Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 29

Author Topic: [0.97a] Underworld 1.8.3  (Read 652984 times)

Ali

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9a] Underworld 1.3.1
« Reply #135 on: February 09, 2019, 11:23:10 AM »

Many thanks - this mod is making my pirate playthrough alotta fun!! Jus wish pirates were as well supported campaign wise as much as the other factions!!  :-\

Don't know if it'd be possible to add a "pirate commission"? prevent pirates from reducing stability when i'm aligned with them? Have pirate friendly bounties?

Is it tricky to add mounts to a ship? the infernus does seem a little short?

Wish she was a little more "fearsome"!! More mounts similar to barbarian & dragon ( masterpieces!! )  ;D

Maybe there's a "mod" version of the infernus out there in hyperspace somewhere!!  ;D  

« Last Edit: February 10, 2019, 10:49:56 AM by Ali »

Troika

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: February 16, 2019, 11:26:59 AM »

I kind of feel like the Dragon and Renegade should swap their systems (and possibly also their top speeds) . Fast racks is a poor fit for a ship that has just two med missile hardpoints, whereas the Renegade has a large missile slot that can take better advantage. '

e: Also why is Renegade's shield worse than a makeshift shield generator?
« Last Edit: February 16, 2019, 12:20:52 PM by Troika »

MesoTroniK

• Admiral
  • I am going to destroy your ships
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: February 16, 2019, 07:30:58 PM »

I kind of feel like the Dragon and Renegade should swap their systems (and possibly also their top speeds) . Fast racks is a poor fit for a ship that has just two med missile hardpoints, whereas the Renegade has a large missile slot that can take better advantage. '
The Dragon and Renegade are both well turned and at the power level they should be. And actually Fast Racks is amazing on the Dragon because those two med missile "hardpoints" are actually turrets! This allows it to quickly fire off torpedo volleys etc until the system charges run dry then return to facing head on at the target while having more targeting flexibility for unguided missile weapons in general :)

e: Also why is Renegade's shield worse than a makeshift shield generator?
Balance, the ship is powerful enough. This feeds back into the some parts of the same reasoning for what the ship systems are on each ship.

Troika

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: February 17, 2019, 03:57:06 AM »

The Dragon has three large ballistics slots and doesn't really have an anti-armor firepower problem. The Renegade has one large ballistic slot and a large missile slot, and kind of struggles due to it's asymmetric weapons layout. It -can- work on the battlefield but currently isn't terribly efficient at any particular role.

Drone_Fragger

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: February 17, 2019, 05:01:39 AM »

Dragons are great because they can slam sabot pods into ships repeatedly till they overload then use 2 x hellbore or 2 x HAG to just destroy them completely. fill every other slot with LAG and regular dual autocannons too so it can basically zone anything smaller than itself out with waves of firepower.

Dostya

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: February 17, 2019, 11:06:12 AM »

Doing a playthrough with Nex, and Arigato in the Styx system with that respawning Dickerson fleet doesn't allow invasions. It does, however, let you raid it into decivilizing to allow easy exploitation of the vast ruin planet below it. AFAIK after decivilizing the fleet stops spawning too. I'm not sure if either of these is a bug, but if one isn't supposed to work then probably neither should the other.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2019, 11:17:58 AM by Dostya »

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #141 on: February 17, 2019, 12:45:38 PM »

That's more-or-less intentional, yeah.

Serenitis

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: March 09, 2019, 03:11:56 AM »

The Cabal are possibly the finest antagonists I have faced in any game for quite a while. While it is common to face opposed forces/characters, they are frequently just an objective that must be overcome to progress.
But the Cabal are such unrepentant dicks I have found it virtually impossible to not dislike them in an almost visceral manner. Not only will they demand everything of value you own in order to ingratiate yourself to them while they blast you with obnoxious noise, the final, awful insult comes when you finally get access to thier special super-secret club shops and find.... An incredibly underwhelming array of mediocre things at vastly marked up prices.
I always found it a better use of time (and it feels much more satisfying) to just punch them right in thier smug faces and take whatever is left.

Every time I encounter them and they start making ridiculous demands I think "They can rut off immediately and forever."
They are amazing and I hate them. Good job D.R

Shad

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: March 09, 2019, 05:04:30 AM »

I wish the Cabal remained a threat past early-game. Regular pirates have bases, raids, high end bounties, (and revenge fleets in Nex). Cabal, you may see a some roaming fleets, and that's it. Once your fleet is big enough, the Cabal just run for it.

pairedeciseaux

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: March 24, 2019, 02:42:14 PM »

I encountered a non-crashing null pointer exception in my current modded game. This is a Nexerelin random sector, playing as Tri-Tachyon. I believe it is a bug in version 1.3.1 of the Underworld mod, related to a change a Cabal donation/extortion mecanism.

Symptoms, part 1:

Spoiler
In my home system a friendly Cabal fleet came in to ask for a contribution, I refused, NullPointerException, and IIRC no reputation change. Here is a transcript:

You're being hailed by the Cabal fleet.

A triangular symbol appears on the comms-line. "That
is an excellent fleet in your employ, Nil Michael. I hope
you will continue on the Starlight Path by graciously
donating the TTS Baku to a greater cause."

Refuse to give

NullPointerException: null

"It is disappointing to hear that, Nil Michael."

The Cabal shepherd angrily cuts the connection.

Excerpt from the log file:

1919884 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.events.RepTrackerEvent  - Not enough trade/smuggling with Tri-Tachyon for a rep change (371721.66, 0.11940003)
1923145 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.rulecmd.CabalPickContributionMethod  - Seen credit value of 515284.0
1923145 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.rulecmd.CabalPickContributionMethod  - Calculated cargo value of 490792.0
1923145 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.rulecmd.CabalPickContributionMethod  - Calculated loose weapons value of 0.0
1923145 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.rulecmd.CabalPickContributionMethod  - Calculated loose fighters value of 0.0
1923145 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.rulecmd.CabalPickContributionMethod  - Calculated ships value of 1511437.5
1923145 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.rulecmd.CabalPickContributionMethod  - Seen monthly profit of 0.0
1923145 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.rulecmd.CabalPickContributionMethod  - Evaluated net worth at 2517513.5
1923145 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.rulecmd.CabalPickContributionMethod  - Targeting extortion value at 957918.94
1923145 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.rulecmd.CabalPickContributionMethod  - Evaluated player power level of 52.0
1923145 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.rulecmd.CabalPickContributionMethod  - Tithe extortion method at weight 0.6538266
1923145 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.rulecmd.CabalPickContributionMethod  - Calculated biggest cargo stack value of 126825.0
1923145 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.rulecmd.CabalPickContributionMethod  - Cargo extortion method at weight 0.36386314
1923146 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.rulecmd.CabalPickContributionMethod  - Calculated best weapon fanciness of 37.94733
1923146 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.rulecmd.CabalPickContributionMethod  - Weapon extortion method at weight 0.14073795
1923146 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.rulecmd.CabalPickContributionMethod  - Calculated best fighter fanciness of 37.94733
1923146 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.rulecmd.CabalPickContributionMethod  - Fighter extortion method at weight 0.18169191
1923146 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.rulecmd.CabalPickContributionMethod  - Calculated best ship value of 45800.0
1923146 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.rulecmd.CabalPickContributionMethod  - Ship extortion method at weight 0.054664876
1924451 [Thread-11] INFO  sound.public  - Creating streaming player for music with id [cabal_neutral_friendly.ogg]
1924451 [Thread-11] INFO  sound.OooO  - Playing music with id [cabal_neutral_friendly.ogg]
1974615 [Thread-5] WARN  com.fs.starfarer.campaign.rules.oOOO  - Problem with command of class com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.rulecmd.UW_AdjustRepCustom: null
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.rulecmd.UW_AdjustRepCustom.execute(UW_AdjustRepCustom.java:28)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.rules.oOOO.execute(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.rules.Object.runScript(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.rulecmd.FireBest.applyRule(FireBest.java:98)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.rulecmd.FireBest.execute(FireBest.java:47)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.rulecmd.FireBest.fire(FireBest.java:53)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.RuleBasedInteractionDialogPluginImpl.fireBes t(RuleBasedInteractionDialogPluginImpl.java:176)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.RuleBasedInteractionDialogPluginImpl.optionS elected(RuleBasedInteractionDialogPluginImpl.java:208)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.FleetInteractionDialogPluginImpl.optionSelec ted(FleetInteractionDialogPluginImpl.java:768)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.ooOoOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO$1.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.A.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newnew.buttonPressed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.int.Ò00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.int.processInput(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.V.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
2003964 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.intel.SurveyPlanetMissionIntel  - Created SurveyPlanetMissionIntel: Zeta Xanthe Che II, faction: Coalition
2004132 [Thread-5] INFO  exerelin.campaign.diplomacy.DiplomacyBrain  - Diplomacy brain for pirates considering options
2004942 [Thread-9] INFO  sound.public  - Cleaning up music with id [cabal_neutral_friendly.ogg]
2005236 [Thread-11] INFO  sound.OooO  - Playing music with id [miscallenous_corvus_campaign_music.ogg]
[close]

Symptoms, part 2:

Spoiler
Later in the same game, it happened again - with the same outcome:

You're being hailed by the Cabal fleet.

A triangular symbol appears on the comms-line.
"You've got some valuable cargo, Nil Michael. Maybe
you can be convinced to continue on the Starlight Path
by donating 480 units of marines."

Refuse to give

NullPointerException: null

"It is disappointing to hear that, Nil Michael."

The Cabal high seer angrily cuts the connection.

Log:

3843555 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.intel.SurveyPlanetMissionIntel  - Created SurveyPlanetMissionIntel: Beta Saleronos X, faction: Coalition
3843686 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.rulecmd.CabalPickContributionMethod  - Seen credit value of 628532.0
3843686 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.rulecmd.CabalPickContributionMethod  - Calculated cargo value of 1421239.0
3843686 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.rulecmd.CabalPickContributionMethod  - Calculated loose weapons value of 265844.0
3843686 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.rulecmd.CabalPickContributionMethod  - Calculated loose fighters value of 265200.0
3843686 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.rulecmd.CabalPickContributionMethod  - Calculated ships value of 2392812.5
3843686 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.rulecmd.CabalPickContributionMethod  - Seen monthly profit of 75608.5
3843686 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.rulecmd.CabalPickContributionMethod  - Evaluated net worth at 5049236.0
3843686 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.rulecmd.CabalPickContributionMethod  - Targeting extortion value at 1956506.1
3843686 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.rulecmd.CabalPickContributionMethod  - Evaluated player power level of 102.0
3843686 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.rulecmd.CabalPickContributionMethod  - Tithe extortion method at weight 0.64074427
3843686 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.rulecmd.CabalPickContributionMethod  - Calculated biggest cargo stack value of 417004.0
3843686 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.rulecmd.CabalPickContributionMethod  - Cargo extortion method at weight 0.36101854
3843687 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.rulecmd.CabalPickContributionMethod  - Calculated best weapon fanciness of 101.82337
3843687 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.rulecmd.CabalPickContributionMethod  - Weapon extortion method at weight 0.16131254
3843687 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.rulecmd.CabalPickContributionMethod  - Calculated best fighter fanciness of 101.82337
3843687 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.rulecmd.CabalPickContributionMethod  - Fighter extortion method at weight 0.16613315
3843687 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.rulecmd.CabalPickContributionMethod  - Calculated best ship value of 79400.0
3843687 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.rulecmd.CabalPickContributionMethod  - Ship extortion method at weight 0.050362773
3844778 [Thread-11] INFO  sound.public  - Creating streaming player for music with id [cabal_neutral_friendly.ogg]
3844778 [Thread-11] INFO  sound.OooO  - Playing music with id [cabal_neutral_friendly.ogg]
3853955 [Thread-5] WARN  com.fs.starfarer.campaign.rules.oOOO  - Problem with command of class com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.rulecmd.UW_AdjustRepCustom: null
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.rulecmd.UW_AdjustRepCustom.execute(UW_AdjustRepCustom.java:28)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.rules.oOOO.execute(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.rules.Object.runScript(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.rulecmd.FireBest.applyRule(FireBest.java:98)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.rulecmd.FireBest.execute(FireBest.java:47)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.rulecmd.FireBest.fire(FireBest.java:53)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.RuleBasedInteractionDialogPluginImpl.fireBes t(RuleBasedInteractionDialogPluginImpl.java:176)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.RuleBasedInteractionDialogPluginImpl.optionS elected(RuleBasedInteractionDialogPluginImpl.java:208)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.FleetInteractionDialogPluginImpl.optionSelec ted(FleetInteractionDialogPluginImpl.java:768)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.ooOoOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO$1.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.A.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newnew.buttonPressed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.int.Ò00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.int.processInput(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.V.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
3880098 [Thread-9] INFO  sound.public  - Cleaning up music with id [cabal_neutral_friendly.ogg]
3880391 [Thread-11] INFO  sound.OooO  - Playing music with id [campaign_music_part_2_v28.ogg]
3881918 [Thread-5] INFO  exerelin.campaign.diplomacy.DiplomacyBrain  - Diplomacy brain for sindrian_diktat considering options
[close]

Cause (99% sure):

Spoiler
There is a typo in various Java source files,

memoryMap.get(MemKeys.LOCAL).set("$Cabal_repBegImpact", repNegImpact, 0);

should be

memoryMap.get(MemKeys.LOCAL).set("$Cabal_repNegImpact", repNegImpact, 0);
[close]

By the way "donating 480 units of marines" and having marines being considered as mere cargo doesn't sound right. I see the script has special dialog branches for fuel and supplies. Would it be possible to use a similar approach for marines (and maybe crew) to solve this? It looks like it could be a lot of work, and I'm not even sure the Starlight Cabal seeks donation-extortion of crew/marines. They aren't slavers aren't they? Maybe (if possible) just exclude marines and crew from the cargo calc logic? What do you think ?

Anyway I had as much fun reading the available dialogs in the rules.csv file as playing, well done. :D  Makes me think I should try as least once going through the Starlight Path.

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #145 on: March 28, 2019, 05:22:38 PM »

Marines apparently count as commodities, so they need a special exception.  There are probably a bunch of human “commodities” in other mods, too, so it’s not like there’s an easy fix for it in general.

As for the typo: thanks for the catch; I’ll fix it in the next version.  It shouldn’t really impact the game much, either way.

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
[0.9.1a] Underworld 1.3.2
« Reply #146 on: May 17, 2019, 03:55:21 PM »

Now supports 0.9.1a!  Also, addresses a number of pending issues.

Download Underworld 1.3.2
Download Mirror
(Requires LazyLib 2.4e)
(Requires GraphicsLib 1.4.0) (Updated!)

- Supported by DynaSector 1.4.6 (Not yet compatible) -
- Supported by Nexerelin 0.9.1e (Updated!) -

Git Repository

Edit UNDERWORLD_OPTIONS.ini to enable or disable Underworld features!

If you want to convert a save (from vanilla or an old version), use Save Transfer to keep your progress.

We also recommend Version Checker to notify you when an update is ready.

Having problems?  Visit the Mod Troubleshooting Guide!

Change Log
Version 1.3.2:
- Updated for Starsector 0.9.1a
- Various minor updates to bring in line with the new Starsector version
- Updated ship prices
- Increased Renegade flux capacity to 20,000 from 18,000
- Increased Renegade top speed to 40 from 35, improved accel/decel/turning
- Cabal commanders can now be found with Loadout Design skill
- Fixed Cabal-related non-CTD NPE
- Fixed Cabal taking marine slaves...

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
[0.9.1a] Underworld 1.3.3
« Reply #147 on: June 28, 2019, 08:44:07 PM »

Thanks to King Alfonzo, the Cabal are even more dangerous than they were previously...

Download Underworld 1.3.3
Download Mirror
(Requires LazyLib 2.4e)
(Requires GraphicsLib 1.4.0)

- Supported by DynaSector 1.4.6 (Not yet compatible) -
- Supported by Nexerelin 0.9.2 (Updated!) -

Git Repository

Edit UNDERWORLD_OPTIONS.ini to enable or disable Underworld features!

If you want to convert a save (from vanilla or an old version), use Save Transfer to keep your progress.

We also recommend Version Checker to notify you when an update is ready.

Having problems?  Visit the Mod Troubleshooting Guide!

Change Log
Version 1.3.3:
- Fixed extorting own faction fleets
- Added Starlight Shrike
- Enhanced each Starlight skin...

Vayra

• Admiral
  • jangala delenda est
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Underworld 1.3.3
« Reply #148 on: June 28, 2019, 08:51:00 PM »

???
Kadur Remnant: http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=6649
Vayra's Sector: http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=16058
Vayra's Ship Pack: http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=16059

im gonna push jangala into the sun i swear to god im gonna do it

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
Re: [0.9.1a] Underworld 1.3.3
« Reply #149 on: June 28, 2019, 09:05:50 PM »

Presumably it *could* be updated.  In ten thousand years.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 29