Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.9.1a is out! (05/10/19); Updated the Forum Rules and Guidelines (02/29/20); Blog post: GIF Roundup (04/11/20)

Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45]

Author Topic: [0.9.1a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v5.3.1)  (Read 97796 times)

boggled

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v5.3.1)
« Reply #660 on: July 04, 2020, 03:58:56 AM »

Haven't I predict it will happen? Takes much more time, than I thought.

You did predict this, but so far only a couple of people have requested help with the riddle. I'm guessing most players are able to solve it without assistance, either through knowledge of literature or knowledge of how to dig through the mod files to find the right planet.

Mondaymonkey

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: July 04, 2020, 04:44:37 AM »

That is a rare situation, when I am happy about being so wrong.

Feel so guilty of underestimating average SS player.  :'(
I dislike human beings... or I just do not know how to cook them well.

Crimson Sky Gaurdian

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: July 04, 2020, 04:53:06 AM »

I unfortunately got spoiled on the riddle while scanning all the things.

Fen

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: July 04, 2020, 06:49:50 AM »

I always play with randomized core worlds so never cared to solve it, personally xP

Morrow

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: July 07, 2020, 06:26:19 AM »

I'm trying to remove a magnetic field around a planet.  Does anyone know a way via command console or with this mod that I'm missing?
Discord: Morrow#1453

boggled

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: July 07, 2020, 06:28:49 AM »

I'm trying to remove a magnetic field around a planet.  Does anyone know a way via command console or with this mod that I'm missing?

It is not possible using this mod. A console command could do it, but writing the command wouldn't be trivial.

Morrow

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: July 07, 2020, 07:21:00 AM »

Well I took a crack at it and got something the equivalent of a sledgehammer to screw in a screw.  This is with command console mod.

Code: java
runcode SectorEntityToken fleet = Global.getSector().getPlayerFleet();
    List<SectorEntityToken> sectorEntityTokens = fleet.getContainingLocation().getAllEntities();

for(int i = 0; i < sectoryEntityTokens.size(); i++)
    {
        if(sectorEntityTokens.get(i) instanceof CampaignTerrainAPI)
        {
            fleet.getContainingLocation().removeEntity((SectorEntityToken)sectorEntityTokens.get(i));
        }
    }

This will get rid of all terrain features in the system you are currently in.  This does not seem to include asteroid belts, planets, stars, and stable locations.  I'm guessing it will also get rid of clouds that slow you down as well as magnetic fields.

If anyone can think of a better solution this is what I whipped up with just a real quick look through the API and this comment: https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=14512.msg237328#msg237328

Good luck out there.

boggled

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: July 07, 2020, 07:45:07 AM »

Well I took a crack at it and got something the equivalent of a sledgehammer to screw in a screw.  This is with command console mod.

List<SectorEntityToken> sectorEntityTokens = fleet.getContainingLocation().getAllEntities();

{
        {
            fleet.getContainingLocation().removeEntity((SectorEntityToken)sectorEntityTokens.get(i));
        }
    }

This will get rid of all terrain features in the system you are currently in.  This does not seem to include asteroid belts, planets, stars, and stable locations.  I'm guessing it will also get rid of clouds that slow you down as well as magnetic fields.

If anyone can think of a better solution this is what I whipped up with just a real quick look through the API and this comment: https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=14512.msg237328#msg237328

Good luck out there.

The below edits to your code should result in only the CampaignTerrainAPI that the player fleet is located inside of being deleted. I haven't tested it, so you might have to make minor changes to get it to compile. Hope this helps!

{
        {
            if(((CampaignTerrainAPI)sectorEntityTokens.get(i)).getPlugin().containsEntity(fleet))
            {
            }
        }
    }

Morrow

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: July 08, 2020, 11:23:09 AM »

I loved the quests!  Stuff like this gives me a lot of hope for some seriously awesome adventures in future iterations of the game.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2020, 11:24:50 AM by Morrow »
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45]