Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: 0.72 destroying two bounty fleets in one battle only gives you reward for one  (Read 2617 times)

goduranus

• Admiral
    • View Profile

How to reproduce:

When there are two enemy bounty fleets spawning on the same planet or otherwise close together, fight lure one to the other can fight them together.
The one you fight will offer rewards, but the one that came in for support will say "killed in unrelated incident"

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile

Thanks for the report! Hmm - unable to reproduce this, getting both bounties paid out properly over here.

JohnDoe

• Captain
    • View Profile

Maybe you didn't kill the commander of one of the fleets.

goduranus

• Admiral
    • View Profile

I definitely did.
Maybe the bug has to do with destroying the two flagships in two separate engagements in the same battle? I destroyed one flagship, then retreated to reload torpedoes, then destroyed the other flagship.

Here's the what I remeber drom when this happened:

There were two bounties at Mors in Corvus, one by Tri-tachyon, another by Independent.
I have Tri-tachyon commission and is cooperative with independent, and hostile to everyone else.
When I approached Mors, a Hegemony patrol that was keeping contact with my fleet got sandwiched between me and the bounty fleets, and got attacked by both bounty fleets. I don't think bounty enemies were destroyed because the the patrol has only two Enforcers and a Gemini which lost rather quickly, while both bounty fleets had two cruisers.
After the patrol got blown up, I get i to battle with one bounty enemy, with the other one being able to reinforce it. Both bounties have cruiser flagships, one is a Dominator D, the other is a Eagle D. I did bot check beforehand whether the officer names match up with bounty names though.

In the battle:
1st Engagement I used one Afflictor to blow up a bunch of friagtes and carriers, then retreated to reload
2nd Engagement I used one Afflictor and blew up the Eagle flagship
3rd Engagement I deployed a big fleet and blew up the Dominator flagship
4th Engagement is a pursuit, some fighters escaped.

Maybe destroying he two flagships separately has something to do with it?

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile

Hmm. Looking at the code, I strongly suspect that one of them did get killed by the Hegemony patrol. Multiple engagements shouldn't matter, it's doing a simple check of "is this enemy officer in command of the fleet? if not, pay bounty!" once, at the very end of the battle. The "unrelated incident" message probably got fired off after the patrol engagement, but you didn't see it until a few seconds later because of the comms delay.