Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 29

Author Topic: [0.97a] Underworld 1.8.3  (Read 653086 times)

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
Re: [0.9.1a] Underworld 1.4.0
« Reply #165 on: August 14, 2019, 11:47:08 PM »

Likely a bug in the way reputation mechanics work in vanilla.  Not sure if there's anything I can do about that.

123nick

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: August 19, 2019, 01:33:50 PM »

any way too disable the cabal? and will the mod still be compatible with nexerelin without the cabal?

atreg

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: August 19, 2019, 01:49:16 PM »

any way too disable the cabal? and will the mod still be compatible with nexerelin without the cabal?
Set "starlightCabal" to false in UNDERWORLD_OPTIONS.ini. Cabal isn't needed for Nex compatibility.

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
[0.9.1a] Underworld 1.4.1
« Reply #168 on: September 07, 2019, 11:51:52 PM »

Thanks to King Alfonzo, Nia, MesoTroniK and the unofficial Starsector Discord community:

Download Underworld 1.4.1
Download Mirror
(Requires LazyLib 2.4e)
(Requires GraphicsLib 1.4.1) (Updated!)

- Supported by DynaSector 1.4.6 (Not yet compatible) -
- Supported by Nexerelin 0.9.4b (Updated!) -

Git Repository

Edit UNDERWORLD_OPTIONS.ini to enable or disable Underworld features!

We recommend Version Checker to notify you when an update is ready.

Having problems?  Visit the Mod Troubleshooting Guide!

Change Log
Version 1.4.1:
- Dickerson fleets prefer larger ships at higher levels; have more and better officers
- Fixed "loose" enemy fighter wings in Purple Haze mission
- Revolver's main weapon will target missiles if no other targets are in range
- Made Cabal somewhat less aggressive in the early game
- Cabal spawns decrease to near-0 when far from Cabal-influenced or Tri-Tachyon markets
- Tweaked CR/deploy for multiple ships to adjust the cost of full recovery
- New sprites for Euphoria, Starlight Afflictor, and Starlight Wolf

Botaragno

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Underworld 1.4.1
« Reply #169 on: September 08, 2019, 02:47:27 PM »

With the way Pirates seem to spew out endless deathballs of fleets I realise now I'm actually going to have to uninstall this mod.

Every "Strong" pirate fleet is awash with at least 8-10 Dragons and Amalgams and my colonies just cannot hope to build themselves up to withstand that.

Lookit this:

« Last Edit: September 08, 2019, 02:52:33 PM by Botaragno »
Some day the Conquest will be a viable capital..... some day....

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #170 on: September 08, 2019, 05:55:24 PM »

This mod doesn’t increase the size of pirate fleets.

Renegades and Amalgams are easier to kill than Atlas Mk2s.

Only about half those ships in the fleet example you posted are actually from this mod.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2019, 09:11:17 PM by Dark.Revenant »

ZeCaptain

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: September 12, 2019, 01:20:54 AM »

I'm surprised there's nothing special when a cabal fleet chases you back to your cache of ships, wherein you triple the size of your fleet, then proceed to chase them across the map and catch them. They still try to extort supplies from you, nothing like "ok ok you got us, take this 'rare item' and let us live!".

Sinigr

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: September 12, 2019, 04:05:47 AM »

With the way Pirates seem to spew out endless deathballs of fleets I realise now I'm actually going to have to uninstall this mod.

Every "Strong" pirate fleet is awash with at least 8-10 Dragons and Amalgams and my colonies just cannot hope to build themselves up to withstand that.

Lookit this:

You do not know how to play that game, and you say you are going to have to uninstall this mod, it is so funny.
I play with starfarer+spacer modes, and ai officers in each ship max 29 lvl (enemy is much stronger) and i do not have problems, pirates are weakest fraction as usial. And now my colonies are standing without my help, whitout planetary shields.
Before puting such messages just try to think what is wrong with you, not with mods.
8 x High Command  ;)
« Last Edit: September 12, 2019, 04:09:17 AM by Sinigr »
"officerMaxLevel":29,
"officerAIMax":36,
"maxOfficersInAIFleet":36
"tier1StationOfficerLevel":29,
"tier2StationOfficerLevel":29,
"tier3StationOfficerLevel":29,
Try to hunt it! ;)
https://i.imgur.com/gXIAgGy.png

Augustgrad

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: September 15, 2019, 02:40:25 PM »

I wouldn't call it a mod's fault for constantly sending out pirate fleets and usually with mods you have to accept there will be imbalance, especially ones that involves additions to enemies like pirates.

Although I do see a point in an content expansion for pirates having more heavier ships being troublesome if you're not used to tough pirates, I'd simply solve this by decreasing the chance they can spawn by lowering their values yourself in:
"mods/underworlds/data/world/factions/default_ship_roles.json"

It seems with all their variants combined both the ships you mentioned can spawn up to a value of 10, which is the default amount for many Starsector ships.
I'd go ahead and lower each value by 2 if you want to see them less for a total spawn chance value of 4 on each ship. An example in the spoiler below which you can then copy and paste or edit the numbers in their respective location.
Spoiler
(Make sure to ctrl-f the ship names to find these! These are under "combatCapital":{ in mods/underworlds/data/world/factions/default_ship_roles.json)
[I also highly recommend Notepad++ to read these easily]

"uw_amalgam_arm":1,
        "uw_amalgam_ass":1,
        "uw_amalgam_jun":2,

"uw_dragon_bra":1,
        "uw_dragon_eli":1,
        "uw_dragon_sta":2,
[close]
Remember that you can do this to any ships in that file and other mods, but do note however that by decreasing their value you will see other types of pirate ships more and won't solve the problem of a constant pirate armada Starsector sends.

You do not know how to play that game, and you say you are going to have to uninstall this mod, it is so funny.
I play with starfarer+spacer modes, and ai officers in each ship max 29 lvl (enemy is much stronger) and i do not have problems, pirates are weakest fraction as usial. And now my colonies are standing without my help, whitout planetary shields.
Before puting such messages just try to think what is wrong with you, not with mods.
8 x High Command  ;)
No need to rudely flex there, everyone's been frustrated by constant piracy, luddic cells, and ai inspections before.

Nexodas

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: September 20, 2019, 01:38:09 AM »

Hey there! Love the Mod!

Does this mod still require Dynasector? As of this post DynaSector isn't yet compatible with the current game version...should I just refrain from salvaging stuff or...?

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #175 on: September 20, 2019, 12:41:48 PM »

Hey there! Love the Mod!

Does this mod still require Dynasector? As of this post DynaSector isn't yet compatible with the current game version...should I just refrain from salvaging stuff or...?

Dynasector isn’t required.  You can safely ignore it.

Avallac

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: September 23, 2019, 10:54:29 PM »

Thanks for the mod! I've de-civilized arigato station in hopes of taking it over but ended up only being to colonize roboto separately while everything on the station disappeared. Unfortunately I didn't know this would de-spawn dickersons fleets as I wasn't done destroying them. Is there some way through say, console commands, to re-enable dickerson's fleet functionality back without restoring Arigato, or restore them both if necessary?

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #177 on: September 23, 2019, 11:47:48 PM »

I honestly doubt it.  That's not really a scenario I put much design effort into...  whoops.

Modo44

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: September 24, 2019, 03:02:22 AM »

I love the battle barge (4000 fuel capacity because why bring squishy tankers), and the other new pirate ship variants are also pretty nice.

The Cabal seems very OP early on, but becomes a source of "free" high-end ships without having to go to war with anyone. 5 Odysseys in, I thought they would mount a proper punitive expedition to get those back, but no? Is this a Starsector problem, or will the Cabal show up as a faction (pirate or normal)?

Hague

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: September 25, 2019, 06:32:37 AM »

Thanks for the mod! I've de-civilized arigato station in hopes of taking it over but ended up only being to colonize roboto separately while everything on the station disappeared. Unfortunately I didn't know this would de-spawn dickersons fleets as I wasn't done destroying them. Is there some way through say, console commands, to re-enable dickerson's fleet functionality back without restoring Arigato, or restore them both if necessary?

Decivilized colony stations cannot be restored. Best they can be used for afterward as an abandoned station to store ships and supplies. You have to invade the station markets with Nexerelin in order to capture them yourself.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 29