Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: [0.7.2a RC] 0 CR Mothballed ship low CR event after combat  (Read 3732 times)

Nick XR

• Admiral
    • View Profile
[0.7.2a RC] 0 CR Mothballed ship low CR event after combat
« on: March 07, 2016, 10:21:50 PM »

Using SS+, but this might be a bug in normal.

I've got a ship that I've captured and it was mothballed on capture.  There's a slim chance it seems (1:30 ish) that after battle I'll have a bad low CR event against that ship.  The events can range from losing the ship to less bad.  Also, in case it matters:  I won the combat, there was a pursuit phase, this took place in a hyper space nebula.

Maybe this isn't a bug, but I would have assumed a ship in mothball was more or less in "stasis".
« Last Edit: March 07, 2016, 11:07:10 PM by XRsyst »

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.7.2a RC] 0 CR Mothballed ship low CR event after combat
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2016, 11:19:49 AM »

Thanks for the report - this is indeed a bug. Looks like it could happen if *another* ship in your fleet was at 0% CR right after an engagement - mothballed ships wouldn't cause accidents, but could suffer from them due to being at 0% CR; that part of the code wasn't checking mothballed status. Fixed!

TJJ

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2016, 11:15:34 AM »

I just had this happen too.

I captured the ship, then chose to unmothball it so it could be repaired.
The accident caused its destruction :(

Surely lethal accidents shouldn't happen if you have plenty of supplies, regardless of CR level.

And if it's intended that they can, then there needs to be a HUGE warning on campaign screen.
"WARNING: [ship name]'s CR is critically low; it could explode at any moment!"

Paul_Kauphart

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2016, 07:42:48 AM »

Hello,

I just had this happened on a vanilla game, my only ship at 0CR was one of my ship that was disabled in combat. In the after battle screen, the ship was recovered. As soon as I got back to the campaign, there was an accident and the ship was lost, along with crew and marines.

As I understand it losing a ship in battle already means dead crew and marines, and being able to restart the wreck is supposed to be a good surprise. Having that ship being taken out with additionnal crew and marines right afterwards made me feel screwed by the game; especially since I hade a full cargo of supply and plenty of crew to take care of that ship.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2016, 07:45:40 AM »

Hi there - per my response earlier, this is a bug and is fixed for the next release :)

Paul_Kauphart

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2016, 04:44:18 PM »

I checked again, this may have been the wrong place to post my problem, since later testing showed me that disabled ships from your own fleet are not automatically mothballed, so it actually worked as expected.

Any chance that recovered ships from your fleet can be auto mothballed as well after battle then ?

Thanks for the answer.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2016, 06:50:17 PM »

Ahh, you know, I didn't read into this in enough detail, my apologies.

Thought I had changed it a while ago so that ships wouldn't suffer an accident while being repaired, but looking at the code, apparently I only though to do it but didn't actually get to it :)

So: did that now. The new rule is that ships may suffer an accident if they're at less than 10% CR, not mothballed, and repairs are suspended or the fleet is out of supplies.

Thank you for bringing it up!

Deshara

• Admiral
  • Suggestion Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2016, 08:00:50 PM »

Alternatively, ships can have an accident any time they're being r epaired/recovering CR. Starsector: Entropy Edition!
Quote from: Deshara
I cant be blamed for what I said 5 minutes ago. I was a different person back then

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2016, 08:04:48 PM »

I'm afraid in this case we have "Starsector: no off-topic posts in the bug reports forum" edition :)