Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: My review of Starsector  (Read 4761 times)

Dias Flac

• Ensign
    • View Profile
My review of Starsector
« on: March 09, 2016, 06:39:29 PM »

It's pretty short and to the point. I didn't really touch much on modding since I haven't had a chance to dabble too much in that...and also I was trying to be objective in relaying the vanilla experience. I think I was fair. Although you really only need to listen to the first minute for my verdict. In future reviews I may hold off on that... 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cg_H1Ji7hAo

For folks around here having spent some time with the game what your take on it thus far?  So for I'm pleased.

Honestly this is probably the most fun I've gotten out of 15 dollars for a while.

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
  • Your Friendly Forum Friend
    • View Profile
Re: My review of Starsector
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2016, 07:55:26 PM »

Not exactly very nice telling people that can or should share keys...
Help out MesoTroniK, a modder in need

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too

Dias Flac

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: My review of Starsector
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2016, 09:06:44 PM »

Not exactly very nice telling people that can or should share keys...

Well I said in the video they should buy it and that if they want to share it with a friend they can if they want to do that in the hopes their friend will like it and buy a copy as well.  Sorry for being optimistic.

I don't buy games too often and I almost never pre-order stuff so this is a bit out of character for me but Starsector looked genuinely good and I wanted to support the devs.

Still, a quick glance at the forum says...

Quote from: forum rules
Do not post links to illegal / unsanctioned downloads, discuss potentially illegal activities or encourage such things (e.g. Piracy, drugs etc.).

So I went ahead and trimmed that shareable part from the video since that would in so many words violate that rule for the forum. As soon at the edit finishes processing it'll just jump over that section regarding the sharing part. Naturally I had to cut out the part thanking Fractalworks for their openhanded DRM policy in this case.  :P