too ugly to live.

Strangely, ancient humans really loved something called "apple-wood smoked bacon" even if foods like it contributed to the eventual death of them.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 85