Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 20

Author Topic: [0.8.1a] DynaSector 1.4.7  (Read 301609 times)

Erick Doe

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • "Pretty cunning, don't you think?"
    • View Profile
Re: [0.8.1a] DynaSector 1.2.0 (Not working)
« Reply #210 on: July 11, 2017, 07:32:10 PM »

Is there any chance you will consider about TUP (Tore Up Plenty) too?  Or is it too imbalanced with DS and other faction that is compatible with DS?  TUP recently got updated to work with Nexerelin.

TUP is not good enough to be integrated.

Wow. Mind enlightening us? 'cause from what I've experienced, the ships are pretty flavorful, the faction has a unique take on building rep and it's being actively maintained and iterated upon. Those seem like pretty good qualities to me.

I completely understand his reasoning because TUP is not well balanced and I'll be the first to admit that.  I'm glad you and others are enjoying it but it's not on the same level as the faction mods that Dyna currently supports.  You could theoretically shoehorn TUP support into your own copy of Dynasector by adding and editing some things, but it will take a while (50+ ships?  have fun) and the results may not be worth it.

TUP ships were designed with balance toward vanilla Starsector in mind, but not made to provide a balanced “faction” in itself. Really, it was initially just a collection of ships, and I created the Corvus Scavengers as a way of introducing these ships to the universe. But they were never intended to be a true faction or faction mod, such as Blackrock Drive Yards or Shadowyards Heavy Industries.

Though I'm impressed with what you've done with the mod, CaptainWinky. Curious to see where you will take it if you keep working on it.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2017, 07:34:09 PM by Erick Doe »

Regularity

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.8.1a] DynaSector 1.3.2
« Reply #211 on: September 24, 2017, 01:25:24 PM »

Is there a way to reduce the number of these events the game runs?

Code
INFO  com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.shared.StarSystemActivityTracker  - Increasing system bounty probability for ...

I've been running into a lot more hanging/freezing games if a campaign has been running for so long. And in the game log, 90% of the last 50 entries before a game freeze are all bounty probability calculations... so I suspect they are the cause of my game freezes.

I know DynaSector has a setting for limiting the number of bounties active (default: 6), but I can't find any options for reducing probability calculations for bounties.

StarSchulz

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: September 24, 2017, 01:44:53 PM »

Vanilla usually has a lot of those in the logs. May i ask, what mods are you using and how much Ram you have allocated starsector, along with how much V-Ram your graphics card has? it can make a big difference in the hanging, freezing and stuttering.

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #213 on: September 25, 2017, 01:41:00 AM »

DynaSector doesn't do anything with StarSystemActivityTracker, since those are from the system bounties that pop up every now and then.  All DynaSector replaces is named bounties.

Regularity

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: September 25, 2017, 02:15:17 AM »

DynaSector doesn't do anything with StarSystemActivityTracker, since those are from the system bounties that pop up every now and then.  All DynaSector replaces is named bounties.

Hmm... well, regardless, I was having game freezes (which increased in frequency the longer a campaign had been running, in in-game time). By the 2nd or 3rd in-game year the freezes were occurring every 15-30 minutes.

They stopped completely when I went into "\DynaSector\data\campaign\events.json" and edited out (deleted) the following section:

Code
    "person_bounty": {
        "probabilityMult": 1,
        "script": "data.scripts.campaign.events.DS_PersonBountyEvent"
    }

So I suspect something in the referenced script is causing the issue. There are others in the mod help forum reporting a similar freeze issue while running DynaSector (among other mods), so it's not an isolated incident. But I don't pretend to know the mod's code well enough to what specifically is causing the problem... all I know is that I went from game freezes every 15-30 minutes to absolutely no freezes even after playing several hours thanks to removing that section of code.

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #215 on: September 27, 2017, 09:59:11 AM »

I'm going to need more information than that.  I ran many instances of Starsector with the vanilla bounties and mang with Dynasector bounties - no difference in performance or save stability whatsoever, even with hours-long runs.

What is your modlist?  What actions do you take ingame for the freezes to occur?  What are your system specs?

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
[0.8.1a] DynaSector 1.4.0
« Reply #216 on: October 01, 2017, 11:32:44 PM »

A few bugs got fixed, including a hail-Mary attempt to improve save stability.  But, more importantly, Tyrador is now integrated!  Breaks saves.

Download DynaSector 1.4.0
Download Mirror
(Requires LazyLib 2.2)

Git Repository

Edit DYNASECTOR_OPTIONS.ini to enable or disable DynaSector features!

If you want to convert a save (from vanilla or an old version), use Save Transfer to keep your progress.

We also recommend Version Checker to notify you when an update is ready.

Having problems?  Visit the Mod Troubleshooting Guide!

Other Downloads
Blackrock Drive Yards 0.9.0
Diable Avionics 1.87 (Updated!)
Exigency 0.7.2 (Not 0.8a-compatible yet!)
Interstellar Imperium 1.18.0 (Updated!)
Junk Pirates / P.A.C.K. / ASP Syndicate 2.6.0 (Not 0.8a-compatible yet!)
The Knights Templar 0.9.8d (Updated!)
The Mayorate 0.9.2 (Not 0.8a-compatible yet!)
Outer Rim Alliance 0.74 (Updated!)
Scy Nation 1.34 RC1 (Updated!)
Shadowyards Reconstruction Authority 0.6.1.2c (Updated!)
Ship/Weapon Pack 1.4.0 (Updated!)
Tiandong Heavy Industries 1.1.2 (Not 0.8a-compatible yet!)
Tyrador Safeguard Coalition 1.3.0 (New!)
Underworld 1.1.3 (Updated!)

Recommended Mods
Audio Plus 1.1.0
Combat Chatter 1.7.2
Common Radar 2.4c
Console Commands 3.0 WIP5 (Updated!)
GraphicsLib 1.2.1
Save Transfer 1.11.5 (Updated!)
Simulator Overhaul 1.4 (Updated!)
Version Checker 1.7c

Optional Mods
Leading Pip 1.8.1
Nexerelin 0.8.2d (Updated!)
Steiner Foundation 1.2

Version 1.4.0
- Added support for Tyrador Safeguard Coalition
- factions.csv, weapon_categories.csv, ship_roles.csv, and fighter_wings.csv now merge with other mods that define them
- Fixed minor bugs
- Fixed occasional problem where slots might be filled with inappropriate weapons (such as annihilators on side mounts)
- Vain attempt to fix save instability
- Assassination bounties will only spawn for hostile factions
- Adjusted theming system for allied factions
- Updated for Ship/Weapon Pack
- Updated for Interstellar Imperium
- Updated for Shadowyards
- Updated for Diable Avionics
- Updated for Outer Rim Alliance
« Last Edit: October 01, 2017, 11:35:00 PM by Dark.Revenant »

jaymc1130

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.8.1a] DynaSector 1.4.0
« Reply #217 on: October 07, 2017, 10:46:45 AM »

Why are all of Dark Revenants mods impossible to download?

Every other mod I've downloaded opened like a normal zip mod download and unzipped and I copy pasted to where I needed. All of DR's stuff opens in some totally weird way, pops up a page to click on to open or save and then when open is clicked it pops up with some blurb about viruses and bs another random page opens and closes in the background too fast for me to do anything and then all those windows close and nothing else happens.

Its just DR's mods too.

Wtf?

Le edit: Nvm, its Diable Avionics too, so seems some things integrated with it use some sort of strange unzip method? How fix? Me wantey transformer mecha ships.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2017, 11:21:04 AM by jaymc1130 »

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
  • Your Friendly Forum Friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: October 07, 2017, 11:29:35 AM »

His links are direct downloads from github. Have you tried saving the file or the mirror at all?
Help out MesoTroniK, a modder in need

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too

StarSchulz

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: October 07, 2017, 02:30:29 PM »

I think the files are in the .7z format, so windows doesn't recognize it as a normal zip file. you would need a specific program to do it, i would suggest using 7-zip as it is free.

otherwise, welcome to the forum.  this guide may help you: http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=11462.0

jaymc1130

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: October 07, 2017, 09:36:51 PM »

I think the files are in the .7z format, so windows doesn't recognize it as a normal zip file. you would need a specific program to do it, i would suggest using 7-zip as it is free.

otherwise, welcome to the forum.  this guide may help you: http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=11462.0

Hey, thanks for getting back at me. Yeah, it was a weird format thing, I figured it out and got mostly everything settled as far as downloading all the cool spiffy stuff I wanted that you folks work so hard on (thx so much 4 dis btw!!!). Its nice to be here, hello people!

I've been taking a look around and trying to familiarize myself with the game and the forum. I dunno where to ask about general help questions setting up all these new mods but I suppose asking you here is a good place to start:

I can't seem to get Java JRE stuff to run for any version other than the one that came with the original game and I don't want my weak ass lap top that's running this to crash (it probably can't even really handle this but.... vanilla was so awesome and I wanted more), so I could use an assist there.

Version checker is also saying BRDY and Dassault-Mik failed their update checks but I seem to be able to do stuff and see and be a part of them in game (I tested a start as each faction for about 20 minutes just to mess around and get a feel for which ships I liked best). So I dunno what that means.

But hello and hey there and thanks and its good to be here again!

MesoTroniK

• Admiral
  • I am going to destroy your ships
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: October 07, 2017, 09:40:48 PM »

Don't change the JRE, the version that installs with Starsector is the one you use.

StarSchulz

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: October 08, 2017, 01:26:17 AM »

Not all the mods have their version checker files setup right just yet, so that is normal.

Like Meso said, don't try to run the game with a different version of java, the game usually doesn't like it. It used to be important as a step in modding starsector, but as of the most recent update that isn't needed anymore. I think specifically, the 32-bit java the game came with wouldn't allow enough memory to run the game with many mods enabled.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2017, 01:29:34 AM by StarSchulz »

jaymc1130

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: October 08, 2017, 09:01:31 AM »

the 32-bit java the game came with wouldn't allow enough memory to run the game with many mods enabled.

Yeah, I got a warning pop up message after finally starting a new game that 51% of the memory cap had been reached so I tried messing with the java stuff and no, the game did not like it one bit.

Fortunately I pulled the original jre out of the recycle bin and copy pasted it back and swapped the xms and xmm both to 2048 and now she's running like a champ.

At least as much like a champ as this game can run on a cheap Inspiron 15 3000 series laptop.

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
[0.8.1a] DynaSector 1.4.1
« Reply #224 on: December 01, 2017, 09:27:18 PM »

General update for supporting new mod content, including Junk Pirates / PACK / ASP.  Also includes various minor improvements and fixes.

Download DynaSector 1.4.1
Download Mirror
(Requires LazyLib 2.2)

Git Repository

Edit DYNASECTOR_OPTIONS.ini to enable or disable DynaSector features!

If you want to convert a save (from vanilla or an old version), use Save Transfer to keep your progress.

We also recommend Version Checker to notify you when an update is ready.

Having problems?  Visit the Mod Troubleshooting Guide!

Version 1.4.1
- Added randomizer theming to Random Battle and Custom Battle
- Fixed rare profiler crash with capital-case memory options
- Improved theming for Scy and Shadowyards
- Minor fleet randomization enhancements
- Adjusted Interstellar Imperium fighter weights
- Certain factions have adjusted rates for Ballistic/Missile/Energy weapons in markets
- Updated for Ship/Weapon Pack
- Updated for Underworld
- Updated for Junk Pirates, PACK, and ASP Syndicate
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 20