Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 29

Author Topic: [0.97a] Underworld 1.8.3  (Read 653181 times)

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Underworld 1.3.3
« Reply #150 on: July 08, 2019, 05:11:06 AM »

Do others feel that Cabal fleets feel too rare now?
I think I've seen an average of <=2 per cycle in my last game (10 cycles). And in that game and IIRC the last one as well, I never had a fleet I couldn't evade before I reached the point where my fleet is so big it scares all the Cabal tax collectors away. Well, not getting ganked by random elite-tier enemies in the early game is good, but I'm annoyed by the fact that I am effectively locked out of the Cabal submarket permanently because I have no source of reputation gain (at least without doing deliberately gamey things like scaling down to a couple of frigates and going to look for Cabaleros to pick on me).

Actually, that last one is annoying enough that I feel like coding a bar event where you can gain Cabal rep, through stuff involving gambling and drugs.

Shad

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: July 08, 2019, 09:51:04 AM »

I noticed this too. Cabal fleets are extremely rare, even with the devmode radar you can see they are just not there.

In 0.8, I would have seen cruiser-grade fleets with those sweet Starlight Auroras, and even the occasional auto-generated bounty with value over 1 million+.

Alphascrub

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: July 09, 2019, 12:32:13 AM »

I can also can confirm fleets seem a bit more rare now. I've only seen a few and most are maybe 10 ships or less nothing bigger than a medusa.  Mine however might be related to large sector like around 22 modded factions + the vanillas, so I see tons of factions.

namad

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: July 09, 2019, 01:34:36 AM »

Do others feel that Cabal fleets feel too rare now?
I think I've seen an average of <=2 per cycle in my last game (10 cycles). And in that game and IIRC the last one as well, I never had a fleet I couldn't evade before I reached the point where my fleet is so big it scares all the Cabal tax collectors away. Well, not getting ganked by random elite-tier enemies in the early game is good, but I'm annoyed by the fact that I am effectively locked out of the Cabal submarket permanently because I have no source of reputation gain (at least without doing deliberately gamey things like scaling down to a couple of frigates and going to look for Cabaleros to pick on me).

Actually, that last one is annoying enough that I feel like coding a bar event where you can gain Cabal rep, through stuff involving gambling and drugs.

Yes I've seen them as too rare now. HOWEVER I am not sure they're ACTUALLY too rare. Why? Because I've seen a lot of them dying. If they're dying that means maybe enough are spawning but they just die before you see them. One thing I've noticed is that sometimes these small starlight fleets have non-starlight logistics ships that vastly slow down their fleet, which might result in them dying more easily. I also haven't seen any/many powerful starlight fleets, more just weaker ones, but again, are they spawning weaker? or are they just getting into more combat's than they used to. IMO it's probably the latter.

I think what starlight needs is improved burn speed (which you'd get by say preventing any logistics ships with 8 base burn speed from spawning in their fleets)... You might know better than me. I also haven't seen any starlight auroras and I have weirdly seen quite a few small all frigate+logistics starlight fleets.

edit: maybe i'm wrong.... I just saw a starlight fleet with an aurora, burn speed 9, but it's engaged in battle against a large mercenary fleet with a vindicator and max burn speed 7. It's going to kill the starlight fleet, and the starlight fleet was much faster. So I think starlight fleet's aren't too slow to run from big ai fleets.... but the starlight fleets might be attacking slash trying to extort money from gigantic ai fleets and getting themselves killed?

I waited and watched the cabal lose, they left the battle with 2 ships down from their starting 8 or so. One problem with the starlight constantly getting into fights is that... afterwards they refuse to try and extort me because their fleet is pathetic.... another reason more starlight cabal fleets don't spawn is maybe because the total number of starlight cabal fleets has a maximum number? but if they're all constantly fighting and getting whittled down to 1or2 ships.... that means you end up filling that maximum limit full of worthless garbage fleets with 1or2 super fast ships in each... these fleets constantly fleeing from everything and preventing new full force fleets from spawning?
« Last Edit: July 09, 2019, 01:54:34 AM by namad »

crawlers

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: July 11, 2019, 07:01:02 AM »

Could you add some capital ships to the cabal?  I remember they once had a version of the astral that was significantly stronger with some kind of strange drone with a bunch of tachyon lances.  Could they also get the ability to spawn large fleets to take on other factions' fleets?  At the moment, they are not very relevant in the late game.

I also feel that their fleets are rare, and even when I do see them, they tend to be really weak.

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
  • Your Friendly Forum Friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: July 11, 2019, 07:10:31 AM »

Could you add some capital ships to the cabal?  I remember they once had a version of the astral that was significantly stronger with some kind of strange drone with a bunch of tachyon lances.  Could they also get the ability to spawn large fleets to take on other factions' fleets?  At the moment, they are not very relevant in the late game.

I also feel that their fleets are rare, and even when I do see them, they tend to be really weak.
The Cabal Astral is an IBB IIRC
Help out MesoTroniK, a modder in need

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too

crawlers

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: July 11, 2019, 08:40:51 AM »

The Cabal Astral is an IBB IIRC

Oh, ok.  Could they get some other sort of carrier and some fighters then?  The cabal astral was the only one they had.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2019, 10:37:59 AM by crawlers »

namad

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: July 11, 2019, 12:58:01 PM »

Cabal fleets can include non-cabal ships, like say an eos. I swear I've seen cabal have a carrier before, although it was bluish and not pink.

crawlers

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: July 11, 2019, 03:13:27 PM »

Yeah, their fleets can include non cabal ships (though it does sort of bother me when that is the case).  I was talking about a cabal-modded carrier, fighters, and capital ship, as well as having some heavier fleets so they are relevant in the late-game.

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
[0.9.1a] Underworld 1.4.0
« Reply #159 on: July 12, 2019, 02:06:49 PM »

Thanks to King Alfonzo, Lloyd, and Tartiflette, the Cabal are yet more dangerous!

Download Underworld 1.4.0
Download Mirror
(Requires LazyLib 2.4e)
(Requires GraphicsLib 1.4.0)

- Supported by DynaSector 1.4.6 (Not yet compatible) -
- Supported by Nexerelin 0.9.2c (Updated!) -

Git Repository

Edit UNDERWORLD_OPTIONS.ini to enable or disable Underworld features!

We recommend Version Checker to notify you when an update is ready.

Having problems?  Visit the Mod Troubleshooting Guide!

Change Log
Version 1.4.0:
- Added Starlight Odyssey
- Added Starlight Eos
- Added Starscream-class Combat Transport
- Cabal Upgrades is now a 50% supply penalty, from 33%
- Adjusted Cabal spawning to have fewer logistics ships (especially for the small fleets)
- Adjusted Cabal spawning to trend much larger over time and with higher player levels
- Cabal fleets will now change factions on-the-fly to avoid difficult situations and hopefully survive longer
- Cabal extortion refusal reputation penalties work now
- Mongrel and Amalgam are now tagged with ALWAYS_PANIC
« Last Edit: July 12, 2019, 11:51:54 PM by Dark.Revenant »

PyroFuzz

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Underworld 1.4.0
« Reply #160 on: July 12, 2019, 04:34:35 PM »

Amazing!
Hello!

crawlers

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: July 21, 2019, 05:59:03 PM »

The new additions to the cabal are delightful, and although their fleets are rare, they are at least relevant now. 

Can you add a way to add in new cabal markets, perhaps at least at colonies one owns?  Maybe it will require a high reputation with them like cooperative or something. 

Serenitis

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: August 08, 2019, 03:43:28 PM »

I hadn't noticed this until these.... Individuals jumped on me by hiding in plain sight.
Spoiler
[close]
It's sneaky.
It's underhanded.
It's perfect in every way.

Alphascrub

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: August 08, 2019, 06:08:27 PM »

I hadn't noticed this until these.... Individuals jumped on me by hiding in plain sight.
Spoiler
[close]
It's sneaky.
It's underhanded.
It's perfect in every way.

I quite like the changes and the new Cabal ships. They are without a doubt more threatening now than before much longer (almost gatekeeper from a midgame to lategame threat). The ability for them to switch sides seems to keep the alive longer in hyperspace to. Sometimes the cabal might be at war with one faction but the tri taychon isn't. Least that's how it appears to me.

Kwbr

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: August 14, 2019, 06:43:15 PM »

Not sure if this is a stupid question but what's the reason for turning your transponder on near disguised cabal fleets causing instant hostilities with tri-tach?
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 29