Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 29

Author Topic: [0.97a] Underworld 1.8.3  (Read 653343 times)

Frosterus

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Underworld 1.4.7
« Reply #255 on: March 02, 2021, 02:50:01 AM »

If the Starlight Cabal are disabled, do their ship models still use up some of my VRAM?

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
Re: [0.9.1a] Underworld 1.4.7
« Reply #256 on: March 02, 2021, 10:39:39 AM »

If the Starlight Cabal are disabled, do their ship models still use up some of my VRAM?

Yes.

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
[0.9.1a] Underworld 1.5.0
« Reply #257 on: March 10, 2021, 12:27:52 AM »

Beware the new Cabal menace, thanks to SleepyFish/Foxer!

Beware a new ultra-difficult, ultra-cursed IBB fleet...

Download Underworld 1.5.0
Download Mirror
(Requires LazyLib 2.5c) (Updated!)
(Requires GraphicsLib 1.4.5) (Updated!)

- Supported by Nexerelin 0.9.8b (Updated!) -

Git Repository

Edit UNDERWORLD_OPTIONS.ini to enable or disable Underworld features!

We recommend Version Checker to notify you when an update is ready.

Having problems?  Visit the Mod Troubleshooting Guide!

Change Log
Version 1.5.0:
- Added Succubus-class Pocket Battleship (Cabal)
  * Appears in Cabal fleets as a capital ship; should make them spam Odysseys less
- Added Palace-class Enlightenment Center (Cabal)
  * Will appear in a future update with special campaign integration...
  * For now, is just part of a special HVB (Vayra's Sector required)
- Added special new late-game IBB fleet of... abominations
- Diablo Cannon is now a STRIKE, USE_VS_FRIGATES weapon, like the Hellfire Cannon
« Last Edit: April 16, 2021, 05:13:58 AM by Dark.Revenant »

Chairman Suryasari

• Captain
  • The Deployer of John Lennon's.
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Underworld 1.5.0
« Reply #258 on: March 13, 2021, 03:33:19 AM »

Cabal still try to mug my fleet and I cannot leave the dialog despite I'm not hostile and already give them a ton of stuff before this encounter like 3 minutes ago, forcing me to openly attack and reset my reputation to hostile with them or using "ForceDismissDialog" and it's usually this end badly if my fleet far more weaker than their fleet.
"Kids under 13 shouldn't have access to the internet. if 10yo me were on tumblr and read about suicide and depression 5 hours a day, every day, god knows i would jump off a bridge if my parents ever yell at me."

-Some random Youtube comment on video about Sonic OC.

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #259 on: March 13, 2021, 03:39:52 AM »

Cabal still try to mug my fleet and I cannot leave the dialog despite I'm not hostile and already give them a ton of stuff before this encounter like 3 minutes ago, forcing me to openly attack and reset my reputation to hostile with them or using "ForceDismissDialog" and it's usually this end badly if my fleet far more weaker than their fleet.

Were they asking you for more stuff, or just attacking you directly?

Chairman Suryasari

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: March 13, 2021, 04:33:42 AM »

I am usually just trading from Culann/Eochu Bres to Donn in Hybrasil Star System for months. And once in awhile get stopped by Cabal, I keep giving them all of my stuff because I want their Blueprint. But sometimes they stopped me not asking anything, they just say "Hey, you want move in life? Check our market!" or something along these lines but with no option to exit the dialogue at all except attacking them and reset all the progress I made with them.
"Kids under 13 shouldn't have access to the internet. if 10yo me were on tumblr and read about suicide and depression 5 hours a day, every day, god knows i would jump off a bridge if my parents ever yell at me."

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #261 on: March 13, 2021, 01:07:50 PM »

I am usually just trading from Culann/Eochu Bres to Donn in Hybrasil Star System for months. And once in awhile get stopped by Cabal, I keep giving them all of my stuff because I want their Blueprint. But sometimes they stopped me not asking anything, they just say "Hey, you want move in life? Check our market!" or something along these lines but with no option to exit the dialogue at all except attacking them and reset all the progress I made with them.

Try extracting rules.csv from this file and putting it in Underworld/data/campaign (overwrite the existing rules.csv).  Let me know if the problem persists.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Chairman Suryasari

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: March 14, 2021, 03:24:57 PM »

I think it work. Thanks! But they mugged me twice faster now, it is intentional?

Spoiler
[close]

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #263 on: March 14, 2021, 06:14:25 PM »

That rules.csv change won’t change the rate of them chasing you down; it only fixes the forced-engagement bug.  I’ll probably adjust (in the scripts) how often that happens, if I can...

mora

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: March 17, 2021, 04:44:42 PM »

The Cabal considers the act of simply flying near them a hostile act and when you interact with them in that state, if you decide to pay up and turn on your transponder you will instantly get dropped to hostile rep in the interaction dialog with no warning. Why do they require the transponder now and why is flying close to them considered a hostile act anyway?

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #265 on: March 17, 2021, 11:43:50 PM »

The Cabal considers the act of simply flying near them a hostile act and when you interact with them in that state, if you decide to pay up and turn on your transponder you will instantly get dropped to hostile rep in the interaction dialog with no warning. Why do they require the transponder now and why is flying close to them considered a hostile act anyway?

What version of Underworld are you using?  Are you sure it actually dropped Cabal reputation, and not some other faction?
« Last Edit: March 18, 2021, 12:13:06 AM by Dark.Revenant »

mora

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: March 18, 2021, 05:34:38 AM »

What version of Underworld are you using?  Are you sure it actually dropped Cabal reputation, and not some other faction?
The newest, since it has all the new cabal capital ships. The reputation drop wasn't through the interaction dialog (rules.csv) but it was through the transponder ability itself where it starts glowing red and trying to turn it on normally would invoke a "Faction X will turn hostile are you sure" prompt. I guess turning it on through the interaction dialog completely skips that prompt. The rep drop showed up behind the interaction dialog in the normal intel thing where all the nexerelin stuff and such appear.
I tried to recreate this because a screenshot would be better, but couldn't get them to set the "hostile act" flag to turn on so I'll just write some additional info that may or may not be useful.
The cabal fleet was in a debris field generated by a battle the fleet was probably in and I couldn't see them where as they were able to see me while in the standing down state.
The interaction dialog was started by them.(I did not click on them)
I was hostile with Tri-tachyon and most other factions except for the cabal which was at -5 rep. The rep change intel showed -45 too.

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #267 on: March 18, 2021, 08:51:25 AM »

Did you fight against any Cabal fleets in the prior three months or so?

mora

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: March 18, 2021, 12:36:46 PM »

No. It was a new save that was on Cycle 206 Month 11.

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #269 on: March 19, 2021, 12:40:47 AM »

I've fixed a number of bugs with the Cabal since the 1.5.0 update.  Lots of bugs, in fact.  It's at the point that I don't think there are more bugs to find, and then you come alone with a bug that is literally inexplicable.

There is a special flag given to fleets that witness, either firsthand or given the information secondhand by a same-faction fleet you've attacked, a hostile action you took.  The flag interacts with the Transponder ability to make any fleet with that flag nearby trigger a reputation drop to Hostile if you turn your Transponder on.  There is, however, a separate flag that suppresses this behavior.

The Cabal have, for several versions, had that latter flag whilst masquerading as other factions.  Therefore, they will, say, become spooked if you attack a Cabal fleet at some point and the grapevine reaches them, but a fleet that's masquerading as another faction will never care about hostility events—not to nearby fleets or even themselves.  This leaves no opportunity to flip hostile unless, for whatever reason, you've genuinely attacked a Cabal-presenting fleet at some point.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 29