Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: [0.97a] Diable Avionics v2.8.4  (Read 12526 times)

khaled99069

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.97a] Diable Avionics v2.8.3
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2024, 07:45:08 PM »

Hi there, why did you add malicious code specifically targeting another mod?

the amount of times i had to ask people for logs and they didn't send them specifically because they either disabled a mod before sending them or just never responded because they knew the logs would out them, is hilarious.

the code is removed. enjoy the mod

in what way do you think adding malicious code to something you don't even own is hilarious ??
your trust with the starsector community has plummeted you should be ashamed of your abhorrent actions you kinda violated the code and the trust of the community very ironic indeed.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2024, 07:50:59 PM by khaled99069 »
SUS

Kuroe

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.97a] Diable Avionics v2.8.4
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2024, 07:56:37 PM »

I just wanted to say was pretty excited someone picked up tartiflette's mod since I love their mods. Didn't even know about this drama(?) until I heard someone talking about malware in one of the mods I use. And now I can't ever use tartiflette's mods since I'll never know when the new maintainer gets in a fight with some random people on the internet and decides to add malicious code for *** and giggles. Like how do you ever expect anyone to trust any of your code anymore?

Kanil

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2024, 07:56:53 PM »

really, the only winning move is not to play. there are no laws or bribes forcing you to give people attention if you don't like what they're doing

I agree with this. I don't really know what the drama is about, and I can't say any of the acronyms in these posts ring a bell. You've made your mod seem quite untrustworthy, while in the process introducing me to the existence of mods you find offensive and do not want others to use. That seems counterproductive?

presidentmattdamon

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2024, 07:57:19 PM »

yeah it was really funny

in what way do you think adding malicious code to something you don't even own is hilarious ??
your trust with the starsector community has plummeted you should be ashamed of your abhorrent actions you kinda violated the code and the trust of the community very ironic indeed.

specifically for this, if tartiflette comes back because of this and tells me off for it, then i'll apologize to you and other people who had their saves shredded. you and other people who are mad about me messing with your "experiences" can always fork the mod if you don't trust me any more, because all i hear from people that don't use that mod is that they love my work and they're happy i'm bringing the mods back.

rest assured i won't be putting more code like that into tart's mods though.

Kuroe

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2024, 07:58:03 PM »

I just wanted to say was pretty excited someone picked up tartiflette's mod since I love their mods. Didn't even know about this drama(?) until I heard someone talking about malware in one of the mods I use. And now I can't ever use tartiflette's mods since I'll never know when the new maintainer gets in a fight with some random people on the internet and decides to add malicious code for *** and giggles. Like how do you ever expect anyone to trust any of your code anymore?

Nick9

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2024, 08:01:07 PM »

Just into Tart's mods?
« Last Edit: March 07, 2024, 08:03:40 PM by Nick9 »

Cerevox

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2024, 08:03:58 PM »

This is the problem though. You put malicious code in a mod once. How does anyone know you won't do it again? How does anyone know you won't put anything worse in? You did silently so how do we know you won't get in a slapfight with another modder, get mad about it, a put more dangerous malware code in some totally unrelated mod? No one can ever trust you again because you have proven you will take unilateral action to harm others. This isn't something you can just laugh off. Every bit of code you write is now suspect, forever.

Kuroe

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2024, 08:05:03 PM »

Considering you added malicious code out of nowhere, this doesn't really mean much.

Mextili

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2024, 08:12:29 PM »

yeah it was really funny

specifically for this, if tartiflette comes back because of this and tells me off for it, then i'll apologize to you and other people who had their saves shredded. you and other people who are mad about me messing with your "experiences" can always fork the mod if you don't trust me any more, because all i hear from people that don't use that mod is that they love my work and they're happy i'm bringing the mods back.

So we can take it as you'll be putting the same code or worse into any other mods you work on then? Thanks for setting a precedent for people putting malware into mods over their own petty disagreements.

CrimsonLightning

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2024, 08:16:59 PM »

No, see, prez, sorry doesn't cut it. Not that you are apologizing, even now.

You violated two things. The first is your own reputation. Why should anybody trust you? I'm not going to trust TNP2 anymore, who knows what you'll stuff in there. You can't even bring yourself to promise not to add malicious code anymore, just "not in Tart's mods". What happens next time you argue with someone online? You add code that harms users over your own agenda? People's trust for you will be in the gutter, and can you even blame them?

The second thing is Tart's intentions. He didn't make Diable free for anybody to update for it to be made a tool in modding vendettas. He did this so that the community could have fun. Playing Diable. You, in accepting the duty of updating this mod, are the steward of this mod, not its owner. The community and Tart are implicitly trusting you with this duty. What did you do? Spit on it.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2024, 07:53:05 AM »

presidentmattdamon has been banned from the forum for distributing mods with code that deliberately corrupted savefiles under certain conditions.

We're looking at changes to the forum rules to hopefully head off this sort of situation in the future.
Pages: 1 [2]