Fractal Softworks Forum
December 11, 2017, 12:36:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New blog post: Population Growth (11/19/17); Starsector 0.8.1a is out!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14
  Print  
Author Topic: [0.8.1a] Ship/Weapon Pack 1.5.0  (Read 76070 times)
cjusa
Captain

Missiles and Mecha, my boys. Missiles and Mecha

View Profile Email
« Reply #180 on: July 23, 2017, 12:23:35 PM »

IBB? Sorry for the new question. Whats that stand for?
Interstellar Bounty Board.

They were designed as a late game challenge (Outside of just taking over the Templars or something.)

To sum it up it adds certain bounty fleets with mod-ships that are unique to that fleet. You take the bounty mission at one of several "major" factions and find them in a system. After making sure to defeat the personal ship that the bounty is posted on, you are usually given the ship in the form of salvage, along with lots of credits. If it doesn't drop, you can find it at the Prism Freeport (Or Frism Preeport if you are Nemonaemo.) for a premium price.

Examples include (Gerard?) Butler, who has two mod-Lashers with different stats and weapons. Or James Meridith with a mod-Hammerhead and mod-Sunder.

Very few problems can't be solved with gratuitous violence and epic explosions.

I am pro at Paradox-Billiards-Vostroyan-Roulette-Fourth-Dimensional-Hypercube-Chess-Strip-Poker. Fight me.

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Eagles and Falcons on fire off the L5 of Sindria. I watched Tachyon beams glitter in the dark near the Perseus Nebula...
Sy
Admiral

View Profile Email
« Reply #181 on: July 23, 2017, 12:58:12 PM »

^ minor correction: not just a late-game challenge in particular, but boss-like battles of increasing size and difficulty throughout the game.
passwalker
Lieutenant

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: July 24, 2017, 01:53:07 AM »

that's not related to this mod afaik, but yes. i think it's enough to set "postsNoBounties": to false in \Starsector\starsector-core\data\world\factions\pirates.faction.
that is not the case, since ibb bounties are not technically bounties, but missions instead. they have to be accepted first.

an answer from someone in the know would be greatly appreciated.

in nexerelin it becomes frustratingly difficult to find those missions, especially if you are not allied with any of ibb factions.

Any and ALL sprites i ever posted on this forum are FREE to use. even if i'm using them myself. Don't ever, EVER ask for permission, or i will come to your home and EAT YOUR DOG!!!
- all my stuff in on place http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=12896.msg218548#msg218548
- Terraformer faction mod http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=12907.msg218093#msg218093 - very WIP, coder assistance needed.
my keyboard has malfunctioning buttons E and W. misspelling happens often.
Sy
Admiral

View Profile Email
« Reply #183 on: July 25, 2017, 02:18:07 PM »

that is not the case, since ibb bounties are not technically bounties
ah, you didn't specify in your question that you were talking about IBBs. but i see now that i missed you stating IBB in regards to having added them to Neutrino in the past.

the independents do offer IBB mission though, iirc. just gotta find a large market, since not every market of every IBB faction has the missions.
Dark.Revenant
Admiral

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #184 on: July 25, 2017, 07:32:29 PM »

Independents don't offer IBBs; Persean League took their place.

Squish Cat
Ensign

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: July 31, 2017, 10:53:25 PM »

Independents don't offer IBBs; Persean League took their place.

Sometimes this makes things a bit difficult if you're playing with Nexerelin.  In one game I started and played as Tri-Tachyon and for some reason every other faction just wanted to gang up on them.  Unfortunately, Tri-Tachyon doesn't offer IBBs, so I was never given the opportunity to do them.  Either Tri-Tachyon should also offer them, or Independents should get them again, as I was completely locked out of them for that game.  And yes, I did try to raise faction with an IBB offering faction, but they just keep losing faction almost as fast as I raised it and remain hostile. :x
Dark.Revenant
Admiral

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #186 on: August 01, 2017, 01:54:44 AM »

IBB isn't really intended for Nex.  I'll probably remove the rep mechanic in Nex...

Kyuss11
Ensign

View Profile Email
« Reply #187 on: August 01, 2017, 01:09:38 PM »

Yes,please make IBBs with out a faction rep and more of a random quest in any faction. I experienced the same thing where you get locked out of the quest. IBBs are some of my favorite quest because of the unique ships you can get. These features need to be implemented more honestly in my opinion,like the Cabal faction chasing you down because you have one of their ships and your not worthy enough. I hope you fix it soon or maybe give us the file to change our selves since I'm going to be starting a new play through soon. Thanks for all the hard work:)
passwalker
Lieutenant

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: August 01, 2017, 06:46:05 PM »

IBB isn't really intended for Nex.  I'll probably remove the rep mechanic in Nex...
maybe make them always appear on prism freeport? it's called freeport for a reason.

Any and ALL sprites i ever posted on this forum are FREE to use. even if i'm using them myself. Don't ever, EVER ask for permission, or i will come to your home and EAT YOUR DOG!!!
- all my stuff in on place http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=12896.msg218548#msg218548
- Terraformer faction mod http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=12907.msg218093#msg218093 - very WIP, coder assistance needed.
my keyboard has malfunctioning buttons E and W. misspelling happens often.
etherealblade
Commander

View Profile
« Reply #189 on: August 02, 2017, 07:56:24 PM »

I understand now, thanks for the reply!

Tommy
Commander

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: August 06, 2017, 10:21:44 AM »

Hey Dark,

Just wanted to ask about the (800-900k) IBB fleet full of automated ships that I defeated, who's ships never ended up showing in the Prism market.

I tried to so many times to find them, that I'm certain that they are not meant to show up.

The unique ship in question was a behemoth of a ship. Probably took half the screen at normal zoom (I might be exagerarating but that's how I remember it). It had 50k cargo and 50k fuel capacity or in that area.

Is it meant to appear in the Prism market after you defeat it?

I'm really asking because every other ship does. Just not any of the ships in that automated ships fleet.
Kissa-mies
Ensign

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: August 06, 2017, 01:14:52 PM »

That's the Sporeship i think. You're not meant to be able to ever get it
Tommy
Commander

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: August 06, 2017, 01:17:15 PM »

That's the one. Thanks for clearing that up Smiley

(it did look ungrabable tbh Grin)
A Random Jolteon
Lieutenant

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: August 06, 2017, 07:12:24 PM »

That's the one. Thanks for clearing that up Smiley

(it did look ungrabable tbh Grin)
Sounds like a ship capable of destroying my potato just by existing.
Camael
Lieutenant

View Profile
« Reply #194 on: September 05, 2017, 04:23:12 PM »

Issue resolved, leaving this here in case it might point to something relevant.

Greetings,

I seem to have an issue with the IBB system (which is sad because I absolutely love it and it's part of why I keep playing ever new campaigns...) - when finding an IBB mission I found it takes some time for the game to "recognize" that it was accepted, the mission does not show up in the intel tab before and I get a message saying it was accepted. In my latest playthrough I accepted (I think...) number five, can't remember the name though, custom condor and tarsus I think, but it never showed the "accepted" message and the mission does not show up. Furthermore, no more IBB missions seem to show up in the usual markets.
I may have taken a neutrino commission after accepting the mission but before the message hit (do not remember if I did, sorry...) - could this have broken something? Otherwise, what could be the issue? Universe too stuffed for the bounty fleet to spawn (normal person bounties spawn just fine...)? Or did I miss that IBB missions are off if I get a commission in general?
(running just about every up-to-date faction mod available, so far it's stable... but I seem to remember that the IBB line vanished in heavily mod-laden games in the past... Also, I did not fiddle with the console so far, but it does have a command setting bounty stage - could this fix the issue without having to figure out the details of what's gone wrong?)

Sorry to bother You with this, probably a niche problem, but I would greatly appreciate an answer. Also, as always, awesome, awesome, awesome, way to make a great game awesome. Thanks.

edit: issue resolved itself a few minutes after posting this (now I feel like a dipshyte...). The same mission reappeared on Jangala and now shows up properly after accepting. Bit weird, and took some waiting, but I guess this is the fix already in place for whatever the problem was.

« Last Edit: September 05, 2017, 04:38:08 PM by Camael » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14
  Print  

Jump to: