Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 20

Author Topic: [0.8.1a] DynaSector 1.4.7  (Read 301611 times)

Surge

• Captain
  • Go big or go home.
    • View Profile
Re: [0.7.2a] DynaSector 1.0.3
« Reply #75 on: May 23, 2016, 09:03:24 AM »

Not sure where to post this, having an odd big where bounty fleets don't scale. Even if I have a heavy cruiser it only generates 20k bounties that run away on sight.
I'm using:
BRDY
combat chatter
Diable
Dynasector
Graphicslib
II
Junk pirates
Lazylib
Leading pip
Mayorate
Neutrino
Nexerlin
Portrait pack
Scy
Shadowyards
S&W pack
THI
Twiglib
Underworld
Upgraded Rotary Weapons.

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #76 on: May 23, 2016, 06:48:31 PM »

That's vanilla behavior.  Auto-scaling bounties is a SS+ feature.

Surge

• Captain
  • Go big or go home.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 23, 2016, 09:34:57 PM »

Oh....OH GOD.

This THI play through is gonna be way harder than I thought.

Kevin Flemming

• Commander
  • So say we all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 25, 2016, 12:15:28 PM »

I'm not sure if this is a Dynasector thing, but it seems like it. I'm receiving a warning about optimal fleet size. Currently testing a mod, gave myself a load of ships and noticed it pop up.

Can I disable that at all? Editing some of the options perhaps?

Pointless chatter:
Spoiler
Eventually, I like to aim for a slightly-larger fleet than normal. As many as I can possibly get without gimping myself (at least too much). Tend to have quite a few smaller Frigates to chase down the pansies who run away. Most are just backups and reinforcements, if I need them.
[close]

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #79 on: May 25, 2016, 12:44:30 PM »

That's SS+

Kevin Flemming

• Commander
  • So say we all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 25, 2016, 12:47:46 PM »

That's SS+

Ah, found it. Thanks, DR. ;D

adimetro00

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 25, 2016, 08:03:15 PM »

The factions i would like to see integrated are:
Mettleson Industries
Pegasus Belt Council
P9 Colony
Neutrino Inc

Deshara

• Admiral
  • Suggestion Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 02, 2016, 02:17:37 PM »

first three arent done enough to be worth the integration effort and neutrino isnt balanced enough to be integrated
Quote from: Deshara
I cant be blamed for what I said 5 minutes ago. I was a different person back then

adimetro00

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 04, 2016, 10:33:13 PM »

Hey, if something supports ss+ can it support this mod?

Deshara

• Admiral
  • Suggestion Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 04, 2016, 11:54:40 PM »

If it did support SS+ it could support this mod for sure. However, is the current version of the mod still supports SS+ then it doesn't support this mod; this mod is the current iteration of what used to be SS+ so SS+ is the outdated version of this
Quote from: Deshara
I cant be blamed for what I said 5 minutes ago. I was a different person back then

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #85 on: June 05, 2016, 01:46:20 AM »

DynaSector and SS+ are different mods and they work together.  SS+ as it is currently mostly does rebalancing.

Randy

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 01, 2016, 11:53:09 PM »

i noticed that pirate fleets dont have much pirate ships anymore and i can buy other mods ships at the jangala military shop

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #87 on: July 02, 2016, 04:52:20 PM »

i noticed that pirate fleets dont have much pirate ships anymore and i can buy other mods ships at the jangala military shop
That's the whole point of the mod -- more variety.  There's no reason that other factions might have a couple of the other factions' ships laying around.  Almost nobody in this sector is doing well enough that they can afford to throw away perfectly good ships.

That said, if you don't like that, you can disable fleetIntegration and/or marketIntegration.

Randy

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 02, 2016, 11:37:34 PM »

That's the whole point of the mod -- more variety.  There's no reason that other factions might have a couple of the other factions' ships laying around.  Almost nobody in this sector is doing well enough that they can afford to throw away perfectly good ships.

That said, if you don't like that, you can disable fleetIntegration and/or marketIntegration.

when entire pirate fleets are nothing but high tech and mod ships its kinda hard to get started
I am thinking it just needs to have the rates tinkered with

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #89 on: July 03, 2016, 02:06:36 PM »

when entire pirate fleets are nothing but high tech and mod ships its kinda hard to get started
I am thinking it just needs to have the rates tinkered with

You do realize that mod ships can be worse than vanilla ships, right?  Junk Pirates and PACK ships, which you've likely seen as "mod ships" in pirate fleets, are generally pretty weak.  For the sake of curiosity I generated some maximum-quality-factor pirate armadas, and the result involved a mix of Tiandong; Junk Pirates; PACK; various low tech, midline, and high tech ships; and a smattering of other factions like Imperium, Scy, and Blackrock.

They're kitchen sink fleets and they don't have very good weapons, either.  Even this example is an extreme case in case a pirate market somehow has 10 stability.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 20