Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: [0.97a] Scan Those Gates (v1.5.7)  (Read 90203 times)

AERO

• Ensign
  • Discord: aero.assault
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96a] Scan Those Gates (v1.5.6)
« Reply #60 on: October 21, 2023, 07:14:02 AM »

I can't get these settings to work:

# Setting to true will add Inactive Gates to the intel screen when the gate scan occurs, revealing their location
  "RevealInactiveGates": true, # Default false

# Setting to true will scan all gates, regardless of whether there is a non-hidden market or not
  "ActivateInactiveGates": true, # Default false

If you have LunaLib, the options selected in the LunaSettings menu take precedence over the ones in settings.json

Boop

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 21, 2023, 07:26:55 AM »

The settings files are not working, but I got LunaLib settings to work

I can't get these settings to work:

# Setting to true will add Inactive Gates to the intel screen when the gate scan occurs, revealing their location
  "RevealInactiveGates": true, # Default false

# Setting to true will scan all gates, regardless of whether there is a non-hidden market or not
  "ActivateInactiveGates": true, # Default false

Ranger Dimitri

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 19, 2023, 10:45:58 PM »

So, how exactly is the actual scanning ability meant to show up? As in my current game I don't see it among the list of things in the ability bar, am I meant to complete the story before having it enabled? Because I'm not using Skip the Story or Nexerelin for my current game.

Phenir

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 20, 2023, 07:50:47 AM »

So, how exactly is the actual scanning ability meant to show up? As in my current game I don't see it among the list of things in the ability bar, am I meant to complete the story before having it enabled? Because I'm not using Skip the Story or Nexerelin for my current game.
If you right click your hotbar buttons, it will bring up a list of all abilities you have that can be placed on the hotbar.

Ranger Dimitri

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 22, 2023, 05:17:16 AM »

So, is there any way to have it so the mod can tell if you have finished the story the old fashioned way rather than needing to have either Nex or skip Story in the modlist? I mean I could just enable Skip Story after finishing all the work for the story I've already done. But it would be nice if you could make it less of a hassle for those of us who play in that sense. Also the abilities aren't showing in my hotbar either nor in the list to possibly add to them. Guessing I'll need Console commands to enable them?
« Last Edit: November 22, 2023, 05:20:31 AM by Ranger Dimitri »

Ranger Dimitri

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 22, 2023, 05:31:32 AM »

If you right click your hotbar buttons, it will bring up a list of all abilities you have that can be placed on the hotbar.
I do have the mod active and enabled, but they aren't showing in the list of abilities for the hotbar. Needless to say I might have to rely on console commands or something to ensure it works. Do I need to have Skip Story enabled as well?

OmegaInfinita

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 22, 2023, 11:07:40 PM »

I do have the mod active and enabled, but they aren't showing in the list of abilities for the hotbar. Needless to say I might have to rely on console commands or something to ensure it works. Do I need to have Skip Story enabled as well?
(I mean this in a completely serious manner) Have you uninstalled and then done a complete clean reinstall of the mod? I use mine on random sector, with dozens of other mods, and have had 0 issues.
I know not every situation is exactly the same, but the first, and usually best, way of troubleshooting is completely deleting the mod and reinstalling it.

Ranger Dimitri

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 29, 2023, 04:32:33 AM »

Figured out a workaround for it, used the Console commands to add it in, and when I do a Nex start it works fine and shows up as normal. Guessing it's just a bug that occurs for some people every now and then.

Grenouillator

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 10, 2023, 05:16:31 PM »

Hi my game is crashing saying it can't find "GateScanUsableCheckInterval" , its a first instal on the download available on the first page did i miss something ?

MAJ : i added lunalib and now it work but i tough this mod was not needed for your mod to work ? (should have added lunalib long ago srly)
« Last Edit: December 12, 2023, 04:53:00 AM by Grenouillator »

Cpt. Not an AI

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 20, 2023, 02:59:08 PM »

I recently upgraded to LunaLib 1.8.3 and the mod no longer works. I tried uninstalling an reinstalling both and they would not work together. Thought I would bring this up here because multiple people did on the LunaLib page.

Seamus Donohue

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.97a] Scan Those Gates (v1.5.7)
« Reply #70 on: February 22, 2024, 09:10:22 AM »

When using Nexerelin, the abilities from Scan Those Gates are NOT available if and only if a new game is started with the "Tutorial Start" option.  That is, solving a minor crisis in the Galatia system.

The abilities from Scan Those Gates show up as normal when using any other starting option.

I speculate that this is because the tutorial start restricts what skills the player has access to and that the abilities from Scan Those Gates get caught in that sweep.
Polyvessel Pilot, Capsule Cleared

AERO

• Ensign
  • Discord: aero.assault
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 22, 2024, 12:46:30 PM »

When using Nexerelin, the abilities from Scan Those Gates are NOT available if and only if a new game is started with the "Tutorial Start" option.  That is, solving a minor crisis in the Galatia system.

The abilities from Scan Those Gates show up as normal when using any other starting option.

I speculate that this is because the tutorial start restricts what skills the player has access to and that the abilities from Scan Those Gates get caught in that sweep.

That is probably the cause. The mod should automatically detect that the abilities are not in your list of available abilities when loading the save and add them if necessary. It's possible that functionality isn't working though, I'll test it when I have access to my desktop again and release a fix if necessary.

Hexallium

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 12, 2024, 09:49:23 AM »

Is there a way to add the ability to scan those gates with console command?
Using Tutorial start and didn't see the ability show up after finishing the quest.

TimeDiver

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 12, 2024, 01:15:01 PM »

Using Tutorial start and didn't see the ability show up after finishing the quest.
Upon completing the tutorial, after travelling to Corvus and speaking with one of the NPCs, enter the following in Console Commands:

RunCode Global.getSector().getCharacterData().addAbility("stg_GateScanner"); Global.getSector().getCharacterData().addAbility("stg_HypershuntScanner"); Global.getSector().getCharacterData().addAbility("stg_CryosleeperScanner");

Hexallium

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 28, 2024, 01:58:32 AM »

Upon completing the tutorial, after travelling to Corvus and speaking with one of the NPCs, enter the following in Console Commands:

RunCode Global.getSector().getCharacterData().addAbility("stg_GateScanner"); Global.getSector().getCharacterData().addAbility("stg_HypershuntScanner"); Global.getSector().getCharacterData().addAbility("stg_CryosleeperScanner");

Thank you! This code fixed for me.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]