Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Gryphon never using missile autoforge  (Read 1838 times)

Rap1d

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Gryphon never using missile autoforge
« on: April 27, 2016, 08:54:14 PM »

Hello, so I just spent like an hour in the simulator watching the AI control the gryphon with several different missile setups and different enemies, and as the title states, the gryphon pretty much never ever uses it's ability, if you have any replenishing missiles mounted, like salamander or pillium. It's quite a shame because it's a pretty great support ship, but it's ability is pretty much useless.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Gryphon never using missile autoforge
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2016, 09:23:40 PM »

Hmm. Having just checked it out, it does use it, even in a loadout with Salamander, Pilums, and just a single Cyclone launcher. Salamanders don't factor in at all here, btw. I think what you might be seeing is once it runs low on missile ammo for something like the Cyclone, it'll be more conservative using it, and thus will take a lot longer to run down the ammo to the point where it'll decide to reload (which isn't zero, but pretty close to it). In the simulator, this may take too long. In a real battle where it's not the only ship, it's going to find more opportunities to fire off the remaining missiles and thus use the system earlier.

Rap1d

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2016, 09:29:38 PM »

So what setup exactly were you using? Is it possible that this is some kind of a mod issue, even tho I'm only using vanilla missiles? For example, the last simulator run I tried was using two pilliums, two salamanders, and one atropos. I was using an officer with 10 in missile specialization and also had the missile subsystem. The simulator was running a long time, I had some frigates covering the gryphon and plenty of enemies spawned, and when the enemies ran out I spawn some more. Once the gryphon ran out of the atropos missiles, It never remade them.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2016, 09:32:01 PM »

Ah, yeah, that's a bit of an edge case - it probably wouldn't bother using the system for just the Atropos in that case. You didn't have anything in the large mount, correct?

Rap1d

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2016, 09:42:20 PM »

I tried it with the trebuchet missile pod in the large mount, and it didn't reload it once it reached 0. So I figured that's because it's a mod weapon, so I removed it and tried it with the mount empty and just with the single atropos.