Fractal Softworks Forum
December 18, 2018, 08:42:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Starsector 0.9a is out! (11/16/18)

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: [0.8a] Portrait Pack v1.2.3  (Read 40647 times)
HELMUT
Admiral

View Profile
« on: March 11, 2016, 04:04:36 PM »

As its name implies, the Portrait Pack adds more than a hundred of lore friendly portraits to the game. Not only they'll be available at the start of the campaign to the player, they'll also be used by other factions. The installation is the same as another mod.

Changelogs

v1.2.3
*Fixed duplicated lines.

v1.2.2
*Fixed duplicated portraits.

v1.2.1
*Removed the support for NGO at the demand of the mod author.

v1.2
*New portraits added.
*Tweaked the colours of the FM2 portraits.
*Added support for ICE.

v1.1
*Added modded factions support.
*Some cleaning in the faction files.
*Added Version Checker compatibility.

v1.0
* Initial release.

Special thanks to MesoTroniK to help me figure out how to make it works.

Also thanks to TrashMan to let me use the portraits he found for his own portrait pack.

Disclaimer :
All images are copyright to their respective owners.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2017, 11:40:29 AM by HELMUT » Logged

Kevin Flemming
Commander

So say we all.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2016, 04:31:28 PM »

Wow, I love these! They look so much better than the originals (no offense intended, of course lol).
Originem
Commander

Dancing like a boss.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2016, 05:33:50 PM »

Support and let's dance

Everything belong to AL once and for all.
Piemanlives
Commander

I've Got This, I think...

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2016, 06:37:43 PM »

I love this, it's all I ever needed.

This is called me throwing my missile swarm at you, and by swarm I mean massacre, and by missiles... I actually just mean missiles, there's actually not much to it really.
Weltall
Admiral

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2016, 06:17:46 PM »

Hoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooly sammich! Thank you so much for sharing this! It looks absolutely awesome Cheesy You are great!

I do have though to ask; Is it necessary for your faction files to include any information afar from "portraits"? Doesn't that means that if the game updates in any way, or if another mod alters them, your faction files will return that to the vanilla defaults, depending on the version you made this on?

I ask because I altered them to contain only the id and the portrait, because I tried to use the on 0.7.1a and it returned an error about mudskipper2_CS, which I am guessing does not exist in 0.7.1a. Removing any info but the portrait and the ID, let me use the portraits and they seem to load normally in game.

I am not saying this to make it backwards compatible, as much as doing that would potentially let it be used in any version, as long as the faction ids do not change, and it would not alter anything but the portraits.

Ignorance is bliss..
kazi
Admiral

I'm a huge dork.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2016, 06:46:17 PM »

Here in the far future... EVERYONE IS NOW JAPANESE!!!!! (with several token Americans/Russians thrown in for diversity's sake  Wink)

Jokes aside, I feel like the faces could use a bit more color, they feel a little desaturated atm.

@weltall - Doing what you did and removing everything but the portrait in the .faction files is absolutely the way to go. On mod load, the modded .faction files get merged with the base .faction files, and only the fields that you've modified are changed.

The Soldier
Admiral

Quartermaster

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2016, 07:44:25 PM »

These are surprisingly vanilla-flavored - I really like these!

Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.
Weltall
Admiral

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2016, 07:45:23 PM »

Thank you for clearing it out kazi Smiley

Ignorance is bliss..
SierraTangoDelta
Commander

Who could it be?

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2016, 09:05:59 PM »

Considering the avatar of the creator, why isn't Royco Cup of Soup man a potential portrait choice?
HELMUT
Admiral

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2016, 04:00:31 PM »

I ask because I altered them to contain only the id and the portrait, because I tried to use the on 0.7.1a and it returned an error about mudskipper2_CS, which I am guessing does not exist in 0.7.1a. Removing any info but the portrait and the ID, let me use the portraits and they seem to load normally in game.

Yep, fixed.

Jokes aside, I feel like the faces could use a bit more color, they feel a little desaturated atm.

Yeah, the Front mission 2 portraits could be saturated some more, haven't done it yet though, maybe for the next update. In the meantime, the FM3 ones are much more lively.

Considering the avatar of the creator, why isn't Royco Cup of Soup man a potential portrait choice?

Eh! As much as i'd like to add it to the game, i'm not sure everyone would want some long necked freak in a so called "lore friendly" mod!

Anyway, first update, fixed some of the issues.

Code:
v1.1
*Added modded factions support.
*Some cleaning in the files.
*Added Version Checker compatibility.

SierraTangoDelta
Commander

Who could it be?

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2016, 07:47:24 PM »

If I happen to find a set of portraits that are particularly good, would you be interested in adding them all in to the pack? I'm talking with a few friends who are considering ripping a large number of portraits from various space games, and I figured we might as well get them all together in once place.
Weltall
Admiral

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2016, 08:11:16 PM »

T_T SO MANY FACTIONS ADDED! Helmut, you are so wonderful for creating this! Mental tears are flowing down my eyes from the happiness!
« Last Edit: March 13, 2016, 08:12:50 PM by Weltall » Logged

Ignorance is bliss..
Bastion.Systems
Captain

Special Circumstances LCU

View Profile Email
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2016, 11:41:47 AM »

So many portraits   Grin
theSONY
Admiral

Not a single Flux given

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2016, 04:37:56 PM »

WOW  Grin

-the ABOMINATION - in progress
HELMUT
Admiral

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2016, 09:01:21 AM »

T_T SO MANY FACTIONS ADDED! Helmut, you are so wonderful for creating this! Mental tears are flowing down my eyes from the happiness!

Damn, didn't knew a portrait mod would causes such reaction. Grin

To answer Sierra : yeah, if you can find some cool portraits, i'd be happy to tweak and add them to the mod.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: