Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 20

Author Topic: [0.8.1a] DynaSector 1.4.7  (Read 302267 times)

peperoni_playboy

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.8.1a] DynaSector 1.3.1b
« Reply #180 on: June 14, 2017, 07:24:35 PM »

he may be talking about this
Spoiler
this was posted on /stsg/ describing something called an "Attack Remnant Station". I find it hard to believe this is a vanilla entity, given the extreme amount of fleets it's generating at once.]
[close]

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: June 14, 2017, 07:34:20 PM by peperoni_playboy »

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #181 on: June 14, 2017, 07:33:35 PM »

DS randomizes variants and cannot affect fleet composition, let alone number of fleets.

peperoni_playboy

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: June 14, 2017, 07:35:03 PM »

I didn't think it had something to do with DS, but I'm just trying to figure out if that's what Dal was talking about, and like I said I doubt this is vanilla behavior.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2017, 07:41:56 PM by peperoni_playboy »

Dal

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: June 14, 2017, 07:48:28 PM »

I posted here because I noticed the additional components the station was using were from DS. If the system's not your doing then I guess I'll keep poking at it.

Sy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: June 14, 2017, 08:04:20 PM »

might wanna report it in the vanilla support forum, if you think it's doing something that is way beyond what it reasonably should be doing (and i would agree, based on that screenshot).

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #185 on: June 14, 2017, 08:11:13 PM »

"Attack Remnant Station" sounds like something from a mod, and I can't say I know of it from any of the high-profile mods.

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #186 on: June 14, 2017, 09:18:49 PM »

It's as opposed to "Standard" or "Damaged".  It's a DynaSector variant, not a new type of battlestation.

Drokkath

• Captain
  • Xenophilic Mutant Commando
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: June 15, 2017, 02:42:20 AM »

Tried to start a new game yesterday due to other mods highly recommending it with this mod but upon entering a new game, the game just outright crashes upon trying to create or spawn ships aka make them visible, probably something to do with my super-ship and super-weaponry combined into one personalized modpack, plus I turned off all of the mod's features anyway.

That and I don't really want opponents to appear using my super-weaponry, so I don't even feel like trying to fix the issue as I'm not even sure what else this mod may alter or add or make the game crash and my SS modding has already starting to burn me out and I'd rather just play the darn game in peace already. I can live without this mod for a while until I'm recharged and able to read its details at some random point in the future when I feel like doing what I wanna do when I wanna do it.

Basically, CHIM:
Spoiler

[close]
« Last Edit: June 15, 2017, 02:53:46 AM by Drokkath »
For I dipt in to the future, far as my gazer eye could see; Saw the vision of the world, and all the wonder that would be.

marianojoey

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: June 15, 2017, 11:28:35 AM »

Hi, just wanted to say that starting a game selecting SCY nation as my benefactor crashes the game to desktop right at March 1st (just before saving the data and starting the game). Obviously, I'm using last version of everything.

If I start with any other benefactor, I have no problems, and regarding SCY, I can see them out there on the map just fine (and they seem to be doing well on their own). :)

Anyway, thanks for the mod(s), and sorry for any mistakes, English isn't my main language. :)

Drokkath

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: June 15, 2017, 12:20:49 PM »

Hi, just wanted to say that starting a game selecting SCY nation as my benefactor crashes the game to desktop right at March 1st (just before saving the data and starting the game). Obviously, I'm using last version of everything.

Yeah, sounds like the exact issue I'm having with the mod as I tried for about 3-4 times to start and generate a new game in Scy's space and start out as one of them with latest Nexerlin, latest version of Nexerlin being what I downloaded about a day or two ago.

Welcome to the forums by the way, Marianojoey! I'm still new myself here despite the post count as I haven't played SS as long as others. Recent update to the core game got me finally interested enough to play SS about 40% of the time.

EDIT: Yup, some conflict on the Scy and/or this mod's side, just made sure if the same happens when starting out with Hegemony and it generated everything normally without a crash.

EDIT2: Arhgh, apparently now the problem has gone, just as I was about to un-pause after taking an initial screenshot and preparing the game to crash yet again and screenshot that too, the game starts out fine after loading everything in-game on-screen, heck I made sure my own personal mods aren't in error just yesterday by starting a new game without DynaSector which generated the new game just fine. Just yesterday was starting the game 3-4 times a row and it crashed every - single - time - with - DynaSector, Bleh, what a mind-messer. >_< I give up.

EDIT3: Uh, come to think of it I did download an update to Scy somewhere between yesterday and today and installed it without checking in the game. *facepalm*
« Last Edit: June 15, 2017, 02:17:32 PM by Drokkath »
For I dipt in to the future, far as my gazer eye could see; Saw the vision of the world, and all the wonder that would be.

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #190 on: June 15, 2017, 07:14:44 PM »

I have no idea what you're talking about.  Scy starts fine for me.  What's your error log when it happens?

Drokkath

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: June 15, 2017, 07:23:37 PM »

What's your error log when it happens?

Well, I had one just yesterday but another simple mistake in one of my own mod files overwrote the log and when I tried to start a new game again (as I previously described) as part of the Scy faction with Nexerlin to replicate the crash, as like I said, I give up as I don't know what the issue was so I don't know either. What I do know is that it irritated me to no end.

>_< *facedesk*

I'm gonna blow off some steam by relaxing taking down fleets with three new personalized super-ships.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2017, 07:36:21 PM by Drokkath »

Allectus

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: June 15, 2017, 08:49:17 PM »

Did Neutrino ever receive support?  You mentioned it was a good candidate on the first page.

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #193 on: June 15, 2017, 09:02:01 PM »

Nope.

marianojoey

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: June 15, 2017, 09:50:23 PM »

Hi, thanks for the welcome. :)

I'll check later that new patch for SCY and see what happens. :)

Logs didn't show me nothing I could understand, sadly, and deleted them. If (after downloading SCY once again) I keep having that crash, I'll post the log here to check. :)
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 20